My Busa Overhaul

It's a forged kick stand and hence the weight mate. BTW this is one pioneering article and one hell of a job you have done. Kudos to you bro!:bowdown:

Also, looking for a lowered kickstand. I picked mine up yesterday and didn't realize how heavy it was. I picked up a (WAY) larger chunk of aluminum and realized how much LESS it weighed. Why does the kickstand have to way 47 lbs????:beerchug:

Hello,, Hello,, is there still a build going on here??

I think he might be getting scared of the bike,, LOL

I swapped Messages with him a couple of days ago, He i separated the air force medically, and moved a few times as well also. Has a new job too, as for the Busa, he dropped the motor to Tombo racing off to be finished, and now is fighting to get it back, or finished. He is getting different stories from them, and is thinking of getting a lawyer involved.

Hope he's still with us

Medically discharged... hope he's good to go

I swapped Messages with him a couple of days ago, He i separated the air force medically, and moved a few times as well also. Has a new job too, as for the Busa, he dropped the motor to Tombo racing off to be finished, and now is fighting to get it back, or finished. He is getting different stories from them, and is thinking of getting a lawyer involved.

Heard a lot of good things about you GIXERHP, I was following this thread because I just bought a 2006 about a month ago and the seller didn't tell me about the transmission 2nd gear issue. I asked him about it and he told me that he didn't notice anything other than while in second it gets squirrely....ah no:banghead: That's called slipping:banghead: I was following the thread then got lost along the way. I guess because MLSDUKE1 was doing the 1441 kit. I'm wanting to take the engine out and have the gears sent in for undercutting or the see what other damage has been done inside. I feel I will screw something up if I start taking stuff apart

Medically discharged... hope he's good to go

Heard a lot of good things about you GIXERHP, I was following this thread because I just bought a 2006 about a month ago and the seller didn't tell me about the transmission 2nd gear issue. I asked him about it and he told me that he didn't notice anything other than while in second it gets squirrely....ah no:banghead: That's called slipping:banghead: I was following the thread then got lost along the way. I guess because MLSDUKE1 was doing the 1441 kit. I'm wanting to take the engine out and have the gears sent in for undercutting or the see what other damage has been done inside. I feel I will screw something up if I start taking stuff apart

I have 3 Busa's at my house now for Tranny jobs, pulling 2 of the motors today

I have 3 Busa's at my house now for Tranny jobs, pulling 2 of the motors today

Although we are on the east coast together, I wish I was closer so I could learn. I've been on USAF aircraft for 18 years as a crew chief/ crash recovery so I'm somewhat mechanically inclined. Just don't know if I can put it back together :lol:

Gixxer was right. In the last year I have been through more ups and downs than I can even care to count. Between leaving the AF (I'm fine, just a little f'ed up for the rest of my life) and getting this job, I have lived for almost 8 months without my family in McLeod TX where I couldn't afford ANYTHING, literally.

I have went from losing my quad to repo to having my family back and being able to afford food.

I'm sorry I haven't been on, seriously.

I missed this site and ya'll more than you know.

As for Tombo Racing, as soon as my finger heals up (dog fight) I'll write a review. Mainly because I dropped the motor off on Feb 1, 2014 and finally got it back today. LONG STORY but it's hard to type right now.

I love you guys and my next post will be a new thread in about a week going over this past year to include moving, separations, jobs, life in general, etc.

I'm alive. RYC, I'll make it up to you brother. I promise

I'm about ready to completely give up on this build. Its always something. I have the motor in, but I there's several plugs that I don't know where they go AND THEN SHE FELL!!! Scraped up the left grip and bent the tip of the clutch lever. OMG! I CAN NOT WIN!! I just want to had all of the pieces off and say Build It Please!

I feel like if I hadn't had my motor GONE for a YEAR this would have been a lot less difficult because I could remember where everything went. I still don't have my swingarm back from Tombo Racing. I'm just f'ing frustrated!!!!

I'm so ready to just give the f up.

I will in a bit. But dude, I'm just done. I've tried so damn hard. I feel like I'm not making any headway. I just want it done. I'm going to go take a shower and then I'll get new pix.

If there is anyone on here that KNOW'S they can put her together (John) that won't screw me or charge me my first born to do so, please let me know. I'll go on uship and send her to you. I'm just sad and done I think.

All I want right now is her up and running. She can be ugly as hell, I don't care.

Most of the work is already done...getting it back together might take a few days...just take a break and ask questions here as there are people willing to help and probably know the bike well enough to respond by memory. get the headlight nose on and ride it naked for awhile so you can see the engine and inspect it + ride it faster than putting the panels on

I can't even ride it naked. I have no swingarm because its yet another part at Tombo Racing that I'll probably not see for another year and a half. The nose is on, guages are on but not completely installed. I broke my fuel line trying to get a stupid f'ing sensor installed which was my own stupid mistake. Anyone in Mississippi that wants to come Help me put it together?

Back