pics of my LED's

(Shadow @ Sep. 18 2006,11:30) Speed, Do you have pics of the Mountings and did you use anything like silicone to seal them on???
The LED's come w/ adhesive tape already mounted to the underbelly of the LED's and there's extra doublesided adhesive tape as well.

If he hasn't posted by this evening I'll show you a few pics once I get home of how they're mounted.

I also used some heat resistant tape so the +/- wires won't get melted.

(Shadow @ Sep. 18 2006,11:30) Speed, Do you have pics of the Mountings and did you use anything like silicone to seal them on???
here is the pics of the mounting, it took me a few times to get it right.
what Big-T said about the adheasive, the stuff is super strong, the lights have been on for almost a year and they have not budged...

HPIM1039.jpg

HPIM1038.jpg

HPIM1037.jpg

HPIM1036.jpg

HPIM1035.jpg

HPIM1040.jpg

HPIM0988.jpg

HPIM0983.jpg

hope that helps

the front fender was the most diffucult, i ended up putting 2 small strips on either side of the inside of the fender, this is not shown in the pic, the light is much stronger now. but becarfull how you route the wires so close to the wheel/tire...

I am surprised nobody has put them in the air intakes yet. That would be a cool spot, if I was to do this....but the law up here doesn't really take to well to any costomization.

(ColdBusa @ Sep. 19 2006,06:00) I am surprised nobody has put them in the air intakes yet.  That would be a cool spot, if I was to do this....but the law up here doesn't really take to well to any costomization.
Now that's an idea!  I might have to look into that.

If you decide to bite the bullet and go w/ the lights, you can take advantage of until 2006OCT03.

(ColdBusa @ Sep. 19 2006,06:00) I am surprised nobody has put them in the air intakes yet.  That would be a cool spot, if I was to do this....but the law up here doesn't really take to well to any costomization.
i thought about it and still think about it, but the prob is that you would be able to see the led's, i have seen it done and dont like how it looks...

Thank you BiG-T for providing me the information on the group buy. I'll let you know when I order mine. I'm gonna go for the purple.

(formerly "gtblades")
tounge.gif

(gtbusa2002 @ Sep. 20 2006,20:24) Thank you BiG-T for providing me the information on the group buy.  I'll let you know when I order mine.  I'm gonna go for the purple.

(formerly "gtblades")  
tounge.gif
No prob!

Talked to the CHP here in Cali & the only color legal to have illuminating from the sides of the bike is amber. Red from the rear. Blue, green purple ect.. are all illegal.
My question is the ones mounted closest to the headers, is there a heat issue that may cause a problem?

(KoK-LoL @ Sep. 21 2006,08:54) Talked to the CHP here in Cali & the only color legal to have illuminating from the sides of the bike is amber. Red from the rear. Blue, green purple ect.. are all illegal.
My question is the ones mounted closest to the headers, is there a heat issue that may cause a problem?
actually i have had no prob with the headers, but i have had a heat issue with the engine, you have to make sure you route the wires as far away from it as possible, if you look at my pics you will see how i did it, if you follow it you should be fine...

I like the front grill ones, speedemon... Flick them on as u pull away from the unsuspecting
beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif

Nice work guys, thanks for sharing pics
smile.gif

(KoK-LoL @ Sep. 21 2006,08:54) Talked to the CHP here in Cali & the only color legal to have illuminating from the sides of the bike is amber. Red from the rear. Blue, green purple ect.. are all illegal.
I found out the hardway that the lines need to be routed and secured.

I had the bike on for a few minutes before the lines were melted which fused the positive and negative together and blew a fuse (new fuses bought from Radio Shack).  
sad.gif
  Of course I didn't think to check that until after talking w/ SPEEDEMON and he told me of his minor heat issue.

So after cutting, crimping and rewiring I routed the lines better and secured them to the fairing w/ heat resistant tape like they use where the midpipe comes near the fairing.

Great thread fellas!!! I'm going to light my bike up this winter! A lot of great ideas! I'm going to check on the light color issue legality!

Back