Let the Makeover Begin

Keep Baby J and bring her back stronger than ever...cosmetics can be fixed easily enough...

beerchug.gif
I know 'Chelle and honestly there are some items that don't have to be fixed. There are way too many hours of effort put in to her to want to get rid of her.

Salvage title can have a number of ramifications... some states will not even let you license a vehicle that has a salvage title.

I did some poking around on resale values and the "salvage" title seems to have 30% or more knock on values...

There was a racket running from Texas, many dealers were "laundering" salvage titles through Texas and then re-registering in the home state where the sale was. No longer a salvage title (I had a wholesaler in Scottsdale that did this all the time).

So you may be able to transfer title to Tx, and then get it back where you are without the big "S" problem.. ethical?

Salvage title can have a number of ramifications... some states will not even let you license a vehicle that has a salvage title.

I did some poking around on resale values and the "salvage" title seems to have 30% or more knock on values...

There was a racket running from Texas, many dealers were "laundering" salvage titles through Texas and then re-registering in the home state where the sale was. No longer a salvage title (I had a wholesaler in Scottsdale that did this all the time).

So you may be able to transfer title to Tx, and then get it back where you are without the big "S" problem.. ethical?
Would be the first time I had dealt with a salvage title. I will do some investigating and thinking, but I honestly don't plan (guess there could be some emergency though) to sell her.

Take the money and run! If you show the insurance company all the recipts for that bike, i doubt they will total it! Ive deal with them quite often, and if you can show proof of value, i really dont think that they will total it!
But worst case and they did total it, take the money and send to me, and ill build you one scary busa!
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

wow i don't know what I'd do.. but thinking on the lines of keeping and building the ultimate Baby "J".. with your taste i'm sure she would turn out fantastic. custom colors on the stock paint scheme, oh and can you say after market..
super.gif

I've always respected yours and Rhythm's taste in mods..
winkold.gif

wow i don't know what I'd do.. but thinking on the lines of keeping and building the ultimate Baby "J".. with your taste i'm sure she would turn out fantastic. custom colors on the stock paint scheme, oh and can you say after market..
super.gif

winkold.gif
Yea but the fashion statement he makes...
rofl.gif

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>DSCN3108.JPG</td></tr><tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From Fall bash 2007[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear Ken. I've got a chromed front wheel and miscellaneous other parts. What do you wanna do dude? If you decide to hook it back up, then whatever I have is YOURS. And as always, the parts are FREE. I gave Kweave the rear wheel earlier this year as a Father's Day gift. I also still have my front forks that I replaced with the ones I purchased from you a couple years ago. I will have to look, but I purchased a front fairing-stay off ebay earlier this year for next to nothing. If I can find it, it's yours man. Don't let pride or any of that other BS get in the way. I will be glad to speak of how many times you and others on this site have helped me. Let's get BabyJ rollin' again.

The '08s are great looking in person. The tail might need a trim. Good luck on the project
beerchug.gif

Take the money and run! If you show the insurance company all the recipts for that bike, i doubt they will total it! Ive deal with them quite often, and if you can show proof of value, i really dont think that they will total it!
But worst case and they did total it, take the money and send to me, and ill build you one scary busa!  
firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif
Haven't had the opportunity to talk with them yet, but I am hoping to get an increased value based upon what has been done to the bike. I have a whole notebook of expense reports and receipts to show them.

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

wow i don't know what I'd do.. but thinking on the lines of keeping and building the ultimate  Baby "J".. with your taste i'm sure she would turn out fantastic. custom colors on the stock paint scheme, oh and can you say after market..  
super.gif

winkold.gif
Thanks, Doyle. I'm sure I'll be coming to you for some possibilities.

Sorry to hear Ken.  I've got a chromed front wheel and miscellaneous other parts.  What do you wanna do dude?  If you decide to hook it back up, then whatever I have is YOURS.  And as always, the parts are FREE.  I gave Kweave the rear wheel earlier this year as a Father's Day gift.  I also still have my front forks that I replaced with the ones I purchased from you a couple years ago.  I will have to look, but I purchased a front fairing-stay off ebay earlier this year for next to nothing.  If I can find it, it's yours man.  Don't let pride or any of that other BS get in the way.  I will be glad to speak of how many times you and others on this site have helped me.  Let's get BabyJ rollin' again.
Still waiting to see all the mods you've done lately. I appreciate the offer, but we'll see how it goes.

Haven't had the opportunity to talk with them yet, but I am hoping to get an increased value based upon what has been done to the bike.  I have a whole notebook of expense reports and receipts to show them.
When I got my bike insured (at the time I bought it new) they told me that if I did any more than $1500.00 in upgrades I would have to notify them of what, and how much money it was, or I would NOT be covered. I asked why, and she said "you can't have a $16,000.00 bike insured for the same price as a $12,000.00 bike". So I asked her if I just didn't report my upgrades what would happen, and she told me, "your payments wouldn't go up, but if something happened it would be handled as a stock bike".
maybe it's different with other insurance companies ?

Haven't had the opportunity to talk with them yet, but I am hoping to get an increased value based upon what has been done to the bike.  I have a whole notebook of expense reports and receipts to show them.
When I got my bike insured (at the time I bought it new) they told me that if I did any more than $1500.00 in upgrades I would have to notify them of what, and how much money it was, or I would NOT be covered. I asked why, and she said "you can't have a $16,000.00 bike insured for the same price as a $12,000.00 bike". So I asked her if I just didn't report my upgrades what would happen, and she told me, "your payments wouldn't go up, but if something happened it would be handled as a stock bike".
I have changed insurance companies since I first bought the bike. No inspection or pictures to show current state required, but I did tell them that the bike was no longer stock. Guess we'll see.
biggrin.gif

Well I talked with Patty and Steve Smithers tonite and got the news about Baby J. Price quote for getting her back to pre-accident shape is around $10k. Time to talk to the insurance company and see what they will do. Decision time cometh soon and I don't know if I will like how it turns out.

I have changed insurance companies since I first bought the bike.  No inspection or pictures to show current state required, but I did tell them that the bike was no longer stock.  Guess we'll see.
biggrin.gif
Good luck man, I feel for yuh, I really do !!

Back