Now, THIS is what I call a Commander in Chief!

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
I'm proud to have called GWB my President; can't say the same for the current holder...no, he wasn't perfect, but he starts out with his heart and character in the right place. I think that history will look on him as twice the President the current one is.

Amen brother. Great guy all around and top notch in my book. Hopefully we will see better days again. God Speed Org members and especially our wonded worriors.

I'm proud to have called GWB my President; can't say the same for the current holder...no, he wasn't perfect, but he starts out with his heart and character in the right place. I think that history will look on him as twice the President the current one is.

So he honors the people that got killed and injured because of his lies? This reminds me of the episode of Law and Order where the rapist married one of his victims and adopts the son of another one.

Only in America (and the Org) can greatness or lack of it be measured by political affiliations instead of actions.

And what actions would President Obama's greatness be measured by?

The point I was making is that GWB sent men (and women) into harms' way, and BY FAR those people respect him for it. That's called COMMAND PRESENCE, and I see exactly zero of it in our current President.

Skydivr we are in Iraq and 1000s on both sides have been killed as a result of lies. Where are the WMDs? Invade, topple, capture and hang him for what again? I supported Bush and the Afg invasion and don't think our current leader is doing that good of a job but would you rather have Obama demonstrate command presence and create a phony war at the cost of a billion a day?

Sorry.....the video is great and GWB does seem to appreciate what our troops are doing more so than the current admin.

I never said either one was great or deserve being recognized as having done or doing a great job as Prez. I merely stated that Americans these days are comparing these two men and forming opinions based on political party affiliations.

Maybe it was just me but when I in, I was just proud to serve, because I served my country and it didn't matter who was president.:usa:

I never said either one was great or deserve being recognized as having done or doing a great job as Prez. I merely stated that Americans these days are comparing these two men and forming opinions based on political party affiliations.

Maybe it was just me but when I in, I was just proud to serve, because I served my country and it didn't matter who was president.:usa:

There is some truth to your statement. I didn't take an oath to the President as much as I did to the Constution. But I am still glad of who's signature is on my retirement certificate....

There is some truth to your statement. I didn't take an oath to the President as much as I did to the Constution. But I am still glad of who's signature is on my retirement certificate....

I wonder how much longer its gonna take before we finnaly start getting signatures for this corrupt goverments retirement certificate

Bush is a draft dodger, who ran away from serving his country in Vietnam....

As a serving member myself, I find his actions reprehensible.

Bs! You have a lot to learn.

Viper on iphone!

PHP:

Uhh...how is a fighter pilot in the TXANG a draft dodger?

You have him confused with the Rhode scholar Clinton who went to Russia and burned American flags in protest with his then galpal Hillary. Then to become President is reprehensible!

Among the prominent political figures whose opponents have accused them of improperly avoiding the Vietnam-era draft were George W. Bush, **** Cheney, and Bill Clinton.

During the 1968–1974 period, Presidents Johnson and Nixon decided against calling up National Guard units for service in Vietnam. As a result, National Guard service was widely portrayed as a way to avoid combat. The waiting list for the Guard at that time was extremely long, and there have been charges that young men from influential families were improperly moved to the top of the list.

A retired politician admitted that he had intervened 31 years ago to help Mr Bush avoid going to Vietnam.
In a written statement under oath, Ben Barnes, a former speaker of the Texas state legislature, said that in 1968 he asked the head of the Texan Air National Guard, General James Rose, to give the young Mr Bush a place on a pilot-training program, automatically excusing him from the draft.

Records published in the US press show that Mr Bush won a pilot's slot in the National Guard in front of thousands of others, despite scoring only 25% in his aptitude test: the lowest acceptable grade. He was sworn in on the day he applied.

Quack Quack.

You have him confused with the Rhode scholar Clinton who went to Russia and burned American flags in protest with his then galpal Hillary. Then to become President is reprehensible!

Bill Clinton: I tried to burn an American flag once. I didn't like it. It gave off toxic fumes, so I didn't inhale.

So he honors the people that got killed and injured because of his lies? This reminds me of the episode of Law and Order where the rapist married one of his victims and adopts the son of another one.

Only in America (and the Org) can greatness or lack of it be measured by political affiliations instead of actions.

I agree .. Well said. He took this country into an unjustified war that costs us a cabillion dollars and it is still draining this country of it's resources. Let's not compare him to the current president cuz his term is not over yet!! Bush took care of all his crony friends. The man can't even articulate a complete sentence nerver mind a rational thought
E

Back