OMG---WHAT HAVE I DONE????

I like the break distribution, 60-40%, great ABS as INSANE mentioned, also looks pretty sweet. but it's a BMW... nuff said!

I rode both the S and the R models. Great looking bikes, and comfortable. Other than that, well... Both seemed greatly down on power compared to even my Gen1 Busa. In fact we ran my Busa against the S model up to about 90 mph from a slow roll. It wasn't even close, with the Busa pulling many bike lengths immediately and continuously. The salesman, who's a buddy of mine, said "I can't believe how fast that Hayabusa is!" This was after I had ridden the S and asked him "nice bike but, you aren't telling people they can outrun Hayabusas on these are you??" He smirked at me like I was an idiot and the run was on.

Both R and S models seemed to handle a bit twitchy in even moderate corners. And the servo assisted brakes, OMG. Initially you get seemingly no reaction, making you wonder why the brakes aren't working and then they clamp down hard, upsetting the bike. Not cool. Off idle fueling was delayed and twitchy as well on both the R and S. I'd prefer a Boxer cup variant without the servo brakes and such. They aren't that fast but they're so torquey that they're loads of fun. My best friend and riding partner has a Boxer Cup Replica. Very cool motorcycle.

My guess is that you're interested only because it's different. I dig all kinds of bikes, and if I had the space and the cash, I'd have a garage full of 'em.
cool.gif

When I demo rode one, the power delivery was horrible.  Very spurty and not linear.  But maybe that was just that one demo bike...
Demo rode one to..not a bad bike but very unimpressive (but I ride a Busa daily) and about a decade behind the power curve...can't keep up with a '99-'07 busa much less an '08.

Throw in the dollar amount/per value and I'll pass all day long...but to each his own. Buy what YOU like.

It's a nice bike but...certainly not really "OMG" worthy
rock.gif

I've owned 4 BMW's and they were all great bikes. But, I've never ridden one that I like more than the Busa. But... I guess it just depends on what a person likes.

Back