Mitsubishi 16G turbo with stock fuel system

MAXIMUS_RO

Registered
I was wondering if there is a turbo master out there, that knows to what level of boost can you still use the stock FMU.
Can I hope to get 6 psi with the fuel managed only through the PCII ?

I'd appreciate any input

C

building a turbo kit on a tight budget probably isn't the best thing to do. motorhead's ghetto kit is about as "budget" as it gets at $3995

talk to him over at suzukihayabusa.org

Hang around...Uncle Bob or NE will see this soon and should have a reasonable suggestion...  
evil.gif

<!--EDIT|STUNNAH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108049013 -->

building a turbo kit on a tight budget probably isn't the best thing to do.   motorhead's ghetto kit is about as "budget" as it gets at $3995

Although I appreciate your marketing skills and I have nothing against shops selling their goodies, I still think that with the difference in price I can spend a very nice week in Las Vegas.

Now, let's see : Your tight budget = $ 3995

My generous budget: $ 2310

- Mit Evo 16G turbo = $ 600 (internal wastegate included)
- Tial wastegate = $ 350 (better, but you can live without)
- Boost controller = $ 80-150
- FMU = $ 160
- Fuel pump = $ 100
- Intercooler = $ 350
- Plumbing = $ 300-500 ( $50 if you like welding)
- Miscellaneous = $ 100

If I want to go really tight,than look :no tial wastegate -350,no intercooler -350, plumbing at home -500 etc.

Total : $ 1110 + the satisfaction to do it yourself...

Off course, this is a simple view,maybe I missed stuff,there is money involved in tuning(dyno) etc.,but it's life....
Also, if you dig deeper on the net, you might find better and cheaper...

So...... yours "as "budget" as it gets at $3995" and..........
mine $1110, or...... the $2310 in the middle

rock.gif
?....$2885 for a week of fun, or give it away cause there is extra work involved?

But maybe I misunderstood and these forums are not what they used to be, places to share knowledge with people with common interests.....

building a turbo kit on a tight budget probably isn't the best thing to do.   motorhead's ghetto kit is about as "budget" as it gets at $3995

Although I appreciate your marketing skills and I have nothing against shops selling their goodies, I still think that with the difference in price I can spend a very nice week in Las Vegas.

Now, let's see :   Your tight budget = $ 3995

My generous budget: $ 2310

- Mit Evo 16G turbo  = $ 600 (internal wastegate included)
- Tial wastegate      = $ 350 (better, but you can live without)
- Boost controller     = $ 80-150
- FMU                    = $ 160
- Fuel pump            = $ 100
- Intercooler           = $ 350
- Plumbing              = $ 300-500 ( $50 if you like welding)
- Miscellaneous       = $ 100

If I want to go really tight,than look :no tial wastegate  -350,no intercooler  -350, plumbing at home  -500 etc.

Total : $ 1110 + the satisfaction to do it yourself...

Off course, this is a simple view,maybe I missed stuff,there is money involved in tuning(dyno) etc.,but it's life....
Also, if you dig deeper on the net, you might find better and cheaper...

So...... yours "as "budget" as it gets at $3995"  and..........
mine $1110, or...... the $2310 in the middle

rock.gif
?....$2885 for a week of fun, or give it away cause there is extra work involved?
Acually your budget would be off.

Evo 16G is a good Turbo it is actually the 16G large, which is what I am running. $600-$800
fuel Pump if you are doing it well, wth out cooking it, you will spend twice your budget for a good T-Rex pump or =.  If you can not get the fuel in as ou know ouch... $200.00

Hi flow fuel injectors at least use 275cc injectors $180.00

Intecooler for a bike that will fit will cost you around $1,200.00

water injection $650.00 (option)

Rising rate regulator $240.00
   option is extar o 5th injector

Also Plenum??  unless that is in your plmbing??

Alum fuel rail  $180-$250.00

FMU whether it is a PC or $200.00 at the very lowest.
Boost gauge $150.00 (good one)
Fuel Peressure Gauge $120.00
A/F $210.00

That is at least $2570.00 to your estimate.
Total $ at least $4880.00
Add to that dyno time even if you do the tunning.
absolute minimun $200 + most likely t get it right on a turbo $400.00 unless you have the shop or have a friend who owns a Dyno.  I had 97 pulls befre I had my Turbo Busa perfect and I mean perfect, bottom and the top.

