Meeting at HotBodiesRacing HQ, 01OCT08

Ouch...

OkOk, my service has called the mansion. I had them tell Maria that she'd have to postpone. Poor dear. But she's resilient...so I know she'll get through it (with the help of some western pharmaceuticals, of course).

Anyway, so, as originally planned (back to Plan "A") my flight arrives in Chicago at 10:15, Friday, 10OCT08.

:rofl:

All over it. The El Rukin's or how ever you spell it, will be waiting for us as we leave the Areopeurto to head to cheeseland.:rofl:

Last edited:
All over it. The El Rukin's or how ever you spell it, will be waiting for us as we leave the Areopeurto to head to cheeseland.:rofl:

Who are they? I don't know El Rukins? Friend or foe?

Can we stop for some cheese-curds on our way?

Mmmm...garlic/herb cheese curds...and beer.

Who are they? I don't know El Rukins? Friend or foe?

Can we stop for some cheese-curds on our way?

Mmmm...garlic/herb cheese curds...and beer.

Back in the day, when you left this area, teh El Rukin's were one of the most feared gangs in the Chicago area. They had RPG's and all sorts of fun toys and were not afraid to use them.
Cheese Curds and Beer. Not a problem. Just remember you have to get up early in the morning. LOL

The FBI is well aware of at least one example of state-sponsored terrorists working with a U.S. street gang. In 1986, members of the El Rukin street gang in Chicago plotted with Libyan leader Mu' ammar al-Qadhafi to perpetrate terrorist acts against the U.S. in exchange for money. Qadhafi, however, is a notably secular Muslim leader who forged alliances with many groups, and he is opposed by al-Qa'ida-affiliated groups.

Back in the day, when you left this area, teh El Rukin's were one of the most feared gangs in the Chicago area. They had RPG's and all sorts of fun toys and were not afraid to use them.
Cheese Curds and Beer. Not a problem. Just remember you have to get up early in the morning. LOL

Early in the morning, NO PROB!!!

I don't intend to consume a entire package of curds nor an entire six-pack of beer in one sitting!

Man, I'm so looking forward to this trip! :beerchug:

The FBI is well aware of at least one example of state-sponsored terrorists working with a U.S. street gang. In 1986, members of the El Rukin street gang in Chicago plotted with Libyan leader Mu' ammar al-Qadhafi to perpetrate terrorist acts against the U.S. in exchange for money. Qadhafi, however, is a notably secular Muslim leader who forged alliances with many groups, and he is opposed by al-Qa'ida-affiliated groups.

Oh...Those El Rukin's.

I figured it was either the Qadhafi connection (as you described very succinctly and eloquently, above), or the blood-gang know as the Del Rubio Triplets, feared terror panderers of deep Texas, whose reign of terror has stretched (like a bad face-lift) over the global heart-land for literally generations.

The guitar-wielding trio took the nation hostage with their deafeningly off-key music, their lame-a$$ choreography, and, most devastatingly, their feeble attempts at trying to appear to be having a good time. Shameless.

Well, I'm glad you cleared that up for me.

I can go back to other threads now, in peace!

Del Rubio Triplets.jpg

Back on-topic...

Well, as planned, I met with the fearless leader of HBR at their headquarters yesterday afternoon.

We went over all the 'busa production pieces and prototypes they have in their line-up. (There are (not one, but) two Gen2 'busas in their facility which they use for design and fitment efforts.) We talked about the Hayabusa (in general, and of course, the new, just-announced '09 colors), the .oRg (it's close-knit member-base, family-feel, percent population desire for after-market upgrades, etc.), among numerous other aspects, all 'busa focused.

Additionally, I talked extensively with their Rider Support contact, Matt, who has been invaluable to me in building a new .oRg relationship with HBR. He's an awesome connection and will be a huge asset to anyone (from here) who has any HBR related wants/needs.

We set up a loose time-line for the balance of the pieces they're wanting reviewed. It's an impressive list.

1. Undertail
2. Tire Hugger
3. Ram Air Scoops w/Integrated blacked-out front signals (they're sweet, BTW)

In addition to these things, Roger, el jefe (boss-man, translated from Spanish, of course), offered their windscreen, as well, at my next visit there. "Cool," I thought to myself.

We also discussed, briefly, their providing more detailed, higher-quality (color) instructions to accompany parts which would require them. They agreed to look hard at that, and I offered to assist (everything from editing to paper-to-practice).

To demonstrate how valuable this rider-support meeting was, our relationship evolved from 'here's the parts; let us know what you think' to 'let's set up our next meeting when you can bring the 'busa here and we'll do the install for you.'

Again, who is luckier than me? I don't know.

What I do know, though, is that everyone (who is interested in HBR products) from this family has just become a little 'richer', a little 'phatter', for this meeting.

Lastly, and I feel, very importantly, when we were discussing HBR exposure, Roger intimated to me that he's more interested in the exposure to the Hayabusa community through this forum than my assessment article which will appear in Rider's Review. I was somewhat taken-aback because Rider's Review is a magazine which covers all motorcycle models and types, ride reviews, product reviews, etc. To this publication, I am a regular contributor, as many you are aware.

We put off the photo-shoot for a couple of weeks, when the bike is there for it's 'fitting'; I'll share 'em with you when I get 'em.

:beerchug:

So, at least another 2 weeks wait, huh? Was excited about the meeting until that point. :laugh:

So, at least another 2 weeks wait, huh? Was excited about the meeting until that point. :laugh:

Sorry, bro...the two-week thing is kinda my doing, also...I have a very important gathering in Southeast Wisconsin to tend to on the day they wanted me in... (a week from tomorrow).

So...:whistle: we wait...

Sorry, bro...the two-week thing is kinda my doing, also...I have a very important gathering in Southeast Wisconsin to tend to on the day they wanted me in... (a week from tomorrow).

So...:whistle: we wait...
Oh the waiting...

Two weeks may kill me... But, oh well, I will just go ride or something :laugh:

that's cool. I just saw this thread.
I would have asked for brighter LED's in the undertails. the stock is ok, but lacks during daylight hours.

that's cool. I just saw this thread.
I would have asked for brighter LED's in the undertails. the stock is ok, but lacks during daylight hours.

No worries, bro...I'll be back there in a couple of weeks.

:beerchug:

Maybe suggest a set of modular racks and/or hard or soft luggage. Something that could lock on in place of the rear seat and grab bar? Not huge and boxy, but flows with the lines of the bike.

The idea would be to have the option of adding different pieces and capacity on the same framework depending on your needs, with the ability to easily remove it once you hit you destination.

Maybe suggest a set of modular racks and/or hard or soft luggage. Something that could lock on in place of the rear seat and grab bar? Not huge and boxy, but flows with the lines of the bike.

The idea would be to have the option of adding different pieces and capacity on the same framework depending on your needs, with the ability to easily remove it once you hit you destination.

Well, I'll bring it up, but they're geared more toward racing than touring, so I don't know what position they'll take on that.

Valid and welcome suggestion, though!!! :beerchug:

Back