MotoGP 2024

Acosta today at Potimao!

1000000661.png

Practice 2 results. Surprising to see both Yamahas make it straight to Q2 for the first time since 2022 and not a Honda in sight... Sounds like the track was really dusty early on, how do they not have blowers for this? Otherwise I love this track!
1711153585809.png

After Pecco's stuff up into turn1 Mav did an awesome job keeping Martin (3rd) at bay and taking out the Sprint race, the edge grip on the last corner coming onto the main straight was key.
Still early days but Marc Marquez (2nd today) like Pedro Acosta is coming and wins wont be far away..

It's good to see MM93 competitive again...he brings a whole lot of entertainment to the grid. His push from 8th to second is crazy considering it is his second GP on the DUC. I feel sorry for the Honda team as their entire lineup starts from back of the grid....what a fall from grace.

It's good to see MM93 competitive again...he brings a whole lot of entertainment to the grid. His push from 8th to second is crazy considering it is his second GP on the DUC. I feel sorry for the Honda team as their entire lineup starts from back of the grid....what a fall from grace.
If we go way back, Honda found its brand success in Bike Racing. It will be interesting to see if the DNA is still there and they come back.

^^^
Who’s fault, Bagnaia or Marquez?

Adjudicated with no penalty, but to me it looked as if Bagnaia came from behind Marc with a line which crossed Marc’s path.

The bike in the lead at the time of impact was Peccos. By maybe a half foot! :) But, the rule is that the bike in front has the right of way. I watched it several times in slo-mo and they both had a nice arc going thru the corner but to me MM cut back trying to shorten up and banged into the side of Pecco as Pecco was cutting underneath. Pecco had a good racing line and didn’t cut in front of MM. If they had been crossing the finish line precisely at the time of impact Pecco would’ve won the race. Applying the ‘but for’ rule, but for MMs cut back, they wouldn’t have touched. As for the new kid Pedro Acosta, I’ll agree he was in the right place at the right time to make the podium however, if Pecco, MM, and Mav hadn’t crashed out he would’ve finished in 6th. Kinda the same for Rossi’s lead rider, Bezzechi and Yamahas Quartararo who finished in the top ten. They gained three spots too all very very late in the race.

How about you, if you’re going to crash out, would you rather do it on the first lap or the last? :laugh: Poor Mav, so frustrating. Anyone hear what his issue was? Brakes, chain, transmission? Cruising along with a definite podium spot and on the last lap, wham, you’re on the pavement. At least it wasn’t at race speed. Whatever his problem was it had already caused him to slow down.

The bike in the lead at the time of impact was Peccos. By maybe a half foot! :) But, the rule is that the bike in front has the right of way. I watched it several times in slo-mo and they both had a nice arc going thru the corner but to me MM cut back trying to shorten up and banged into the side of Pecco as Pecco was cutting underneath. Pecco had a good racing line and didn’t cut in front of MM. If they had been crossing the finish line precisely at the time of impact Pecco would’ve won the race. Applying the ‘but for’ rule, but for MMs cut back, they wouldn’t have touched. As for the new kid Pedro Acosta, I’ll agree he was in the right place at the right time to make the podium however, if Pecco, MM, and Mav hadn’t crashed out he would’ve finished in 6th. Kinda the same for Rossi’s lead rider, Bezzechi and Yamahas Quartararo who finished in the top ten. They gained three spots too all very very late in the race.

How about you, if you’re going to crash out, would you rather do it on the first lap or the last? :laugh: Poor Mav, so frustrating. Anyone hear what his issue was? Brakes, chain, transmission? Cruising along with a definite podium spot and on the last lap, wham, you’re on the pavement. At least it wasn’t at race speed. Whatever his problem was it had already caused him to slow down.
Vinales, 5th to 6th gear issues shortly after start of race, until it locked up.

That sucked for Mav he did a sterling job till the gearbox said nup..:mad:

Pedro was fun/scary to watch his sliding antics and managing to keep it all together :banana:

Pecco should've let Marc keep that corner (they both ran wide) and taken the points he even said he was trying multiple lines
thru out the race cause he couldnt keep up, must've been gutting to see Acosta come thru and disappear pretty quick.

As for the rest of the field it was a shame there wasnt any coverage of them..

This would (IMNSHO) be terrible for the sport! Sounds like Bridgepoint capital is exploring selling off there share of DORNA, Liberty is the prime candidate to buy up. I am no fan of what they did to F1! This would affect WSBK as well as MotoGP!
Thats a lot of zero's!

Thats a lot of zero's!
its official now, Motogp has a new boss.

Back