VISITOR & The BMW 1000RR

She's a beaut. Would love to get out and ride it on a track.

But's she's still too high to go out and thrash around unless I hit the lottery; and i'll be the service is astronomical.

I think it is very very interesting that the BMW will not be racing this year. I can't think of one top 10 moto gp guy who will jump to this new platform...can you? So, even if they were campaigning it..who do you think they could get to place on the podium? The rumors are flying about Moto GP going back to liter bikes in 2012...I know "The Doctor" could win on a skateboard if that was the platform...but I can't help but think that going back to liter bikes will only help his campaign...:cheerleader:

The Aprilla is a better bike...uberbike...uber price...almost 2x the BMW..yikes...2hip

BMW races in the WSB not in Moto GP. Last year was their first season.

There are more than a few riders without a gig this year due to several manufacturers pulling the plug on racing. No doubt there are many that would jump at the offer to campaign the BMW, perhaps not last years top five but I bet 6 thru 15 of last years top 15 would ride it.

Moto GP IS going back to the 999 formula, it's not a rumor.

I don't think there is much basis to claim either the RSV4 or the S1000 is the better bike at this point. Biaggi took the Aprillia to 3rd place well ahead of Corser on the S1000 last year. However Biaggi is a much more talented rider than Corser and Aprillia has been racing decades as opposed to BMW's rookie status. I don't think Corser could beat Biaggi if they were both riding identical bikes.

It takes much more than a machine to win. The team plays a huge roll as well as the rider. Really have to have all three melded together to Podium consistently.

Then there's the fact that the BMW is putting HP in excess of what they advertised and the RSV4 is 20 ponies shy of their claim. They have already recalled all the RSV4 engines some six weeks after hitting the showrooms in the US. Bad con rods, suspected but they haven't officially stated why. Could it be they don't want one to be dyno'd at 160? :rofl: After claiming much higher numbers. How much better is that? Spend 18 to 25K for a bike only to be told don't ride it a few weeks later, it needs a new motor.

I love both the RSV4 and the S1000RR, motociclismo recently tested both head to head on the track, in the twisties the Ape seems to be better but in the straights saying the S1000rr is faster is an understatment

- Prova comparativa BMW S1000RR contro Aprilia RSV4 a Valencia.wmv[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I sat on the S1000RR at a bike show last weekend and loved it.

Base price is $13,800. $16,225 with everything but the security system. Ergos are what you would expect. Looks are subjective but I thought it looked great.

I got to put my hands on a black one (like the red/white/blue best) at the dealer down the street yesterday. Loaded w/ABS. He doesn't have his keys yet either. Was very interested in taking my deposit on one of the two he has in the pipeline. Sexy.

He's also a Ducati dealer (yes, in 5 minutes I can be in motorcycle heaven every day..). Has a 08 1098S (with a "special price" tag on it - but no amount) and a 09 1198. Here's his problem as I see it. Sell the the $30K Ducati, or the $16K BMW that will run circles around the Duc? This bike may IMHO is going to really eat into Ducati's sales if it's the bike it's hyped up to be.

Back