Opinions on Ferguson MO

I think this is real simple. Act like a second class citizen get treated like one. All those idiots rioting etc down there in ferg should every one of them be arrested and charged with arson, attempted murder, inciting a riot, robbery, unlawful assembly, loitering, etc etc. Throw the book at everyone of them. Their sentence is to replace and rebuild every building, car, window, tree, blade of grass they messed up, at their own expense and at their own back breaking labor. Then community service for the next 10 years to clean the rest of the stink hole of a town, and surrounding towns.

The riots come as no surprise. This will sound racist but I have no other way to present this. When was the last time we saw white people rioting and burning down buildings and looting?

Having said that, now I will piss off the Republicans here. LOL. I could care less what results Pres Obama has or has not provided us in his term of office. But last night I needed to see that Black elected leader stand up and state that what they were doing was wrong and criminal and it is not acceptable. TY Mr. President. Because everyone in that town voted for you and YOU stepped up and led by example. That allows me to know that you Pres. Obama at least can see right from wrong and take that stand without regard for being labelled poorly or not. Gives me hope that we can close this racial divide maybe a few years sooner. Unless we forget about this next week. Which is most likely.

Back to your regularly scheduled rants.

I think this is real simple. Act like a second class citizen get treated like one. All those idiots rioting etc down there in ferg should every one of them be arrested and charged with arson, attempted murder, inciting a riot, robbery, unlawful assembly, loitering, etc etc. Throw the book at everyone of them. Their sentence is to replace and rebuild every building, car, window, tree, blade of grass they messed up, at their own expense and at their own back breaking labor. Then community service for the next 10 years to clean the rest of the stink hole of a town, and surrounding towns.

Good luck getting that applied.

You know very well that is not how America works.
If they even did get them to jail and then convicted of all charges.
Then they would go to prison and we would get to support them in prison for their duration there. :banghead:

second...here is a EXCELLENT letter by a Vet and a American living in Ferguson ..

This was posted in the Ferguson Scanner, and later deleted. I am posting it here because I found this man's message to be in keeping with my own thoughts about the events going on in Ferguson. It's lengthy, but worth reading.

