Mitsubishi 16G turbo with stock fuel system

This is soooo amusing, yet informative at the same time...
biggrin.gif
Keep up the work NE, because my attention definitely is fixated on your posts.
bowdown.gif

Very interesting..A guy that knows it all but trolling the org for answers..Interesting I say..I'm with you NE..
wink.gif
bowdown.gif

Very interesting..A guy that knows it all but trolling the org for answers..Interesting I say..I'm with you NE..
wink.gif

bowdown.gif
Some people can read but just can't get the meaning of the words.....That's really sad.

Anyway, for those who care about getting quality for the lowest price, I have some news about what you can find.

This is a build I started just for the fun of hearing some weak arguments from some people......HAHAHAHAHAH

Project CHEAP BUSATURBO:(the friend who gets the turbo is not too happy about the name)

- Stock engine
1. T3 Garrett turbo 48 A/R turbine,42 A/R compressor,
new
2. 38mm,external,adjustable wastegate, new
3. RFL - H type blow off valve , new

1,2,3 ----- All 3 items = $ 385 at the door

4. T-rex 50/70 fuel pump,wiring,hose,relay, new = $ 196 at the door

This is what I got so far . $ 581

The rest is for hunting season:

5. FMU - will see, $ 100-($300 if complete removal of stock pump an regulator)

6. Fuel rail aprox. $20
7. Gauges , will see , $150-250
8. Water injection,home made $ 70
9. Meanwhile working on the headers and plenum

7-10 PSI, I think is pretty good.....Don't you?

Maybe I'll keep you posted with the "grand finale"

The maximum potential of this turbo,(if engine upgraded and bigger injectors)?.....Around 20 PSI x aprox 10HP
rock.gif
?? (I will test the max boost and let you know for sure).....Not bad for the money!

There is no rush,so don't expect do have it ready tomorrow.....

Like I said before, good luck and have fun. You certainly are going as cheap as you can, that is great. If you can start building fuel rails for $20 and water injection tht atomizes the water with a tank for $70 (not the sparkOmatic systems) you can start selling them for good profit. Hey for that matter you may be able to start selling the whole kit, for 1/2 of what evyon elese is doing.

Yes keep us posted, e wish you nothing but the best and would lke to hear and see the final product.

Ninja,

I do this for fun,not for profit and for the challenge of finding other ways to achieve the same goal.

When you use the word "cheap" you want to make it to really sound cheap.
In my case cheap means to get good stuff at the best price.What's "cheap" in that ?
What's wrong with the T3 unit?
It's been proven over the years and the weight is 17 lbs,only 3 lbs heavier than the 16G.
As I opened the box I really liked the build and how compact it is.

What's cheap about the Trex pump?
What's wrong with a brand new 38mm wastegate?

Do you really think that performance comes only if a product is expensive?

It's like comparing a Ducati 999 with a GSXR 1000....Is the Ducati better?....Not in my opinion......Is the Ducati worth more money just based on the performance?.....Not in my opinion.....Is the Ducati worth its price based on the looks?....Probably yes,although is a matter of taste.....

What is a Ducati buyer who doesn't care about performance nor the looks?..........Just a snob.

Now coming back to the turbo story,here we can't talk about looks cause it sits under the fairing.
Then ,if we talk performance, I just don't see the point in paying more for something that will give you,more or less, the
same amount of boost,boost control,life span.

Or you just love to brag with your buddies ,that although you have the same power output like the guy who just left you in the dust,you are still better cause your power is more expensive and you just backed off cause you're wiser?

And just to let you know, this all is not even a matter of money,is just about principle.

Regards to all

Ninja,

I do this for fun,not for profit and for the challenge of finding other ways to achieve the same goal.

In my case cheap means to get good stuff at the best price.What's "cheap" in that ?
It's been proven over the years and the weight is 17 lbs,only 3 lbs heavier than the 16G.

It's like comparing a Ducati 999 with a GSXR 1000....Is the Ducati better?....Not in my opinion......Is the Ducati worth more money just based on the performance?.....Not in my opinion.....Is the Ducati worth its price based on the looks?....Probably yes,although is a matter of taste.....

What is a Ducati buyer who doesn't care about performance nor the looks?..........Just a snob.

Now coming back to the turbo story,here we can't talk about looks cause it sits under the fairing.
Then ,if we talk performance, I just don't see the point in paying more for something that will give you,more or less, the

Or you just love to brag with your buddies ,that although you have the same power output like the guy who just left you in the dust,you are still better cause your power is more expensive and you just backed off cause you're wiser?

And just to let you know, this all is not even a matter of money,is just about principle.

Regards to all
<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'>I was fine until you start making judgement of me, my riding skills and my bike.  You do not have any Idea who I am or what my bike will do. The last thing I care about is braging rights.

I still wish you the very best on your project.  In the mean time go Fock yourself sideways and maybe stuff the $20.00 fuel rail up your azz.</span></span>

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109200877 -->

Sorry gang, but I lost my patience with trying to be helpful. I am sure someone is getting a good laugh out of this.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109201400 -->

Ninja,

Regards to all
<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'>I was fine until you start making judgement of me, my riding skills and my bike.  You do not have any Idea who I am or what my bike will do. The last thing I care about is braging rights.

I still wish you the very best on your project.  In the mean time go Fock yourself sideways and maybe stuff the $20.00 fuel rail up your azz.</span></span>
Wazaaap dear Ninja,

I must have touched a painful spot,...now I can bet that your riding skills suck.

Does it hurt?..........You know,stupidity?

The same to you.

And don't forget, it's time to go back to school..........FAST SCHOOL that is.

