Busa vs. BMW 1000r?

Woooo hoooo :banana: 1441 kit sounds good about now :40__s: though I can barely hold on to my 09 with just a few mods on it now! :shocked: haven't had any issues though because I actually lean my bike over in corners, and the guys that buy bike based on the stats in magazines around here, normally have chicken breast on their tires from squaring off corners!:snap: so the get owned period!:owned: not claiming to be able to beat Rossi and Stoner but it really does come down to the rider.

Any monkey can twist a throttle in a straight line when your already moving, (takes skill to launch a bike at the drag strip, and not launch it dwn the strip without you! :bowdown:) like the chump that tried me a few nights ago.

I gave him the full inside lane on a long sweeper from 85-90MPH to 140MPH flat walked away from him, then he wants to try again on a straight? Junior your riding a GSXR1000! Corners are your domain! :leseratte:

If you didn't notice the fact that I had to wait for you, you should have noticed that you got :fire:
And that a straight is a waste of gas as you get :spank: again.

So if he can't ride a guy on 600 that can actually corner, rather than just talking about it will run the table as well.

Rather be lucky than good any day, but to be good and lucky :please:That's something to del with!

That's the thing I hate people read these stats and think they can ride a bike just as well as these guys testing them. If you are getting paid to test a bike, you are going to have years of experience and be Damm good at what you do. Not some guy that has only ridden his little brothers 80cc dirt bike :D

That's the thing I hate people read these stats and think they can ride a bike just as well as these guys testing them. If you are getting paid to test a bike, you are going to have years of experience and be Damm good at what you do. Not some guy that has only ridden his little brothers 80cc dirt bike :D

That's what I'm talking about, the numbers are impressive but unless the guy riding it is
1. Skilled enough to get that last tenth out of it.
2. Not scared of it, so that he can actually ride to his best ability.
3. Good conditions, never forget that they actually test on the best day and do several runs posting the best outcome.
4. The same weight and build your not going to get the same results.
Danni Pedrosa could ride either horses or bikes he's so small! Hell I could put him in my back pocket and not know he was there until I sat on him! So yes he is going to spank me:down: that plus the fact that he has the best job on the planet! He rides MotoGP! :cheerleader:

Case in point a new friend of mine has a R1 had it for 4 months now, I've had my Busa for 2 months now and have put new tires in it Q2s but before that had the Battle axe down to no Chicken strips and now have the Q2s down to pencil strips (No track time yet :please:) now this joker is claiming that he can ride his But off but a quickly look at his tires and he's got the whole friggin chicken on the back still in he bag! :banghead:
:rofl:

I don't know if the dyno lies but torque curves are important too, and from memory the Busa (Gen II) didn't do to bad. Just tell him lets take a thousand mile trip this weekend :whistle:

+1 Where you make your hp and torque plays a big role in who crosses the 1320 first. I'm no hater, I love the s1000rr, but 2 equally expieranced riders in a 1/4 mile drag race........i'll take the busa.

s100rr is all go, no show... the damn thing looks like sloth from the goonies... bmw can make impressive machines, but they are ugly as sin, between all thier bikes and all thier cars the only thing i like is the early model 8series... the busa goes like hell and looks good doing it, ducati panigale is the sexiest bike on the planet, and fhas a better power to weight ratio than the s1000 (panigale dry is 361lbs, s1000 is 421) and the factory claims put the panigale at 2 more hp, topics like this tend to get me hot under the collar, busa, zx 14, zx10, gixxer, r1, panigale, 1198, s1000 cbr1000 are all extremely impressive machines that most owners will never be able to ride to the full potential, its personal preference, and to say any one of them is a pos just proves that the person doesnt have a clue what they are saying, bmw riders just like to poke the busa riders because after 13 years, somebody finally made something faster

bmw_s_1000_rr_06-1.jpg

goonies_sloth-1.jpg

I've ridden both ... the BMW has the edge ... I want to get one but as a stablemate to my busa.

There are some guys saying it's the rider, not the bike ... that's not completely correct, it's both.

I'm fast on my busa ... I'd be faster on the RR

Hold on hold on hold on your telling me a BMW is faster than a stock Busa....hahahahaha :laugh: stock Busa thats a good one I got something stock for those BMW's :moon::rofl::laugh::rofl:

Back