My Name is William G. Lillas....
I wanted to clear up a few black and white questions and answers. The things I state are facts. They are not downloaded from some media website, not propaganda, just observations from a 83 year old black man, born in America:
"I was told by my parents (yes, a married man and woman with my last name), that I was n*****. We lived in “N***** Town” in a small Texas town, no A/C, grass growing through the floor, no car, no TV. We washed our bodies with lye soap that my mother made, by hand. I thought I was a n*****, until I graduated high school, went to college, did an enlistment in the Army, and got a job. I am now retired, own my own home, have 6 children by ONE WOMAN, and we all have the same last name. I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts, a Master’s Degree in Sociology. My retirement, VA disability from combat in the Korean War (I only have one leg), and part-time pay in a local college, is about $125,000 a year. From dirt poor n*****, to old, black, proud American.
Yes, I am black, and I can say “n*****”, because I understand the true meaning of the word.
Let’s clear up a few things about the Michael Brown incident.
-Fact: It is not called "shoplifting or stealing", it's called "robbery", which is a felony. Brown stole something and assaulted someone, that means ROBBERY. It’s on video, and it’s a fact. Not shoplifting, not theft, not “lifting” a few cigars, but ROBBERY!
-Michael Brown, like Trayvon, was portrayed by the media as a “little black boy”, cute little headphones, and his cap and gown photo, gunned down by a ruthless police assassin, executed by “whitey”. First, I have never seen a cop drag a person into their car’s driver door to arrest them. So, let us be clear, Michael Brown was a n*****; a sorry assed, criminal, hoodlum, n*****. Nobody wants to say that, but I will. He had a criminal record a mile long, was known for numerous assaults, robberies, including the one you saw with your own eyes, and still refuse to call it a robbery. He was, like so many others, living a life that he thought he was “entitled” to, just for being alive. Gangsta rap, weed, drinking, guns, and those stupid-assed low profile rims, makes him some kind of bad-ass n*****.
-I have fought communist Chinese and North Korean soldiers in the 1950’s with more honor than that n*****. Yep, I peeled potatoes and shot communists. That’s the only job a n***** soldier could get.
Rodney King? Black Riots!
Trayvon? Black Riots!
-Hurricane Katrina? Black Riots! Stealing TV’s, designer clothes, etc.
-O.J. Simpson kills white man and white woman, found NOT GUILTY? Did white folks riot? Nope!
-In fact, when is the last time white people rioted? Civil War, maybe? That’s because they are, relatively, civilized people, much like many black Americans. Protesting is one thing, hell, I’m all for it. Even if you are an ignorant idiot, you have a right to protest.
-Stop only showing the young black "cap and gown" photos of Michael. Charles Manson may have a few of those laying around, as well. Show the n***** "gangsta" photos of the "poor unarmed teenager" (grown man) pics that have been removed from his Facebook page, holding the loaded pistol, smoking weed, with a mouthful of money.
-Militarization? The stupid-assed media that publicizes this has no idea what “militarization” really is. Cops wear helmets and vests, and drive armored vehicle because unemployed n*****s thrown bricks at them, moron! You put on an "Adam 12" uniform and walk down the streets of Ferguson during the criminal riots. I can guarantee that you'll jump into the first armored "military tank" that you see.
-You only "want the police" when you "need the police", otherwise, you mock and fear what you do not understand about the police. And by the way, the police are trained to take your ****, but I wouldn’t **** around with those Army National Guard, they aren’t as well disciplined “culturally” to take your **** like police do every day. They will ventilate your black asses with M-16s, with military precision and extreme prejudice.
-And finally, the way we protest and demand justice, is run down the streets breaking ****, looting stores, and acting like a bunch of untrained monkeys? Hell, after Rodney King, criminal n*****s were actually killing people, thinking they were entitled to be worse criminals than they already were. For those black criminals that do that, you are a disgrace to your race, inflamed by idiots like Al Sharpton, instead of listening to logic from proud black Americans, like Bill Cosby, Samuel Jackson, Colin Powell, Allen West, me, etc.
-You blame white people for your ignorance, criminal acts, unemployed laziness, etc.
-You blame white people for 89% of the prisons in America being full of blacks. They did nothing wrong, the racists white cops framed them all, right? No chance at school, no chance for college, military, employment?
BULL ****!
-More n*****s kill n*****s, than n*****s killing whites, whites killing n*****s, and whites killing whites….COMBINED. I find this astounding.
-It's not white peoples' faults, the Emancipation Proclamation was signed by a white man years ago. You can go to school, get a job, buy a house, and vote, JUST LIKE WHITE FOLKS!!!! You are not a slave, you are not discriminated against! Slavery is abolished, and nobody alive today, was alive when it was popular. Get over it! You are discriminated against because you are a criminal, sorry-assed n*****. Otherwise, black Americans are treated like everyone else.
-If you choose to create "baby daddy and baby mama", and fake disabilities as an excuse for laziness to draw social security disability…… instead of husband, wife, family, job, mortgage, it's YOUR FAULT, not white folks. And there are a lot of proud black Americans that will tell you the same, as I AM ONE OF THEM!!!
-Remember, the way you act on the camera, is remembered by everyone who sees it. They will never forget it. It shows them how you, as the black race, respond to situations that don’t particularly go the way you think they should. It will become a reference standard, something they expect from you when the next media report doesn’t go your way. Stop being stupid n*****s, and be a proud black American. My parents raised me well, but they were wrong about one thing, I am not a n*****.
I will not be around long. While my mind is still sharp, and my aim is still good, my body is eating away with cancer. It started in the prostate, and is spreading rapidly. After I die, I have asked my children to publish my writings, and include my name. Although I am not expecting any miracles, I can only hope that Americans will stop blaming color, start blaming criminals, and see people for what the y really are. We have too many countries that want us dead. We should not be fighting each other.
"William G. Lillas"

White shirt green sleeves is Mike Browns stepdad. These are the people supposedly calling for peace?
They should rope off Ferguson and let them starve to death. Turn off the power, cut the water, do not rebuild or restock the shelves in the stores damaged and then tell all of them to go Ef themselves.

