OK, Tampa Florida is Safely behind us.

So far WA is great - I'm really digging it around here.  Everyone is friendly and nice, the air is clean and doesn't smell like day old fish (also known as the bay at low tide), and the water is wonderful straight out of the tap!  No more bottled water required!  The mountains are amazingly picturesque, and the plant life is wonderful.  The grocery store had a very large organic and natural foods section, and there's a lot of attention to healthy living.  I plan on us both dropping a few ( Ok... more than a few) pounds in pretty short order, and trying to get a little healthier.  If we can find the right property, we'll have built in hiking!
biggrin.gif
Rev could drop a few pounds by shavin that mug... looks like Chewbacha having a bad facial hair day
tounge.gif

Glad you both made it safely! Flown through that area a few times, but never stopped to visit. Good luck finding the house and getting settled. The pics look great!

Mrs Revlis.. check out the store called Trader Joe's.. I coulda spent a months worth of paychecks there.. and not even blinked.

Good stuff!

Really cool that things are falling in place for you so far. I sold my last two houses in under two days, by buying desirable homes in desirable areas.

Don't settle for something close to the road, it'll bite you when you try to sell.

Still jealous though.
laugh.gif

Thats great that it is working out so far, hey maybe you could get a job with the tourism board, your pics and enthuiasm make me want to live there.
biggrin.gif

Rev.again welcome to washington. Seeing that pic of the highway thru Sultan brought back memories. My brother-in-law lived in Startup. Raised 3 kids there. Startup is just down the road from Sultan. Anyway He worked in downtown seattle,he always said the drive wasn't that bad. Thanks for the pic I haven't been back over there since he died almost 3 years ago. Good luck with the house hunting.

Congrats bro, glad things are going well. Gotta say I'm jealous. Love the Seattle area.

Great pics. Glad you made it out ok. Sound like you are very psyched about the move. Congrats and best wishes to you and the Mrs.

Thanks folks, I'm diggin it so far...

You all are right about that first house. It is right off the road on 3.8 Acres but all but the homesite are prolly at 45degrees or so.
smile.gif
So yeah, we won't be moving on that one.

Went toodling around again today, got a few more possibilities.... I'll post a few more pictures here in a minute.

Yeah, Tampa Folks... You seeing this??? This is about 20 minutes from where I am staying...
thumbs-up.gif

IMG_0441sml.jpg

One more... The photos really do not do the roads justice. I mean this stretch was steep enough that even in First, gravity was pulling the car up to redline. I mean STEEP!!!

IMG_0442sml.jpg

OK this is Lake washington, about 20 minutes again from where I am staying. Notice All them Clouds... I know there will be clouds eventually but for now, I'll take it.

IMG_0443sml.jpg

Looking West towards Seattle. Beautiful day today.

Looked at alot of beautiful homes, most of which were in the $500k range. Not really the way to go when trying to scale things down a bit...
smile.gif
Nice places though!!!

IMG_0446sml.jpg

Nice Rev...no shots of Mt Baker though.......Its the only one I can see from my place, and is about an hour and change away from you.....look east
beerchug.gif

Nice house too...real nice!!
Oh hey, I bet that this is Mt. Baker. I shot this allmost straight North East... So I bet it is.
thumbs-up.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to hear you made it and some great pics. Sounds like exciting times so enjoy them for what they are, and while they last. Not to say they will end but just not to miss what you are in the middle of right now. Good luck on the house hunting and we shall ride, and ride hard this summer!
smile.gif

Rev, that looks awesome up there. Better stock up on brake pads for the Busa. You're gonna be going thru a bunch of them in the mountains...

Nice Rev...no shots of Mt Baker though.......Its the only one I can see from my place, and is about an hour and change away from you.....look east
beerchug.gif

Nice house too...real nice!!
Oh hey, I bet that this is Mt. Baker. I shot this allmost straight North East... So I bet it is.
thumbs-up.gif
Thatd be the one Rev.....looks like it's about the same distance from you as it is from me..
Now look directly North of you.....see me waving...LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Back