Unbelieveable!! Its a brand new tire too!

Man that sucks, years ago i pick up a pocket screwdriver, that must have come from some stupid Harley rider!
It was during bike week in NH, on a Saturday afternoon, and had to pay $200 for a bridgestone battlax, i was pissed!

I know the feelin'. I had about 200 mi on a new tire on my Aprilia when it was punctured. Went to ride it one morning, and the rear tire was flat. Damned if I was going to buy a new tire though. I plugged it and it has lasted over a year. Don't ride 'er too hard you can bet on that!

now you guys gone and done it.. leaving my "bash" tires off bike till next Monday...

I know the feelin'. I had about 200 mi on a new tire on my Aprilia when it was punctured. Went to ride it one morning, and the rear tire was flat. Damned if I was going to buy a new tire though. I plugged it and it has lasted over a year. Don't ride 'er too hard you can bet on that!
plugging tires is not detrimental to the tire as a rule.. if the tire has been "cut" and the belts are damaged, that is a different story but I have never seen a plugged/patched tire fail due to the plug or patch..

I would not hesitate for a second to ride a plugged/patched tire (as long as I know what the initial damage was)

plugging tires is not detrimental to the tire as a rule.. if the tire has been "cut" and the belts are damaged, that is a different story but I have never seen a plugged/patched tire fail due to the plug or patch..

I would not hesitate for a second to ride a plugged/patched tire (as long as I know what the initial damage was)

My tire hasnt lost a drop of air. Do you think its still ok to ride? Even know the bolt penetrated all the way through?

Id hate for the tire to rip apart on a left hand turn on the dragon at the bash.

I'd replace it. That's just me doing what I would do.

That totally sux, bro.

My tire hasnt lost a drop of air. Do you think its still ok to ride? Even know the bolt penetrated all the way through?

Id hate for the tire to rip apart on a left hand turn on the dragon at the bash.

Cornering will definitely blow that thing.

That looks like a pilot-nose SEMS screw. H-D doesn't use that particular type of screw, although internally there do use SEMS screws (not pilot-nose). I don't blame you for wanting to blame a Harley, but at least have the courtesy to put the blame where it should lie: On the rider, not the machine.

That really sucks big time! Please replace the tire. I don't want to read about you getting hurt because you gambled on a compromised tire. As for the wheel, I guess you could get it polished to hide the groove the screw made, or try and blend it in, and powdercoat it. If you are itching for new wheels, there is your excuse :laugh:

If you really want to fix the wheel on the cheap...

:beerchug:

sh_fn_blk_on.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sucks big time ... but ... at least it didn't blow ... as in you are safe and sound and rightfully bitc!in ...

Back