Glad my store was not anywhere like that as we would still be washing the brains and blood off the sidewalk from all the looters I shot!

Mike Brown a strong armed robber who attacked a cop moments after and wound getting his deserved reward, shot DEAD. Good riddance you POS.

Well I have not posted here because Mike Brown is not the type of person I want to defend. But there are a couple things of note:

1. Brown was on his way to college I believe. Not a great person maybe but not a total idiot.
2. The story makes no sense unless you believe Brown to be a total animal. If he was on meth or something these guys would have leaked that along with the rest of the smear campaign. Something started this altercation and that has not come out - but that is critical as to the cops motive in the shooting.
3. 12 shots, 7 hits?
4. So a cop has a gun, why charge an armed cop? Brown turned and charged because he knew he could not out run the bullets - his only chance was to stop them from being fired.
5. The stories are conflicting, so that why we needed a trial. It is not the role of the Grand jury to decide who is telling the truth, only to decide if a trial is warranted.
6. Its getting too easy to gun down people of color in this country. Everyone deserves due process. Strap on the gun as an officer of the law and you are obligated to make every effort to give a suspect that opportunity, blasting away should be a last resort.

That being said, riots are stupid and unproductive. As a black man in America, I have never been hassled but not really treated unfairly by the police. Finally every officer should have the expectation of going home alive.

BTW: Both President Obama and Al Sharpton have been calling for peaceful protest, it's on video guys.

Makes you wonder why we don't hear more stories about law abiding citizens getting an entire clips emptied into them, by decorated officers, on there way to church.

Well I have not posted here because Mike Brown is not the type of person I want to defend. But there are a couple things of note:

1. Brown was on his way to college I believe. Not a great person maybe but not a total idiot.
2. The story makes no sense unless you believe Brown to be a total animal. If he was on meth or something these guys would have leaked that along with the rest of the smear campaign. Something started this altercation and that has not come out - but that is critical as to the cops motive in the shooting.
3. 12 shots, 7 hits?
4. So a cop has a gun, why charge an armed cop? Brown turned and charged because he knew he could not out run the bullets - his only chance was to stop them from being fired.
5. The stories are conflicting, so that why we needed a trial. It is not the role of the Grand jury to decide who is telling the truth, only to decide if a trial is warranted.
6. Its getting too easy to gun down people of color in this country. Everyone deserves due process. Strap on the gun as an officer of the law and you are obligated to make every effort to give a suspect that opportunity, blasting away should be a last resort.

That being said, riots are stupid and unproductive. As a black man in America, I have never been hassled but not really treated unfairly by the police. Finally every officer should have the expectation of going home alive.

BTW: Both President Obama and Al Sharpton have been calling for peaceful protest, it's on video guys.

Just curious, what do think about the note from William Lillas above?

The riots come as no surprise. This will sound racist but I have no other way to present this. When was the last time we saw white people rioting and burning down buildings and looting?

Having said that, now I will piss off the Republicans here. LOL. I could care less what results Pres Obama has or has not provided us in his term of office. But last night I needed to see that Black elected leader stand up and state that what they were doing was wrong and criminal and it is not acceptable. TY Mr. President. Because everyone in that town voted for you and YOU stepped up and led by example. That allows me to know that you Pres. Obama at least can see right from wrong and take that stand without regard for being labelled poorly or not. Gives me hope that we can close this racial divide maybe a few years sooner. Unless we forget about this next week. Which is most likely.

I'm going to say something shocking...I saw the President's speech, and I thought that AT LEAST PART of his speech was the right thing for him to say; it's just a shame he didn't say it BEFORE to that the people weren't primed and ready to riot.... The only part I did not like was when he went into the "but I understand why they are upset" part.....

Kind of hard to ask questions of a dead person. Yes all the evidence that was available?