Lots of other little things braces for the plenum and lots of intenals.  Clutch springs, valve springs, oh and a little thing called output shaft (lots of new torque)
All of the internals do not have to be done now but sooner or late you will have to do it with a kit or with out.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108068845 -->

I was wondering if there is a turbo master out there, that knows to what level of boost can you still use the stock FMU.
Can I hope to get 6 psi with the fuel managed only through the PCII ?

I'd appreciate any input

C
You can get the 6lbs and over to 14lbs using a PC 2 or 3 depending on the system. You will not get the 14 on all stock internals long.

The man was just offering you a suggestion...Last time I heard that involves a bit of knowledge...Figure you got a bit yourself but I wouldn't be interested in your budget for a weekend in Vegas...
evil.gif

Hey,Ninja

Thanks for the reply.

Please don't forget that my whole point was to build a turbo that will have a decent quality,will be run at 60-70% of it's potential, will give you a really nice power increase fast, will be fully upgradeable at the time when your will and budget will be in tune and will not require to do any engine work at the begining.
At wich begining, you buy and install only what is needed to get that 60-70%

The mat in the pricing is something we can do forever.But just for the love of the argument I will try to prove you wrong.

Here it is:

Mit Evo III 16G big $599 (guaranteed)-with wastegate
Boost controller $150 (the good one)
Vortech press reg $159
Bosh fuel pump $180 (good for 400 hp)
Miscellaneous $200
Vortech T-Rex Fuel Pump , Universal pump (50 GPH at 70PSI) $180(just for info)
Plumbing under $500 (with plenum ) or alot less if you are a decent welder

Intercooler - not needed at 70% performance (custom made-aprox $500)
Water spray - same
Fuel rail and injectors - same
Fuel pressure gauge - same
Boost gauge $70(still decent) to $210

Total: $ 1858 minus plumbing if you can manage by yourself

Now, if we start thinking outside the box, we can get a very cheap and efficient intercooler .
Don't forget,this comes with lot of work and research involved, but the deal is that it can be done.

Like the perfect turbo can be built(350+hp), with the best thats out there ,with less than 4000.Now on this one I have no mat ,so please spare me.
Offcourse, you need some tools,skills,knowledge etc.And then you go on forums and ask...'cause you can't know it all.

But I'm geting boring and I'm not even that old....

Regards

The man was just offering you a suggestion...Last time I heard that involves a bit of knowledge...Figure you got a bit yourself but I wouldn't be interested in your budget for a weekend in Vegas...  
evil.gif
You Stunning highroller, it was just a figure of speech....but no,...wait,...what if I hit the slot machines?

Hahahaha,you're as ironic as Alanis

Go in the desert and get some speed

evil.gif
You Stunning highroller, it was just a figure of speech....but no,...wait,...what if I hit the slot machines?

Hahahaha,you're as ironic as Alanis

Go in the desert and get some speed
We got a little speed right here and Tunica isn't far...Just comparing bro no pain...Stunning yes, big no...

Hey,Ninja

Thanks for the reply.

Please don't forget that my whole point was to build a turbo that will have a decent quality,will be run at 60-70% of it's potential, will give you a really nice power increase fast, will be fully upgradeable at the time when your will and budget will be in tune and will not require to do any engine work at the begining.
At wich begining, you buy and install only what is needed to get that 60-70%

The mat in the pricing is something we can do forever.But just for the love of the argument I will try to prove you wrong.

Here it is:

Mit Evo III 16G big  $599 (guaranteed)-with wastegate
Boost controller      $150 (the good one)
Vortech press reg   $159
Bosh fuel pump       $180 (good for 400 hp)
Miscellaneous         $200
Vortech T-Rex Fuel Pump , Universal pump (50 GPH at 70PSI) $180(just for info)
Plumbing        under $500 (with plenum  ) or alot less if you are a decent welder

Intercooler   - not needed at 70% performance (custom made-aprox $500)
Water spray   - same
Fuel rail and injectors  - same
Fuel pressure gauge                  - same
Boost gauge    $70(still decent) to $210

Total:  $ 1858 minus plumbing if you can manage by yourself

Now, if we start thinking outside the box, we can get a very cheap and efficient intercooler .
Don't forget,this comes with lot of work and research involved, but the deal is that it can be done.

