OMG---WHAT HAVE I DONE????

rc51ny

Donating Member
Registered
So here's the short story---Went to the local Beemer dealer just to see what was new. I pulled in on my new orange/black K8 and walk in the door. The owner is a real friendly guy--always interested in talking bikes--doesn't matter what brand. so he says he's not ridden the new Gen II 'busa and he think's it looks good. So---I tell him he can ride my 'busa if I can ride a new K1200S. He tells the sales guy he'll be back in a bit and we mount up and take the bikes for a spin--he on my 'busa and I on a BMW. Well, an hour later we're back. He's really impressed with the 'busa and I think I've fallen in love with the BMW. OH NO---I'm actually thinking about trading. PLEASE---TALK ME OUT OF THIS!!!!!!!

Here's a pic

titan_silver_met_cblue__Small_.gif

Snap out of it! *Slap* *Slap* Those are overpriced and shy of the Busa's performance. Now go apologize to your K8 for even thinking about leaving her and cheating on her.
confessman.jpg

I rode the same bike, it screams, and rides beautiful, completely comfy and nicely appointed... ... BUT>....the price tag made me choke......

Ya get what ya pay for! The fit and finish was awesome was it not!
beerchug.gif

Why trade a farrari for a bmw? Don't be foolish. You'll kick yourself for life when you have to trade back.
corner2.png

I love em. You can ride them forever and turn like crazy. And yes.....they are quick as hell.

They are fantastic bikes. You really have to give the guys at the Beem credit for this one. It's might be slightly shy of the 'busa at the top end, but it's still a great bike. They corner like a much lighter bike. They're definitely a contender.

Alert....all members assemble for a covert acquisition......we have a "turned" member within the O-R-G.....
coolold.gif
So who needs a K8
rock.gif
?.......will send all details of operation along usual lines....come prepared....

When I demo rode one, the power delivery was horrible. Very spurty and not linear. But maybe that was just that one demo bike...

Close your eyes, click your heels, theres nothing like a BUSA, theres nothing like a BUSA. Aunty ORG, Aunty ORG, theres no place like home, The ORG.
beerchug.gif

OK--so in the end--I'm not doing anything-- I LOVE my 'busa too much. Beside---I'm a totally chicken shid. this is what my wife will do to me if I trade--
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
. (Although---I might go back to the dealer and take it for another ride!!!)

guns.gif

guns.gif

When I demo rode one, the power delivery was horrible.  Very spurty and not linear.  But maybe that was just that one demo bike...
The very first models had fuel management issues.

I had some interest in the 1200S when they were introduced.

BMW bummer #1. I went to a BMW dealer on the day the factory had advertised/authorized a road test. The dealer did not have one ready.

Bummer #2. All the bikes in the show room had strings tied to the handle bars & back to the tailigbt so I couldn't sit on one.

Bummer #3. I was quoted 24K & change out the door for a 1200S.

I politely told the guy that IF it was twice as fast as my Busa in the 1/4 & on top end it might be worth 24K but if I wanted to spend 24K on a bike I would be at the MV Agusta dealer.

This dealer was in Ft Myers FL.

BMW is a nice bike but, you would be asking yourself why did I trade the Busa in for years. Plus why do you think the dealer liked to ride the Busa.
wowold.gif

BMW is a nice bike but, you would be asking yourself why did I trade the Busa in for years. Plus why do you think the dealer liked to ride the Busa.
wowold.gif

From one "Hot Rod" to another,
YEAH, that BMW sales dude is probably at the Suzuki dealer trying to buy a new 08, and all pissef off because they won't let him have one till the recall issue is settled.
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

Back