BMW 1200

MrGxr

Donating Member
Registered
Went to the New Mexico Int'l Auto Show yesterday and they had one of those BMW 1200's on the floor. I was takin a couple of pics when the saleman comes up and starts talking about how this bike is the fastest on the market. I look at him tell him I ride the Busa and really don't think the BMW is the fastesy. We dicuss the two bikes and I don't think he is convinced, so I offer him the chance to prove it. I invite him out to the roads, I just happened to have "My Baby" with me. He doesn't bite, but he does invite me to come out the dealership and test ride the BMW. I will be taking him up on this in the next few weeks.
In the meantime, has anyone been on this bike? I sat on it at the show and it seems real light, but balanced. They say it is pushing 167hp and that it will take the Busa. Has anyone heard anything on this? Also, since I am going into the BMW dealership to ride this thing I would like to take some type of ammo with me. Are there any comparisions between the Busa and the BMW? Here's a pic of the BMW...

<!--EDIT|MrGxr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114267410 -->

KS1200.jpg

This I thought was pretty cool, you can see thru the center of the rear tire...

Look_thru_wheel.jpg

I found the above article a much more objective comparison than the MCN lovefest with the BMW.  I guess this one is on the opposite side of the spectrum, but seemed a little fairer nonetheless based on the firsthand impressions of others that I've been reading.  

So how does the author compare the two?

"For a BMW it's still very quick, and up against most cars the K1200S will come out on top, but its rival superbikes will shrug it aside like an autumn leaf. The Suzuki Hayabusa's immense, exhilarating waves of torque and power are from another world, while the ageing Honda Blackbird has a power delivery that's Chinese silk to the K1200's 150-grit sandpaper."

'nuff said.

<!--EDIT|warbrown
Reason for Edit: "typos"|1114290313 -->

"For a BMW it's still very quick, and up against most cars the K1200S will come out on top, but its rival superbikes will shrug it aside like an autumn leaf. The Suzuki Hayabusa's immense, exhilarating waves of torque and power are from another world, while the ageing Honda Blackbird has a power delivery that's Chinese silk to the K1200's 150-grit sandpaper."

smile.gif

Went to the New Mexico Int'l Auto Show yesterday and they had one of those BMW 1200's on the floor. I was takin a couple of pics when the saleman comes up and starts talking about how this bike is the fastest on the market. I look at him tell him I ride the Busa and really don't think the BMW is the fastesy. We dicuss the two bikes and I don't think he is convinced, so I offer him the chance to prove it. I invite him out to the roads, I just happened to have "My Baby" with me. He doesn't bite, but he does invite me to come out the dealership and test ride the BMW. I will be taking him up on this in the next few weeks.
In the meantime, has anyone been on this bike? I sat on it at the show and it seems real light, but balanced. They say it is pushing 167hp and that it will take the Busa. Has anyone heard anything on this? Also, since I am going into the BMW dealership to ride this thing I would like to take some type of ammo with me. Are there any comparisions between the Busa and the BMW? Here's a pic of the BMW...
Thats a very sweet looking bike.... no doubt about that
biggrin.gif

I have read quite a few reviews that have compared the Beemer to the Busa... most of the reviews basically say this -

a) The beemer has a better suspension than the busa, and is adjustable electronically
b) Beemer has better breaks with ABS as standard
c) As far as the performance is concerned, It is not even close to the Busa! Being faster than the Busa is a tall claim...

Both are excelent bikes, but BMW it´s very expensive comparing with the busa, at least in Portugal.
In my opinion the Busa goes to continue to rule.

I did a demo last weekend and the K1200S does have better brakes and a nice suspension. As far as ALL the power comparisons the Busa wins....the BMW owners are going to love this bike. I think that the new 600's will beat the K1200S in the 1/4 mile.

damn im liking that bike more and more.  ya cant argue with the new technologies introduced, ill be testing one soon.  not a chance in hell id ever own one with that price tag.  same with ducs, just to damned pricy.  ill test(beat the crap outta) em thou!! theirs a clutch??...opps
smile.gif
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|bajabug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114391185 -->

smile.gif

why is it every dealer thinks their stuff is the shiznat?
Because they want to sell bikes?

I mean hell, I remember going to an auto show in the late 80s when the Yugo just came out here, and the dealers talkinga bout how wonderful it was and how it would revolutionize the industry. I doubt they believed it, but I know they wanted to sell them and justify their paychecks. ;)

Back