Never Before Posted Pics

BigBSBusa

Comin' back stronger than ever!
Donating Member
Registered
Some of you may know that back in May I went down on Baby J during a group ride. She rode and still rides great, but doesn't look so good. Never posted up pics of her after the accident as she has been in the garage ever since. Took her out the other day and thought I'd post up the damage. I will say that the frame slider prevented some more severe damage. She's going under the knife this winter, so we'll see what she looks like in the spring!

21_Oct_07_001.jpg

Ewww ... nasty road rash. At least you're okay and the bike is still rideable.

Question though ... how fast were you going when you went down? I've never seen frame slider bent back like that.

Ewww ... nasty road rash. At least you're okay and the bike is still rideable.

Question though ... how fast were you going when you went down? I've never seen frame slider bent back like that.
It was on the first right-hand sweeper of the ride, so I would guess about 30 MPH.

Man, actually that doesn't look too bad. I guess it could have been alot worse. Atleast YOU were/are okay. Now you can send the plastic to our local board member (the only painter I would recommend) to get that "Custom" look!!

KEN , I was really glad that it wasn't worse, when you went down we had a toyota pick up coming around the corner, Glad to see you are getting it up and fixed again.

KEN , I was really glad that it wasn't worse, when you went down we had a toyota pick up coming around the corner, Glad to see you are getting it up and fixed again.
That's one of those 'glad I didn't know it then' kind of details. It could have been much worse.

Man, actually that doesn't look too bad. I guess it could have been alot worse. Atleast YOU were/are okay. Now you can send the plastic to our local board member (the only painter I would recommend) to get that "Custom" look!!
Just not sure what color/design I would go with other than stock. If anyone has ideas let me know.

I hated seeing the bike being pulled back from the ditch/drop-off as I came up on the corner. It could have turned out worse, but we are all glad it did not.

Glad to see you are going to do it back up.
beerchug.gif

Back