Opinions?

then EZ.... does the Garmin Nuvi260 have an elevation reading? (before I go harass the inlaws again)
From Garmin's website.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Question: How do I see elevation on my nüvi® 2xx?
Answer:
To view elevation on the nüvi® 2xx, follow the steps:

1. Power the unit ON.
2. Take the GPS unit outside and let it acquire satellites with a clear view of the sky.
3. From the Where to? and View Map page, touch View Map.
4. Tap on the Vehicle Icon that is on the map.
5. The unit will show the elevation and ask "if you want to save your location as a favorite."
[/quote]

Thanks,thats why I said let me check before I stick my foot in my mouth
No worries; I told her wrong in the first place anyways.
Method I said works on the 6XX nuvi's but not the 2XX.
thumb_up.gif

I use the NUVI 200W on the bike and it works great. 5 or 6 hours on the battery and bring the cord just in case. Jules the elevation is found by tapping the blue cursor while the map is running, it'll pop a screen with coordinates and elevation...

can the Nuvi be used on the motorcycle? On the Garmin site it says the Zumos work ont he Motorcycle, something about the Nuvi not being rugged enough for the vibration... anyone with experience/ solutions with this?
Mine fried on my bike, don't recommend it, my Tom Tom lasted 3 years till I got caught in rain storm with it and it got soaked.

Hey MC, Tigerdirect has a nuvi 350 for something lie $280 right now... dang great GPS with the larger 4.3 screen, doesnt have the bluetooth/advanced features that the 360+ models have but if she just needs a great GPS that you can share maps/updates with... its great
beerchug.gif

hmmm. the garmin 550 is what im looking at
I wouldnt trade my zumo 550 for anything... I love it... one power wire and thats it.

MP3
XM radio
Interfaces with my phone
Interfaces with my bluetooth headset...

There is a lot more but I dont think I could have been happier with anything else.

Cap, what kind of headset do you have? the XM radio part caught my eye and I went to there site to look them up.. Looks really cool.

hmmm. the garmin 550 is what im looking at
I wouldnt trade my zumo 550 for anything... I love it... one power wire and thats it.

MP3
XM radio
Interfaces with my phone
Interfaces with my bluetooth headset...

There is a lot more but I dont think I could have been happier with anything else.
I don't need all the XM and bluetooth stuff.. I ride to get away from that stuff!

I just want directions and where is the closest gas station/ bathroom
laugh.gif

Back