Leathers?

Topic: Leathers?, What ya like and dont like...[/QUOTE]

I like the way they feel.

I don't like the way they feel during a good spanking.

smileyexhibit.gif

WOW! Thanx for all the info people... I should also have asked : best place to get em?

Marc, Cycle gear got good prices on frank thomas? and did you test them once or twice?
wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Just once.:D I am pretty sure you can get in a one or two piece for like $499 and just check when the next sale is. There is always a sale of some kind going on.

Marc

My old leather jacket I got before I started lifting weights, I have grown in the chest a little and the jacket got so fricken tight to put on it was a pain... And lets not even talk about trying to get the fricken thing off.
Uh huh... we all see through your thinly disguised attempt to tell us all how buff you now are.
muscle.gif
muscle.gif
muscle.gif
muscle.gif
muscle.gif

jump9.gif

muscle.gif

muscle.gif

muscle.gif

muscle.gif

I really want Vanson, but the price is just too much for me to part with (I know, I know...it's your skin and there shouldn't be a price on that...)  I'm leaning toward Joe Rocket mesh for the summer heat...and now that Lo's told me she has it, I certainly need to take a closer look!  
tounge.gif

Va wanna be like Lo...'cause she's just awesome...
smile.gif
Cost of a Vanson Custom Suit $800-$2000
Cost of Arai Helmet $400-$750
Cost of Gloves $60-$150
Cost of Sidi Boots $200-$300
Cost of saving your skin from peeling off like an orange peel

PRICELESS!!

Like you said VA, it's your skin, plus Vanson custom makes the leathers for you and even has a line just for women.

Ok why not just get a good mesh set or a good cordura set of riding gear
rock.gif

Yeah I know leather is better but in 90+ summer heat are you really gonna put on a leather suit
rock.gif

Curiousity got the better hold of me on this one. I'm not trying to hijack the thread?

rock.gif

Best place without a doubt to buy yourself some leather... NewEnough.com New Enough

Good people, good prices, excellent service, staff that knows what they are selling... Never had a bad transaction... It's where I will allways buy my gear. Yup they are that damn good...

Yeah I know leather is better but in 90+ summer heat are you really gonna put on a leather suit
rock.gif
I'll wear leathers all summer. Just don't feel right riding without them anymore.

ANY leathers is better than no leathers at all. Even cheapo will still provide some protection.

rock.gif
Dez, I gotta mesh I bought at Laguna last year I wear for just cruzin when it's hot here 90-110' more protection than a t-shirt ...

But when doin a real ride I suit up anyway, I've done beach cruises in Hawaii in shorts and and a ball cap ( no helmet law )
But it feels a little scary.

I have a leather perferated jacket that is cooler than my Joe Rocket textile so I will be lookin for leathers with alotta air flow.
thumbs-up.gif

ANY leathers is better than no leathers at all.  Even cheapo will still provide some protection.
"Cheapo" LEATHERS (as in a motorcycle specific set of full leathers) provide plenty of protection.
Really, the only difference between a cheaper set of leathers and a more expensive set are fit and finish. The biggest cost difference is that the more expensive stuff is cut to fit you, not some generic person. Now I'm not talkin' no-nome generic stuff or the leather jackets you get at a mall, but cheaper motorcycle leather sets such as Teknic, Joe rocket and others that are $350-600 vs. Custom leathers from Vanson, Bates etc. The other advantage the expensive stuff has is like Vanson's dual zipper stuff that makes putting them on and taking them off easier. But the protection is still there. They all use competition weight leather and additional padding and layers in the necessary places.

Now the stuff you get at Wilson's in the mall, well its barely better than denim. The motorcycle specific textile stuff is better than Mall leather.

if u have the correct body for them to fit off the shelf.. Taichi. i got a set and i love them but i dont have the correct proportions so its a little long.. a lot of my friends have Z leathers out of huntington beach but theres a new plac`e called DVX leathers good quality from what i understand and have talked to the guy. they start at like 700.. then add like $45 for double stitching another 45 for triple stitching.. and get this they offer a warranty on leathers! for like 150 if u crash and tear them up they will fix them for no additional charge. i believe they use 1.4 or 1.5 leather. they are trying to get their name out there and make a quality product for the fraction of the price.. z leathers is just so damn expensive. dvx is located in moreno valley ca

Joe Rocket or AGV are your best bet for combination of quality/price/style. Mine is perforated leather/textile and I love it but I wish I had a waterproof version as well for when the weather turns bad. I really want a full leather jacket too but in reality it will not get worn very much so I am not sure. Really the Joe Rocket Alter Ego is the way to go becuase it is 3 jackets in one. Very nice.

Now if you have the cash, go Dainese or Vanson.

Perferated wont always be ok if track play is in your future.Some will allow and there are those that wont.

Hey Lo I have just the thing ,in your size as well. Getting off I mean back to the leather I have Hein Gericke jacket extreemly comfortable good protection and well ventilated a Fieldsheer that you can wear in any weather it has a liner and a zip off vest to make it fully perforated except for the sleeves.A Vanson BUSA jacket I love and My full leathers are Joe Rocket Speedmaster 1pc.I also own a JR 3/4  4.0Ballistic jacket ,JR 3.0 Meteor jacket and a JR  Pheonix mesh jacket.I tend to like Joe Rocket products because of fit ,price and protection.The next leather will be a custom Bates or Vanson
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|jetset
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077984558 -->

Ok, I was looking for a compro site I used to have saved but couldnt find it. It listed all kinds of articles about equipt, oil techiques... anyway it had denim vs. Textile vs Leather and showed length of slide before breaking through material. I dont remember exactly but it was like :
Denim 2ft
Textile with armor 25 ft
Leather with armor 150 ft

somethin like that
I'll see if I can find it

December's Friction Zone had an article about the sliding coefficient's of different materials.

Crash Science
Standards for Body Armor

October 2003
Forces in Abrasion Physics
The last few articles in the Crash Science series have generated numerous emails and questions regarding forces, protection against injury, and comparison of different types of clothing. Several readers' questions involved abrasion—namely how abrasion forces affect the severity of injury to the rider, as well as how it can be reduced with the right protective gear. In this article, we will try to explain, in simple terms, the various forces associated with abrasion, the kind of damage they do, and how to protect against them…

<!--EDIT|Sane_man
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078076957 -->

Back