Unbelieveable!! Its a brand new tire too!

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
I have always got my tires changed at Cycle Gear. When I have it changed I ALWAYS buy the insurance plan for the tire. I have never needed to use it though.

But naturally this time I buy the back tire from a dealer instead and let them put it on. No insurance for the tire!

The tire is 3 weeks old with about 800 miles on it and lookie what I find today!

Its a standard bolt to. Which leads me to beleive it came off one of the 2000 friggin Harley's I was riding with yesterday during the BMW Redcross poker run.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

0914081428.jpg

The worst part though is that it damaged my wheel in the process! As you can see from this next pic after I took the bolt cutters to it in order to get it off the wheel.

0914081501.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pics. I just took the photo's with my cell phone. This way I could send it to my friends and complain.:rulez:

I hate that,,,
I had three in one week, must have had bad karma then

see, even when you aren't riding a harley it still finds a way to screw you....wait for it....wait.......or in this case, bolt you.
hahaha sorry man couldn't resist

I wanna know why you were behind a Harley to pick it up?

The tire is bad enough...the wheel damage blows. Time for some aftermarket wheels?

I wanna know why you were behind a Harley to pick it up?

The tire is bad enough...the wheel damage blows. Time for some aftermarket wheels?

It was a poker run. There was no getting away. There were every where. Like Locust.

Can't afford no aftermarket wheels as much as I would like to get some nice carbon fiber ones. :thumbsup:

Looks like my month old Storm, wasn't a Harley but I did want to go have a talk with the nearest building contractor..

lunch with Fran + repair 033.jpg

lunch with Fran + repair 035.jpg

i bought my new 848 a few months ago. rode it 40 miles and a DAMN nail in the rear tire. 192 bucks what it cost me for a new tire.. i know how you feel for sure..

I had the same thing happen to me when my tire was less than a week old. I replaced it. I don't go cheap when it comes to tires. The way I see it, we only have two. It's a cheap insurance.

Many years ago, I bought a brand new set of four BG Goodrich radials for my little hot rod. As I drove out of the speed shop and on to the main road, I heard what sounded like the tires picking up gravel off a freshly tarred street. I pulled over to investigate. In my left rear tire there were 33 roofing nails. I turned around and went back to buy a new tire. The shop put that tire on display for a long time!

Wow! That is huge!

Never seen anything like that. And bolt cutters to get it out?

Did I say wow already?

r8

Back