Front Running Lights Mod

KROOZER

Donating Member
Registered
I did the Switchback LED front running lights mod. Signal lights blink (all) really fast. I was told to get a load equilizer but I dont feel like installing them since they get really hot and have to find a place where they wont melt anything. I thought about a relay but dont know which to use and which to replace. Yes, Im really bad with electricity but am capable of follwing directions. Or if I replace the rear signal bulbs with LED, will all the signal lights blink normally? If I do install LED in the rear, will my Priority Lite Plus SOS still work? Laugh at me if U want since Im so poor in understanding electricity. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

PS: I know regular yellow bullbs 1157 will cure this problem on my 06 but the Switcback LED is the bomb! So unique. Would like to keep them. Just trying to keep the LEO's off my CDL license.

OMSLAW, Ur a really great help. Problem is, this is embarassing as I say this, which relay I need and where is the old one. Like I said, Im no benjamin Fraklin but do follow direction well. Thanks!

By choice I left mine with the faster blink rate...to me, it's more noticable/annoying/eye-catching out on the road...therefore safer IMHO.

(Over_Easy @ Jun. 28 2007,10:44) By choice I left mine with the faster blink rate...to me, it's more noticable/annoying/eye-catching out on the road...therefore safer IMHO.
Thanks for advice. I agree that it looks cooler and visually annoying which to me, makes it much more visible. However, have U experience the rear signal lights burning out sooner? Do the police harass U? Thanks again.

(KROOZER @ Jun. 28 2007,07:54)
(Over_Easy @ Jun. 28 2007,10:44) By choice I left mine with the faster blink rate...to me, it's more noticable/annoying/eye-catching out on the road...therefore safer IMHO.
Thanks for advice. I agree that it looks cooler and visually annoying which to me, makes it much more visible. However, have U experience the rear signal lights burning out sooner? Do the police harass U? Thanks again.
In the directions I had it stated that installing the transistor and having the slower "normal" blink rate could cause the LED brake/turning indicators to overheat...so having the faster blink rate is not only more noticable but actually keeps them from overheating as well.

And, no, I've never been harassed by the police and have it used directly in front of them before.

Back