Not sure what your point is, your statements are obvious taken literal, however Michael Brown spoke volumes through autopsy when all kinds of forensic evidence were gathered. I'm only privy to a very small amount of that. So in this case, like in most. A dead person does tell a story.
Not sure if all the eye witnesses were interviewed? No video camera in the vehicle?
Well they asked for anyone that saw anything to come forward. My understanding is that 61 witnesses testified to the Grand Jury. From memory they don't have cameras or tasers. Again I'm not tracking what you're after except to stir the pot and that's fine it's your thread. If there had been an in car camera it would have been pointed across the hood forward and would have captured no video from what I understand but may have picked up audio. It would be nice if you made a point instead of asking a question. I only say that because I think you're trying to say something without saying it.

I don't have enough info to make a judgement. So who am I to judge.

But you seem to be judging this officer and accept for those directly involved in the investigation, the prosecutor, officer Wilson, perhaps some of the witnesses and the Grand Jury no one has that info. I haven't followed this because it's just another incident. 14,610 reported homicides in 2011 the lowest number since 1963 and we're talking about 1. Why ?

According to the interview with the police officer there was a point when the kid walked away from him.
At that point the policeman got out of his vehicle and went towards him.
The general public is ignorant of law enforcement policy and procedure. It is their job to protect lives and property. You can't do that by watching a criminal walk or run off. In a case of this nature a very violent case, given that the subject made movements that would lead law enforcement to think that he was armed ( reaching into his waistband ) the safety of the officer as well as the public might have entered his mind. Well actually according to his comments it did. Two types of officers are often spoke of in this situations .... flight or fight. Another problem that would lead an officer to pursue is that evidence might be lost or destroyed.

I know I wasn't there, but it seems to me that (the kid walking away) might have been the time to back down and
wait for backup to arrive. Especially after he made comments about how big and strong the kid was.
It was a judgement call I'm sure and again without being there who am I to judge?

But again you do, just like George did. Obviously you and George aren't law enforcement officers. You just don't let a criminal that has just committed a violent crime walk away. Who says he wasn't waiting for back up ? He stated that after the first shots and after Brown had walked away that he called for back up and announced shots fired. He then followed Brown shouting commands for him to halt which 6 witnesses confirmed. I'm not sure he was planning on trying to physically stop him because I think he understood he was out manned. Then according to Wilson and a large number of witnesses from about 30 feet or so. Brown turned and charged Wilson. I'm thinking he said a dozen shots were fired with 6 striking him. At about 10 feet with Brown running the final shot was a head shot and the threat was ended. No more shots were fired with two rounds remaining in the weapon. No where in your comments do you ask why Brown did this or why didn't Brown do this. I find that interesting. In reality Mike Brown made a series of bad choices that ultimately lead to his death.

You are correct, who are you to judge? Who am I to judge? And, who are the rioters to Judge?

The Grand Jury, however, IS who to judge. And they did. Unanimously. However, there are some who could care less what the Grand Jury's assement was to start with.

Really, truly: I had an open mind about this. While my instinct has always said the officer was within his powers (REGARDLESS OF COLOR), if the Jury had said there was enough evidence to indict the officer, I would have been ok with that, let it go to trial and see how it plays out.

One thing that is typically law, is that when judging a law enforcement officer; you're not allowed to Monday Morning Quarterback things. You're required to put yourself in that officers shoes and consider everything that was going on at that time. This entire event from Wilson asking Brown to get out of the middle of the road to Brown falling lifeless to the ground probably lasted 30 seconds. No days of discussion and debate, no freeze frame go get information from the pros, no rewind, or redos and during that whole time fearing for your life. I won't even go into the science of what happens to the human body during these circumstances. It would blow your minds.

One of the problems is there are MANY good people mixed in with the bad ones.

Is there any way to get through to the bad ones that they need to stop the violence?
Just arresting them and filling up the jails is not the answer.
They need to stop BEFORE they burn another business or vehicle.
Who is going to pay for all the damage done? Do you think the people they have arrested have any money to pay?

Whats next a curfew. But the peaceful protesters have a right to do that - so can you convince them that it is for their safety?

There are no easy answers.

And the problem isn't only in Ferguson anymore. There are protests all over the country.

How about saying anyone arrested from this point on will get a one way ticket to an ISIS camp. ???

Just imagine being an LEO, having to do your job and protect property, based on the liability risks you face if you have to defend yourself !!!!

