Picture DVD

I know you do (and will) bro.

Maybe we'll put together a quick "ride to Asheville and see Vman" tour or something - if its appropriate...

Heck, if we let Don lead we'll be there in what...... 30 minutes
race.gif
?
A ride to Kevins house sound like a great idea, but, only if he is up to it. Like Randy said, with Don leading the pack we would be there in no time.
smile.gif
Im in.
smile.gif
Kevin, You do what is best for you and Brenda, it wont be the same at the bash without you but it sounds like we are going to fix that, so really, you wont be missing it at all.

Anything you need me to do just let me know.
smile.gif

Take care my friend,

Tim.

smile.gif

smile.gif

oops already posted... nm but the ride to Vmans if it were to happen could go via the "Gorge"..

Kevin - I've got a multi-drive DVD duplicator that could make quick work of the DVDs...

Lemme know, Brotha!

Kevin - I've got a multi-drive DVD duplicator that could make quick work of the DVDs...

Lemme know, Brotha!
BusaCruise will be heading up the DVD's this year. I will still set up the shoot and it will be around the same time 10am Saturday morning.

BC will have the disc shipped to him and go from there.

There is one thing I'd really like to address. I didn't take part in any of the photo shooting last year because I really just didn't think it was safe. There were a number of things that really scared me about getting out there: there was a bridge right on turn exit, the entry/exit spot for the turn was right on top of the turn, the turn was lined with pine trees, there was a worry about people overshooting their right hand turn and taking me out on my left hand turn. I was very worried the entire time that a bad accident could occur any minute and there were a few close calls too. Well, I've voiced my worries now and I feel better. I wish I knew of a better spot but I don't; I will, however, do my best to find one if others are interested.

Ian
www.redlinestands.com

Darryl will shoot wherever you guys want him to shoot. I do agree that in is a turn on where you must be mindful of oncoming traffic.

On the good news front, I did talk with my Onc today....the Bash is still a possibility, no promises, but we may still be there.

On the bad news front, I am taking my chemo right now, yuck.....

There is one thing I'd really like to address.  I didn't take part in any of the photo shooting last year because I really just didn't think it was safe.  There were a number of things that really scared me about getting out there: there was a bridge right on turn exit, the entry/exit spot for the turn was right on top of the turn, the turn was lined with pine trees, there was a worry about people overshooting their right hand turn and taking me out on my left hand turn.  I was very worried the entire time that a bad accident could occur any minute and there were a few close calls too.   Well, I've voiced my worries now and I feel better.  I wish I knew of a better spot but I don't; I will, however, do my best to find one if others are interested.

Ian
www.redlinestands.com
You make a good point there Ian but the irony of it all is that (if I'm not mistaken) for the last two years straight someone has spilled not at the corner during the shoot but on the way back to the CROT from the shoot!

Perhaps one of the "regulars" to the area can suggest a location that is more private/isolated that would be more suitable?
thumb_up.gif

Maybe some of those arriving early could "scout" the area?

I plan to try to get there on Thursday this year and I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled and ask some locals encase there will be a better spot. If at all possible it would be great if we could instruct the group to take it easy cornering to the right so that there is little chance of someone washing out and causing a head-on collision with the guys making the left handers. Point being, it would be much safer if the group knew to only attempt a hard lean for Killboy while making a left hand sweep. I really think we might avoid an accident by doing so.

Ian
www.redlinestands.com

good points... there were a few times it was a little ... well odd to have someone flying past the other way but really wasnt too bad. The bad thing is that going away towards the CROT is where the accidents happened.
sad.gif

As for other areas... the only other place I can think of that would be at least semi private would be down near the other entrance of the dam farther out 28 coming out of the sweepers into the facility
rock.gif
Most of the rest of 28 up to the CROT is either no good for the camera or too risky for anyone hammin it up. Maybe the killboy group has some ideas.

We could also look at moving the shoot up onto the skyway, at least there a group could make the run up, then back down with some intervals between them
rock.gif
though I dunno how busacruise will feel about that one
argue.gif

rock.gif

This corner we have used the last couple of years really offers the most usable features.

nice sweeping corner

Easy places to turn around

Excellent area for a group shot

Maybe we could regulate how many are out at one time...dunno how we could make that happen. The best thing we can use in common sense. The right hander needs to approached with a different attitude. Not only oncoming traffic, but a nice concrete bridge. And folks need to remember this is not a race track, just a place to get some high quality action shots.

I am not apposed to using a different location. I will ask Darryl and see what he thinks.

This corner we have used the last couple of years really offers the most usable features.

nice sweeping corner

Easy places to turn around

Excellent area for a group shot

Maybe we could regulate how many are out at one time...dunno how we could make that happen. The best thing we can use in common sense. The right hander needs to approached with a different attitude. Not only oncoming traffic, but a nice concrete bridge. And folks need to remember this is not a race track, just a place to get some high quality action shots.

I am not apposed to using a different location. I will ask Darryl and see what he thinks.
I tend to agree that his is the best "Hayabusa" curve in the area
beerchug.gif

I never have felt very uneasy there, but I ride in that area more frequently than most people that attend the Bash. It seems calm compared to a summer weekend on the Dragon.

There is one thing I'd really like to address.  I didn't take part in any of the photo shooting last year because I really just didn't think it was safe.  There were a number of things that really scared me about getting out there: there was a bridge right on turn exit, the entry/exit spot for the turn was right on top of the turn, the turn was lined with pine trees, there was a worry about people overshooting their right hand turn and taking me out on my left hand turn.  I was very worried the entire time that a bad accident could occur any minute and there were a few close calls too.   Well, I've voiced my worries now and I feel better.  I wish I knew of a better spot but I don't; I will, however, do my best to find one if others are interested.

Ian
www.redlinestands.com
From my perspective at the 06 Bash...

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin,
Folks like you are the reason I have been coming to the Bash the last few years. I hate that you might not be able to go but totally understand as I would do exactly the same thing. I'll just have to wrap a couple of the traditional saugage burgers up for ya and tote them out to ya on the ole scooter. Holla at me if I can help in anyway brother.

Nate

P.S. My vote for the picture is at the same curve as the past couple. It seems to work well with our numbers. Maybe we could find a new spot for the stationary group photo? I dunno.

Even if I don't make it, I can help out with DVD dubbing and mailing... someone just let me know what you need me to do...

Back