Problems in paradise...

bacharles

Korrup~shun!!
Donating Member
Registered
As always, as my project bike is just going into it's final stages, I decided to give the bike a test run today. Got the fuel pump back on and connected, fuel in tank, all connections to the PC right on. All is well...turn key...hit ignition button and NOTHING!! PC light come on and then shut off when fuel pump stops priming. What could the possible problem be? Never had problems with the PC before. And yes, the battery if fully charged. Any help would be appreciated.

did you take the pump apart at all ?

i had a simmilar problem that golden child helped me out with , when i was putting the fuel pump back together after blowin out the fuel filter one of the o rings got a crack in it during reassembly and i wasnt reciving fuel pressure ? just an idea ? anyways it was an easy fix took one to auto parts store and they matched it up had to buy a set of 6 for under 10 $

if it was out of the tank for a while maybe the orings dried out and cracked ?

guess i read it wrong ?
all_coholic.gif

(Pipefighter248 @ Mar. 02 2007,23:13) Lights on PC will go off after fuel pump is primed.
Still could be it, but I don't know.
Yeah, I thought as long as the ignition was in the ON position, the light on the PC stayed on. The switch is actually doing nothing. It's not even trying to turn over. Funny thing is that I can by-pass the PC and hook everything back up stock and it still does nothing.

(nitrousjunkie @ Mar. 02 2007,22:27) send me a copy of the tune youre trying to run    devil_dog5150@yahoo.com
I don't even know what tune I've got in it because it was a custom one from Johnnycheese...

If you've unhooked the PC and it fired up fine, I would have to say it's the PC.
rock.gif

You can try to save the map in it and run zero map to see if it will start.
Don't know if there is a reset on it.

i'm sure you already have but check the easy stuff first...is the "run" switch in the "on" position...out of gear, kick stand up, clutch pulled, etc...not trying to offend as i know you have ridden for a long time, i'm just remembering times when i have made simple mistakes

Back