So I have a question for everyone who watches that video:

If you are the property owner, you are a civilian, you are armed and as per the video two criminals come to kick down your door to destroy what belongs to you, they threaten to assault you?

Do you just be a p%ssy and walk away, or do you stop them shooting them if it has to come to that?

In most if not all states you have the ability to protect your person and property. It's a 4th amendment right. However given the totality of the situation, you shot one or two looters, do you think you might have an angry mob of one hundred charging you ? or one from 50 feet shooting you. Do I have insurance ? Is it worth it ? Where's the law / national guard ? personal decision, you will face the consequences. possible criminal charges, very probable civil action. A lot of federal employees in your business and death warrants by numerous groups put on you and your family.

One of the problems is there are MANY good people mixed in with the bad ones.

Is there any way to get through to the bad ones that they need to stop the violence?
Just arresting them and filling up the jails is not the answer.
They need to stop BEFORE they burn another business or vehicle.
Who is going to pay for all the damage done? Do you think the people they have arrested have any money to pay?

Whats next a curfew. But the peaceful protesters have a right to do that - so can you convince them that it is for their safety?

There are no easy answers.

And the problem isn't only in Ferguson anymore. There are protests all over the country.

How about saying anyone arrested from this point on will get a one way ticket to an ISIS camp. ???

This I agree. There are a lot of decent, misguided and misled innocents out there. The problem is, that when it goes south, they will be caught in the crossfire and a bullet cannot tell the difference. They need go home and stay home.

I do like how the asian store owners out in LA armed themselves with shot guns and posted signs saying "looters will be shot". I'm really surprised I didn't see this knowing these animals were gonna loot if the verdict was for the cop.

I'm pretty sure they stood on top of the roof and had others down below. but them are shot guns and a FAR better form of defense against a home or business and in my 19 yrs in LE shot guns make up maybe 1% of the street robberies, store robberies, cops shot, drive-bye's, home invasions, burglaries etc.... the other 99% come from hand guns.

From memory they had choppers AK-47s. My memory often fails me though. I have been thinking about them too

I'd kinda like to know why the police are allowing these people to burn up (their own) neighborhood too. And why they let protestors block the interstate in Nashville last night also...

I get what you are trying to say...however, that's NOT what happened and it's NOT how it went down. You can armchair quarterback all day, but you wern't there and what DID happen was entirely within the law for the officer to have done. Period. Case closed.

The only answer I have for you is a guess. You have politicians who have been bringing their concerns to the Chief and concerns of criminal charges on top of civil action and then you have the President of the US and the AG threatening to bring the full weight of the US Government to bear. It tends to make you stand back and watch in a failed attempt to contain, and the numbers and understanding that you're dealing with extremely violent and armed people as well as all the unarmed scattered within that you better not accidentally injure much less kill. They failed after the release of the decision. they handled it the next night.

That is amusing to an independent. Do some research. One short speech after your poll numbers head to zero does not correct 6 years of dividing this country for political gain. Not only among racial lines, but rich vs. poor, women vs, men, you name it he has divided it. From memory this is the third time that this activist president has stepped into a local matter based solely on race. He and Eric Holder have been very clear about what they're about. Neither realize they are the President and AG of the United States, all of us. This country is more divided today than it ever has been in my lifetime. I have heard some very disappointing statements. Obviously someone caught his ear in the last 24 hrs. but that doesn't change who he is. You can go back, when he was elected he was an unknown. I told everyone here to give him a chance that he wasn't even in office yet, well in my opinion he has failed miserably. This country is a huge mess right now and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Just curious, what do think about the note from William Lillas above?

I'm sure he is sincere, and I respect all men and women who put their life on the line for our freedom. But he is a bit misguided. It's very difficult to rise above a system stacked against you, so I don't judge those who can't seem to make it over the hump. Did he really include Bill Cosby in his list of role models?

I don't want to be in a position of defending Brown. Wrong is wrong no matter what drove you to the confrontation. But that doesn't mean I can't question the obvious race issues in the way that city operates. Also, if you wear the badge it's your responsibility to keep your head in a difficult situation. A cop should never be a judge delivering a death sentence.

Back