Looky what I got today!

Looks like you got a great deal there John.:thumbsup:
Most all the plastic on my bike will be Ebay items. Took me several months and 4 tries to get a decent left side fairing. Still looking for a right side piece, but may just fix the original (only piece that wasn't broken).
Ebay takes patience for sure, but good deals are there.

Wow, I like the carbon fiber stickers on the tank,
I wonder who sells them?
Mike
PM Paulie1300, it is a tank protector from Suzuki, he can probably hook you up for a good price on it. There is a sticker for the gas cap as well which did not come with this tank.

Those protectors are OEM from Suzuki, i have them on my blue 08....

I got it installed after flipping the on off switch about 150 times to drain my FULL tank of fuel:whistle: Couldn't wait to run it out. I am here to tell you that it holds exactly 5.2 US gallons :laugh:. So I get all the volts and brackets back on, force the vent tubes back on (!@##$%$^&*), put my GPR Stabilizer back on, turn on the switch......nothing (face palm 1). Take the GPR back off, lift the tank, hook the power back up, set the tank back down and reinstall GPR, hit the switch.....fuel running on the ground (face palm 2). You can guess the rest of the scenario. Anyways, it's all back together and I let it idle for a while to check for leak and burn off the gas that leaked all over and she is good to go :thumbsup:

Excellant ebay skills and patience haha I really like those tank protectors. Is that orange actually in the protector?

I think you guys have an easier time finding clean straight parts for the Gen2 than us with the gen1. I've been searching ebay and forums for good parts for the longest time, finally found a good tank on the other Busa forum. It's an 05 tank with one small scuff and 80 percent of that came off with a little polishing. After polishing and seeing this tank in the sun I fell in love with the 05/06 Pearl Nebular Black which now dictates the direction I'm going on my rebuild, crap now I've gotta resell some white 06 le parts but I've got a vision of what my wrecked Busa is gonna look like and it's pretty amazing. Buying parts is getting very exciting, will post up a new thread with pics after all parts are acquired. Here's a crappy one of the tank though, by the way I've found that I'm getting much nicer and more accurately described parts from forum members compared to ebay purchases.

left side of tank scuff.jpg

Back