Time for an Introduction

Hey, the fender mod, where to purchase?

Not necessarily anything to purchase.

-- Remove 4 bolts holding the fender
-- Remove the rear seat and on the leftside of the trunk you will see the license plate light connector that you will need to remove

-- Use the rear reflector brackets and attach the license plate bracket and reinsert in the holes left when removing the fender

or

-- Purchase an undertail eliminator and attach the license plate bracket and reinsert in the holes left when removing the fender

In order to be completely you will need a license plate light. I bought a couple of Lite 'n Boltz and wired them in with the stock wiring.

Congrats Ken!! :beerchug:

She's lookin good for sure.... not as good as Baby J, but still good~ :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Congrats Ken!! :beerchug:

She's lookin good for sure.... not as good as Baby J, but still good~ :thumbsup:

Thanks, Greg. It will be a while before I try something along the lines of Baby J again, but maybe someday. Right now I'm just gonna enjoy the ride. :thumbsup:

looks nice... i said the same thing about keeping her stock and so far all i have added is a tank pad (but the wintertime goody list is at 9 items and growing :laugh:)

Not necessarily anything to purchase.

-- Remove 4 bolts holding the fender
-- Remove the rear seat and on the leftside of the trunk you will see the license plate light connector that you will need to remove

-- Use the rear reflector brackets and attach the license plate bracket and reinsert in the holes left when removing the fender

or

-- Purchase an undertail eliminator and attach the license plate bracket and reinsert in the holes left when removing the fender

In order to be completely you will need a license plate light. I bought a couple of Lite 'n Boltz and wired them in with the stock wiring.

Wow, nothing I need to buy? LoL...Cool Man.

Yeah I was checking it out earlier and noticed the 4 bolts, and then noticed the light wiring, thanks for taking the time to explain this though, it doesn't seem that difficult and I could probably go out in the garage right now and fiddle around with it.

Also, my bike is the exact same color and I just checked the mileage and says 792, kinda funny since the pic you posted of the speedometer reads the same.

Last edited:
I removed the fender, no prob. But could not tell exactly which wiring was going to the alternate breaklight, so I ended up cutting the wire, is there something I need to do with the cut wire? Thanks. Also I do not have anything to make the plate lite up at night, are cops gonna come after me?

I removed the fender, no prob. But could not tell exactly which wiring was going to the alternate breaklight, so I ended up cutting the wire, is there something I need to do with the cut wire? Thanks. Also I do not have anything to make the plate lite up at night, are cops gonna come after me?

We've already notified the authorities. They are converging on your location as we speak. Step away from the weapon slowly with your hands up :laugh:

Its pretty minor, no lights on the tail light, I'll talk my way outta a ticket. Can they seriously get you for that?

What about the wire I cut, it quickly went back up under the tail unit as soon as I cut it. This going to cause any issues?

looks nice... i said the same thing about keeping her stock and so far all i have added is a tank pad (but the wintertime goody list is at 9 items and growing :laugh:)

Thanks, Eric. I actually have a list of several things to do, but there's nothing over the top and mostly for comfort, safety or cosmetic reasons. The first line in my sig is actually a link to my webpage where I like to keep things posted.

Wow, nothing I need to buy? LoL...Cool Man.

Yeah I was checking it out earlier and noticed the 4 bolts, and then noticed the light wiring, thanks for taking the time to explain this though, it doesn't seem that difficult and I could probably go out in the garage right now and fiddle around with it.

Also, my bike is the exact same color and I just checked the mileage and says 792, kinda funny since the pic you posted of the speedometer reads the same.

That is cool! Mine is closing in on 900 now.

Its pretty minor, no lights on the tail light, I'll talk my way outta a ticket. Can they seriously get you for that?

What about the wire I cut, it quickly went back up under the tail unit as soon as I cut it. This going to cause any issues?

Should not cause any problems. I did that when I first did the mod and was waiting on my Lite 'n Boltz to arrive and prevent double work. When they did arrive I just spliced right in. Here's what mine looks like at night now.

Fender Eliminator (29 Aug 08) - 1a(R).jpg

Fender Eliminator (29 Aug 08) - 2a(R).jpg

You're spoiled Ken! :laugh:

Looks great though...and I love the name! :oldcool:

Thanks, 'Chelle! There is a story behind that name. :whistle: BTW, guess you need to change your title now?

Oh yeah! Thanks for the reminder...I am now QUEEN and RULER of the little folks... :laugh:

Hey, so, what's the story on the name? :poke:

Back