lowered the Busa today. PICS!

Shindo97

Registered
Ok guys, i ordered the Schnitz Lowering Links, and bar risers..

I put 300 miles on stock height, and loved it...i just did 300 miles with a 2 inch drop (second hole on schnitz links)in the rear and 1 and 3/4 inch drop in the front.

She rides and turns amazing and feels even more stable..esp the front. It is a bit heavier in the fron now, but bc of that it feels even better entering and exiting turns. the chicken strips are getting lower and lower. I was entering and exiting turns at a very high speed here in austin a very popular twistie road. LIMECREEK.

Also getting on it hard in first feels so good now bc she doesnt come up as easy.

PLUS she looks so badass lower to the ground.
Next round of mods are coming soon all cosmetic though.
Lic plate relocate
nightstalker LED light kit
Smoked out windscreen
Frame Hole Covers
Hayabusa Exhaust Plug

Yosh R77 Exhaust to come with PCommander and tune.
Performance Air Filter of some nature as well. anyone have a brand they like?

I never though i would love another bike more than my 2004 Lime Ed Busa...but this one has stolen my heart...

bradmarques.com link not responding

Look very nice, I like the slung look a lot, and your Busa represents that. BMC Race Filter, no K&N.

Badazz !
thumb_up.gif

did you pull the stock cans off just for the pics or is that the way you've been running it
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
wtf.gif
btw it does look cool lowered !!!!!!
super.gif
bump.gif

rock.gif

It does look cool.

Though I have never really grasped this mod for serious street riding. There is likely a speed-bump out there (somewhere) just waiting to tear up your chin cowling. I guess if you have excellent situational awareness to avoid all speed bumps, maybe this isn't such a big concern.

Still, for street riding, the loss of overall clearance would pray on my mind too much, personally....
dunno.gif

2 inch drop (second hole on schnitz links)in the rear and 1 and 3/4 inch drop in the front.

She rides and turns amazing and feels even more stable..esp the front. It is a bit heavier in the fron now, but bc of that it feels even better entering and exiting turns. the chicken strips are getting lower and lower. I was entering and exiting turns at a very high speed here in austin a very popular twistie road. LIMECREEK.

Also getting on it hard in first feels so good now bc she doesnt come up as easy.
I rode with a guy yesterday on a slammed gen I, it looked good and seemed stable with a 40 mph crosswind. It made me consider lowering mine but like warchild said I am concerned about handling. Are you saying that your's is better in the twisties now than before you lowered it? I ride a lot of winding roads and don't want to hinder my cornering. But if it will corner alright I am going to slam it.

as long as you do the lowering evenly and still allow compression, rebound of the shocks.. Just keep the nose slightly lower than the rear and from what i've been told the handling will be just fine.. mine is lowered and i can corner fairly well...

yes for now i am running no cans..they are to damn ugly..no it wont hurt anything..it has 2 cats...im not running it that hard though...i have opened her up a few times..but mainly i am keeping under 4500 rpms..

i turn just fine..did u see that u have 1/4 inch chicken strips? she leans and turns great man..and lime creek is an insanely twist road..adv riders...

i hang just fine on her...im not looking to be a pro racer..but for what i love its perfect...

exhaust will be here in about 10 days.. Full system carbon R77 Yosh with power commander..cant wait.

Back