mystery oil leak

one thing that the navy has taught me is " don't let knowledge stand in the way of (insert about anything here)". i figured that i've rebuilt a lot of things that seemed more compicated before, and they turned out right. c'mon, uncle sam lets me work on nuclear weapons!

So on the list of Thermonuclear Weapons, the Hayabusa is already on your certifications list !!!! AWESOME !!!! :super: Go get'em !!!!

Same problem here guys, the oil is phissing out
here is a picture of engine running :cussing:

Picture3.jpg

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/main...ew-here-first-post-questions.html#post1935830

Professor:
"You can split the cases with out removing the block.
I can't think of any special tools I used."

May be I read it wrong.

block is normally cylinder block which I guess it depends on what you consider "removing" them is. However....I am still thinking there is a 6 or 8 mm bolt you must get to that is under the block near the oil pump which would mean the block does need to come off. Haven't done it in quite some time....but big difference between that and still in the frame.

block is normally cylinder block which I guess it depends on what you consider "removing" them is. However....I am still thinking there is a 6 or 8 mm bolt you must get to that is under the block near the oil pump which would mean the block does need to come off. Haven't done it in quite some time....but big difference between that and still in the frame.

That's why I asked him to chime in.
May be it can't be done, but it is his comment.
I have never done it so I don't know.

That's why I asked him to chime in.
May be it can't be done, but it is his comment.
I have never done it so I don't know.

IF they can be seperated...IF...look at the picture with the inverted motor...unless you have the entire bike upside down...all of the trans and crank would want to dump out. The trans is held in place by the cases literally.

IF they can be seperated...IF...look at the picture with the inverted motor...unless you have the entire bike upside down...all of the trans and crank would want to dump out. The trans is held in place by the cases literally.

Like I said I have not ever done it myself, so I was just passsing on his comment.
If what you say is true, then it can't be done. :bowdown:

Well in theory....if you flipped your entire bike over (after draining all fluids) and you could just SLIGHTLY split your cases far enough to seat the seal....yes in theory you could put the seal in with the motor in the bike IF the things listed occured.

I PM'd Professor and he did mean that the engine had to come off, but that you can leave the valve cover, head, and block all on the top case and just split the bottom off of it.
Sorry for any confusion.

Same problem here guys, the oil is phissing out
here is a picture of engine running :cussing:

Derek, that tracer looks like it's coming from the water pump seal, nothing more. Empty your coolant, pull water pump, replace seal, reinstall pump (1kg on bolts), and refill / burp system....... :super:

Back