And please don't remind me that engines can blow if you don't take all the necessary precautions,I happen to agree.
Don't worry I do not think anyone will remind you of any pitfalls that you could run into.
And of course you can also read people's minds.
Who would be so low to help with advice the MONSTER MAXIMUS ?

Bad MAXIMUS ,you made NINJA BITTER cry ....

Oh my god, I feel like in kindergarten again !

See,you people,we can turn back time.

C ya, I have to go and call Cher

Hey RO...It's cool if you got the skill and knowledge to make this happen...I for one didn't and had to pay (dearly) for my setup...I ain't a peace keeper...Actually I could give a shat about how you describe what your trying to do...

Do you have a bike???Just curious...It really doesn't matter...

Anyway...Good luck...Post some pics of the build...Whatever...
evil.gif

Hey RO...It's cool if you got the skill and knowledge to make this happen...I for one didn't and had to pay (dearly) for my setup...I ain't a peace keeper...Actually I could give a shat about how you describe what your trying to do...

evil.gif
Another one from the group who just reads....

That is the problem with some people,they don't give a sheet about anything......What might that be?....Ignorance?

Hahaha,you are so childish, I had a bike for the past 23 years,since I was 12.......Ooops, I just gave my age away.....But really doesn't matter....

Did you ever put your busa to the max?.....And this really matters.

I think you should join Ninja at the Fast School and make peace with yourselves.

I know I'm a truth speaking #######, but do you really have to hate me ?
It's just a matter of choice, you know, hate......

evil.gif
Another one from the group who just reads....

That is the problem with some people,they don't give a sheet about anything......What might that be?....Ignorance?

Hahaha,you are so childish, I had a bike for the past 23 years,since I was 12.......Ooops, I just gave my age away.....But really doesn't matter....

Did you ever put your busa to the max?.....And this really matters.

I think you should join Ninja at the Fast School and make peace with yourselves.

I know I'm a truth speaking #######, but do you really have to hate me ?
It's just a matter of choice, you know, hate......
I think you may have put a little to much thought into this...But no big deal...

Speed education that's out...And I'm tight on me...

Hating...I'm not a hater...

Skipping the meds but that's cool too...Sometimes I have a drink and post is that cool???

One of the good things in life is the fact that we can agree to disagree...

So I'm out...

MAXIMUS_RO

- Stock engine
1. T3 Garrett turbo 48 A/R turbine,42 A/R compressor,
new
2. 38mm,external,adjustable wastegate, new
3. RFL - H type blow off valve , new

1,2,3 ----- All 3 items = $ 385 at the door

Okay , your saying all three piece brand new for $385 ?

The best prices I've seen is

1 you can get rebuild ones for cheaper than $500 and brand new ones are around $500
2 $189 with no flanges
3 BOV ranges from 150 & UP

Unless your getting that China clone crap, its not quality parts your getting. I cant see anyone getting all that for $385 TYD.

Just a small update.

Water injection parts on the way.

2 water solenoids, 2 boost switches, 1 blocked nozzle detector(switch) and 2 nozzles ,.......delivered $ 109

Nozzles 1 GPH and 2.3 GPH for WOT ,second stage.......Hopefuly the busa won't become amphibious with all the water.

But I guess that's why " trial and error " was invented...

hahahah... I recall someone else having their mechanic build them a turbo kit and they blew the engine on that one...

NE is right... You have too many holes in your parts list to facilitate a good turbo setup... Your prices also seem a little off.

I have seen the custom built intercoolers and you would better spend $700 with motorhead to get an intercooler that is concaved. The custom intercoolers I have seen for sale are completely square and will require you to do some serious customization to get it to fit. Also seen people cut fairings to make the intercooler fit.

I am always for doing it yourself, but I am not sure I would on this one... I haven't seen many great stories come out of custom turbo setups... Good luck though and more power to you if you can develop a reliable turbo kit for yourself. If you blow it up once, you would have been better off spending the money with motorhead or other... ;)

My 2 cents...

Cloud

hahahah... I recall someone else having their mechanic build them a turbo kit and they blew the engine on that one...

NE is right... You have too many holes in your parts list to facilitate a good turbo setup... Your prices also seem a little off.

I have seen the custom built intercoolers and you would better spend $700 with motorhead to get an intercooler that is concaved. The custom intercoolers I have seen for sale are completely square and will require you to do some serious customization to get it to fit. Also seen people cut fairings to make the intercooler fit.

I am always for doing it yourself, but I am not sure I would on this one... I haven't seen many great stories come out of custom turbo setups... Good luck though and more power to you if you can develop a reliable turbo kit for yourself. If you blow it up once, you would have been better off spending the money with motorhead or other... ;)

My 2 cents...

Cloud
I was just wondering what do you think is in a turbo kit?....Some magical parts?.....A little green man that spins some gears?....

And maybe you will be so kind and let everybody know where are the holes in the parts list and in the prices...
Just name a part and can show you where to buy at a good normal price and also, same part on ebay at an even better price.

Now don't make yourself look bad,just like poor MOTO_FREAK, who thinks that if he couldn't find something,that something doesn't exist.

Maybe you could ask people what fuel pumps do they get with the kits and how many will spend just around 100 bucks for a dual stage water injection....

Please guys, don't get me wrong, I didn't start this thread to judge people who decide to buy kits that are already built .
I just throw some pointers for those who want to build stuff themselves.And I mean good stuff....

And Cloud 9 , at least read carefully the whole thread before making statements, otherwise you'll just make me laugh.....

And wrong again, there is no mechanic doing this for me and my buddy, there is only me to blame.
But I guess I'll take the chance.......

It gets funny again, I start to miss Ninja....... : " YOU KNOW KIDS, YOU SHOULD NOT PLAY WITH FIRE, YOU KNOW........FIRE BURNS."

Back