Man i love having my new hayabusa

You know, with a few simple tools, the free shop manual to dwnld, and the desire, this 1.5 hr simple service could be done by you for $50 if you want to switch to full synth. oil. Me personally wouldn't go to full synth. oil so soon and that is another discussion beaten to death in 6 other threads here.
What is the dealer charging you? They are that busy and "slammed" with business, "haste makes waste".
just my :2cents:

Right on. Oil change is cake, Fairings are a PITA until you do it once or twice. Just be sure you don't overtighten the drain plug (use a torque wrench) Save you a bunch of money in the long run. Plus you shouldn't go to synth until your second oil change. I switched at 2000 miles. Don't worry, you'll find excuses to ride and hit that in no time. I use Mobil 1 Synth Racing 4T. You can get it at Wal-Mart for $9.85 a Quart. First service done by you does not void your warranty. Just keep your receipt for the filter and oil and document it. The only other thing they do is check bolts for tightness and check the chain which you can do.

If you have ever turned a wrench .....

jumbojimbo said:
whats wrong with that? dealers orders were between 600 and 1000. I made the appointment at 600 but they have been slammed and i took it for a few spins lol im confident that it'll be fine. switching to full synthetic tuesday

It's your bike so there is nothing "wrong" with it. Have fun with your new ride:beerchug:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Back