Open borders long term effect

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Who is NOT concerned about our border situation?

I’m a US citizen, my daughter is not. She is a highly qualified IT professional with a masters degree. For me to bring her to live in the US following the legal procedures, will take 14 years.

Yet, it is OK to have 7.3 million illegal migrants in the country and we take care of them with taxpayers money. We give them pre paid credit cards, shelters, food and support. We have no long term plan. They attack our police, they loot, live in the streets, we don’t know who they are, where they come from and what some of them are planning to do with possible support from our adversaries.

In my next life, I want to be born with zero common sense, so I can be at peace with what people do.

I’m a US citizen, my daughter is not. She is a highly qualified IT professional with a masters degree. For me to bring her to live in the US following the legal procedures, will take 14 years.

Yet, it is OK to have 7.3 million illegal migrants in the country and we take care of them with taxpayers money. We give them pre paid credit cards, shelters, food and support. We have no long term plan. They attack our police, they loot, live in the streets, we don’t know who they are, where they come from and what some of them are planning to do with possible support from our adversaries.

In my next life, I want to be born with zero common sense, so I can be at peace with what people do.
Hi. I think thar there are over 20 to 30 million hete.

I am concerned with the border because its a huge threat to national security. We are not screening these people nor do we really know who we are letting in. I feel like Border Patrol is setup just like the VA short handed and under funded. Its there just to have our government check a box that they are there. We also have for years had the National guards and reservists from differing states doing rotations to help out border patrol. At the same time these same units were also being deployed to Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo, and Africa.

I feel like our current administration and congressional majority dance around issues that actually matter.z
The media fueled diversion of race, gender, sexual preference, and all the rest of that stuff is just fodder to distract us from whats really going on.

And where can they live for those fourteen years?
In their home country. Trust me I have researched this thoroughly. My daughter would love to come here and live here. I can get her in on a visit Visa, after 90 days she has to go home.

In their home country. Trust me I have researched this thoroughly. My daughter would love to come here and live here. I can get her in on a visit Visa, after 90 days she has to go home.
Your daughter is an adult so anybody that wants to move here would have the same problem? Sounds like a big part of the reason so many enter illegally.

It takes 14 years to get a family sponsored visa for a child over 21 years old. Then another two to become a citizen.
One of my former colleagues' wife is from SA.....her sister and husband died leaving their teenaged daughter.......it took 2 years for my colleague and his wife to get the daughter to Canada....she was in state care until she was able to get here.

One of my former colleagues' wife is from SA.....her sister and husband died leaving their teenaged daughter.......it took 2 years for my colleague and his wife to get the daughter to Canada....she was in state care until she was able to get here.
There are other ways, to get here legally faster.

L1-A Means working for an American company abroad and getting a transfer to the same organization at management level here in the US.

H1B - If a company cannot find special skills here in the US and they can prove that they have tried to recruit with no success, they can import those skills.

Marry a US citizen.

An adult child sponsoring their parents.

EB-5 - Invest $1,050,000 and start a business with employing a certain amount of people to qualify.

EB-1 - Special skills, through recognition of associations, plus professor or a researcher.

But for a parent to sponsor an adult child, the process takes 14 years.

In some regard, not much has changed in South Africa, so I am not too bothered about bringing her here. She owns and lives on an 8 acre lot, has servants who live on the property and take care of it, they clean the house and sometimes cook the meals. She has a full time nanny taking care of her 2 year old daughter. I don't want the responsibility of bringing her here, for her to find out that the average American has to do all this stuff by themselves.

My son lives in CA is a citizen, was an international student here, graduated and got it through employment.

Getting back to 7 million illegals, the problem is we are getting a lot of people here from countries where democracy is not understood. They get what they need through, fear, violence, breaking the law and those values will take a few generations to change.

There are other ways, to get here legally faster.

L1-A Means working for an American company abroad and getting a transfer to the same organization at management level here in the US.

H1B - If a company cannot find special skills here in the US and they can prove that they have tried to recruit with no success, they can import those skills.

Marry a US citizen.

An adult child sponsoring their parents.

EB-5 - Invest $1,050,000 and start a business with employing a certain amount of people to qualify.

EB-1 - Special skills, through recognition of associations, plus professor or a researcher.

But for a parent to sponsor an adult child, the process takes 14 years.

In some regard, not much has changed in South Africa, so I am not too bothered about bringing her here. She owns and lives on an 8 acre lot, has servants who live on the property and take care of it, they clean the house and sometimes cook the meals. She has a full time nanny taking care of her 2 year old daughter. I don't want the responsibility of bringing her here, for her to find out that the average American has to do all this stuff by themselves.

My son lives in CA is a citizen, was an international student here, graduated and got it through employment.

Getting back to 7 million illegals, the problem is we are getting a lot of people here from countries where democracy is not understood. They get what they need through, fear, violence, breaking the law and those values will take a few generations to change.
This was a 12 yr old girl who lost her parents and her only relative was here in Canada and it was in the wills of her parents that she be placed into her aunt's care and it still took 2 yrs....

Crazy.....is the only word I can use to describe this particular case.

This was a 12 yr old girl who lost her parents and her only relative was here in Canada and it was in the wills of her parents that she be placed into her aunt's care and it still took 2 yrs....

Crazy.....is the only word I can use to describe this particular case.
Legally, it is a lot easier to get into Canada than the US. You folks have a skills shortage and there are programs based on a points system to allow family immigration through employment. Before retirement, one of my factories was in Toronto and they participated in the program, brought people in from India.

Legally, it is a lot easier to get into Canada than the US. You folks have a skills shortage and there are programs based on a points system to allow family immigration through employment. Before retirement, one of my factories was in Toronto and they participated in the program, brought people in from India.

I get the adult skilled workers.....I get it....

But this was a 12 yr old girl that it took 2 yrs to get here......her aunt took time off work and flew to SA to spend as much time with her as possible before they got her here...

However I digress.....having a long uncontrolled border with a questionable state such as Mexico is not desirable in any sense of the word.

1709296039795.jpeg

eric cartman excitement GIF by South Park

Back