Like the perfect turbo can be built(350+hp), with the best thats out there ,with less than 4000.Now on this one I have no mat ,so please spare me.
Offcourse, you need some tools,skills,knowledge etc.And then you go on forums and ask...'cause you can't know it all.

But I'm geting boring and I'm not even that old....

Regards
<span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Well good luck.  Hope you can prove me wrong (would not be the first time), but your parts are full of holes just to get to your price.  As you said we could go around and around on that.Interesting you talk as if no one has been there with any of this.  I have seen Turbos cause the engines to blow on 6lbs if not tuned correct.  I have seen internals wear and damage.   The point of all the rest is to make sure things don't happen.  If you build with out taking that in mind sooner or later you will pay.  As for a 16G large turbo pushing 350hp yes it can be done, I have one of them,  but good luck doing it your way.  YES the intercooler is not needed but it was in your specs not mine.  As for being bored yes your are correct, I am getting bored with your attitude, and you not really reading the info. that you requested.  You started at $2800 and a trip to Vegas and now you are talking $4000 for 350hp??BUT AGAIN ALL THE BEST TO YOU LET US KNOW HOW YOU DO. after you go beyond paper</span></span>

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108093199 -->

Ninja
You're kind of tense.
Maybe because you try ,but still can't see my point?
Where are the holes in my parts and prices? Can't you do a search on World Wide Web?
I thought that I explained the whole scenario ....
Based on the opinion that people on this site had about you,I thought you are sharper.....you know,like smart....but I apologize for being wrong.

It seems that this hayabusa loving community is made just of novices and some stuck (like in I can't see beyond my limits) mechanics ,that just try to sell their stuff to as many suckers they can.
And talking about that,how come that engines are blown even with the fine tuned packages from all the turbo sellers around?

AND WHEN I WENT BEYOND PAPER I GOT STUCK WITH 367 MUSTANGS THAT GALLOP PROUDLY ON THE BEAUTIFUL FREEWAYS OF MY COUNTRY .
THE PRICE? HMMM , WAS IT JUST 4200 US , OR MAYBE MY MAT WAS WRONG AGAIN?

1200 FOR AN INTERCOOLER?

YOU PEOPLE ARE SO FUNNY

Just do it.  Why would I do a serach on the web, when I have built a Busa with a turbo using a 16G large Mitz turbo, went though fuel pumps injectors regulators internals externals etc.  I am Not tence at all. I have been aroud some of the best builders in the industry and have leared what cutting cornrs could mean.  I have built and maintained a high end turbo Busa fr 33,000 miles have you??  I just do not like seeing people get in so optimistic.  If you start building an intercooler that fits the Busa for $500.00 great.  The problem is the fit, not the mateial.  The intercooler like you said is not needed anyway, which is true.  You could use water injection, which at 6lbs is not needed.  You are missing the big picture.  A lot of things are not needed but reccomended.  I think it is funny, because you are just trying to get a rise out of me.  
biggrin.gif
 Let me know how the project turns out.  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108166159 -->

biggrin.gif

i see how he could do it. i have a ghetto kit on my busa. using the parts for a kinda template i am building a kit for my other busa. i will have about $1900 in "my" system. looking for good deals on parts and being able to weld about anything helps. it can be done. i run 7 psi on a stock motor with stock injectors and rail,with only a pc3 and an upgraded pump. if you plan it well and dont try to over do it you can build your own system. as far as mapping, there are some good maps floating around to use to try it out. a dyno tune is advised for final product but i have my ghetto with the map i was sent, i havent hit the dyno yet, probbly next month. dont give up."you can do it"

i see how he could do it. i have a ghetto kit on my busa. using the parts for a kinda template i am building a kit for my other busa. i will have about $1900 in "my" system. looking for good deals on parts and being able to weld about anything helps. it can be done. i run 7 psi on a stock motor with stock injectors and rail,with only a pc3 and an upgraded pump. if you plan it well and dont try to over do it you can build your own system. as far as mapping, there are some good maps floating around to use to try it out. a dyno tune is advised for final product but i have my ghetto with the map i was sent, i havent hit the dyno yet, probbly next month. dont give up."you can do it"
The question is not if. You can put a system together that will work. It is a matter of how cheap you want to go and how much you want to get out of the turbo. All the other things that I suggest are for a system that lasts. Even if you look at the orig. figures they changes 3 times. Lots of time and effort, but yes it can be done, just things to watch for...

Back