Pilot Power report

So how would you rate them to perilli diablos? I have a set of diablos and havent had one prob was even able to scrape a little strator cover

So how would you rate them to perilli diablos?
I have never ridden on the Diablos. However I have used the Metzler M1. They are the same rubber compound, the only differences are the tread pattern and the Diablo has 1mm deeper tread depth on the rear.

The M1's are a great tire. Slide very predictably. My biggest problem with the M1's....mileage. I got 770 miles out of a rear. No burnouts at all. Over 400 of those miles were spent in one weekend at the Gap and surrounding roads.

I believe with my riding style and my weight(340lbs), I was pushing that tire too hard. I know several of my friend who get 2000-2500 miles out of the M1. I was spinning it too much coming out of the corners.

The majority of the rubber on the market today are excellent. The tire choice just needs to be matched to the riding style. Like everyone else, I am looking for a tire that will last 10000 miles and stick like a slick.

I too am curious about the Diablo comparison. It will be hard to convince me something sticks better than the diablo which, I felt, required no warm up time either. The sport HPX were very unimpressive, but I am certain the Powers are much better. But the Diablo is definitely a winner. does the power offer equal stick with better wear? I really dont care about wear, just stick. I know you didin't try diablos... anyone else? will I be the first with that comparison?
biggrin.gif

Also, how do the powers FEEL at 186?

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115279991 -->

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>NEW PILOT POWER SET UP FOR RAFFLE RIGHT NOW!!!!</span>
clicky the pic below

beerchug.gif

pilotpower.jpg

I too am curious about the Diablo comparison.  It will be hard to convince me something sticks better than the diablo which, I felt, required no warm up time either.  The sport HPX were very unimpressive, but I am certain the Powers are much better.  But the Diablo is definitely a winner. does the power offer equal stick with better wear?  I really dont care about wear, just stick.  I know you didin't try diablos... anyone else?  will I be the first with that comparison?  
biggrin.gif

my diablos are multi purpose and have about 18-1900 miles on them now. I read corners and these have been to the track as well. Im only 165 lbs though. Probably be replacing them after friday. I with diablos till another review comes out and something is rated better

I too am curious about the Diablo comparison.  It will be hard to convince me something sticks better than the diablo which, I felt, required no warm up time either.  The sport HPX were very unimpressive, but I am certain the Powers are much better.  But the Diablo is definitely a winner. does the power offer equal stick with better wear?  I really dont care about wear, just stick.  I know you didin't try diablos... anyone else?  will I be the first with that comparison?  
biggrin.gif

As I stated the Diablo and the M1 are the same rubber compound. The stick on the M1 was great, the Powers are 1 step below a true race tire and better than the M1 I have used.

Living in the mountains there are very few places that can support 186 mph safely. I have been above 160 indicated(140ish real speed) on the trip across the Skyway with no stability issues.

my diablos are multi purpose
That is the key phrase in your statement. The current crop of rubber will appeal to the masses. What works for me, might not be the best choice for you.

When you throw factors as my weight and riding style in to the mix and having tires on a Busa as the question, I actually can get better millage with a sticker tire, I.E. Super Corsa, H2's etc.

According to Michelin, the Power is rated the same as the H2 on grip. I fell that they are very close, but not the same. The H2, to me is the one of the two with the better grip.

The selling point on the Powers are the increased stick with increased millage. Plus the exceptional wet traction. Just my opinon, the Powers are the best street tire on the market today.

WWJD, the powers top the diablos. Ive ridden both. Very little difference between the pirelli and the M1, as VMAN stated. I also agree that they are the best street tire out there. The powers also will have a significantly longer lifespan.

Take the plunge dood, I promise you will not be disappointed, You also him.

Back