Rear running lights switch

Thanks a billion BusaWhipped!!!!!!

I definately needed that
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

the way ICEMAN explained it is probably the best way to go about it... if i was going to do it... it would be that way. The "loom" that he speaks of is a plastic tube that is cut like a spiral so it is very flexable and can be put anywhere. You shouldnt be worried about the weight of wire that is only going to run probably no more than 5 feet. I would rather tear into my wiring in the tail than to pull the front apart and splice into the main wire harness anyday. Digging into the main wire harness is asking for trouble down the road. Always get to your wires at the easiest spot (the tail). 5 feet of wire wont offer up enough resistance to cause any problems with this application. When you start talking about 50 feet then you will have issues. Sounds like the switch is more than capable of handling the circuit if it is rated at 25 amps. Just be sure to guard against shorts like ICE said by putting silicone on the back of the switch after you hook up the wires.

Here is a picture of the spiral wire protection stuff ice was talking about... (at the bottom of pic)

cpc0906_107.gif

the way ICEMAN explained it is probably the best way to go about it... if i was going to do it... it would be that way.  The "loom" that he speaks of is a plastic tube that is cut like a spiral so it is very flexable and can be put anywhere.  You shouldnt be worried about the weight of wire that is only going to run probably no more than 5 feet.  I would rather tear into my wiring in the tail than to pull the front apart and splice into the main wire harness anyday.  Digging into the main wire harness is asking for trouble down the road.  Always get to your wires at the easiest spot (the tail).  5 feet of wire wont offer up enough resistance to cause any problems with this application.  When you start talking about 50 feet then you will have issues.  Sounds like the switch is more than capable of handling the circuit if it is rated at 25 amps.  Just be sure to guard against shorts like ICE said by putting silicone on the back of the switch after you hook up the wires.

Here is a picture of the spiral wire protection stuff ice was talking about...  (at the bottom of pic)

cpc0906_107.gif
Great info.
Thanks dude!

Back