Leathers?

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Hey Gang, I am definately gettin new leathers this year. So share plz the likes & dislikes of what u have... I am lookin for quality, comfort & price ( not too much to ask ...
biggrin.gif
)

I currently have Joe Rocket textiles, also perf leather jacket, and a pair of draggin jeans with armor.

Thanx - Kent

If you want real comfort and some real cool leathers, the Vanson vented leathers are great. However, the prices aren't cheap. $800 for coat and pants which zip together. Personally, I like the Joe Rocket textile Ultra Ego jacket. It's not leather, but it has full armor, a liner and an outer shell which is completely removable. Essentially 3 jackets in one. I like the fit and virsatility the best of the riding stuff I have.

Hey kent this is a sneaking way to post a Poll in another area.
wow.gif

Best i like for wrm weather is Joe Rocket Mesh jacket and pants. They are proven as strong as leather.

I really like my Teknic leaqther jacket that I just bough. Wore it around south Florida at night.

Vanson I love the perf jacket Grey it will wear for ever. however it does not match my bike now that I painted it.

I really like my Fieldsheer Super Sport leather jacket. Zip-out liner, padding, removeable armor, side adjusting waist straps, and the sleeves are actually long enough to cover my arms when I'm leaning forward. Zip open vents on the front for ram air cooling! Has zipper for pants which I don't have. Got at helmetharbor for 290 shipped--great jacket for reasonable price.

I like the ones that are soft and don't hurt your wrists if tied tight.....oh, my bad.... you weren't referring to those type leathers were ya??? Sorry!
wow.gif

Joe Rocket all the way!!! Affordable and comfortable. Dainese has a nice set (jacket/pants that zip together) too with lots of armour and a new mesh type material that's supposed to protect as good as if not better than leather. But they are CRAZY expensive. I only have the jacket at this point. Maybe one day I'll get the pants to go with it!
sad.gif

Lo

<!--EDIT|LoBusa
Reason for Edit: "none of yer bizness..."|1077729347 -->

I really want Vanson, but the price is just too much for me to part with (I know, I know...it's your skin and there shouldn't be a price on that...) I'm leaning toward Joe Rocket mesh for the summer heat...and now that Lo's told me she has it, I certainly need to take a closer look!
tounge.gif

Va wanna be like Lo...'cause she's just awesome...
smile.gif

FRANK THOMAS!!! They fit well and they are armored with CE armor. They crash well. I know I tested them.

Marc

I like what ever fits and doesn't have a raised collar in the back(neck). For the money, on the cheaper side, I think Teknic are a good value. If ya got the cash, then I'd go either Barnicle Bills or Vanson. They are absolutely top quality product.

If you want a good Jacket...one that has proven to have saved my hide. I would go with AGV Hayabusa Leather Jacket. Here is a pic of what was left of mine during my accident back in December.
face7.gif

AGV_Jacket.JPG

I really want Vanson, but the price is just too much for me to part with (I know, I know...it's your skin and there shouldn't be a price on that...)  I'm leaning toward Joe Rocket mesh for the summer heat...and now that Lo's told me she has it, I certainly need to take a closer look!  
tounge.gif

Va wanna be like Lo...'cause she's just awesome...
smile.gif
Watch the Spring coming up and Fall sale. Really can have some great buys.

First Gear, my two piece was $590 plus tax have all of the protection in the right places, I know because I went down in it. Took it to a leather shop to have a couple of things stiched and to buff out the scrapes and it looks good. First Gear has an excellent warrenty on their zippers and stiches. If they come apart on their own (No help from going down) then they will fix it free of charge.:cool:

I have the AGV Hayabusa Jacket also and I like it and the fit. I hope I have better luck with it than you flyboy.  

wow.gif

I like the way the leather feels when you are laying on hot asphalt and it is protecting you from your skin melting.... oh wait,, bad flash back....

Not sure what to say other than my experience, make sure the stuff is easy to get on and off, if it isn't you will find yourself often not wanting to hassle with it and either jump in the car for a store run instead of the bike or not go at all, or go with out dressing out..

My old leather jacket I got before I started lifting weights, I have grown in the chest a little and the jacket got so fricken tight to put on it was a pain... And lets not even talk about trying to get the fricken thing off.. Gawd I hated to even think about putting the leathers on..

Now with my new jacket it is easy to get on and off, no sweat

So to reiterate.. what ever you get, make sure it is comfortable and easy to get on and off

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077758758 -->

I have 2-piece Spidi Leathers. I only wish the jacket was longer in the back when you wear it alone. When leaned over you get a draft.

The pants could use another zipper because sometimes a fella needs to make an adjustment or get in there deep to scratch an itch.
jump9.gif

I have an HJC jacket that I like an awful lot. It saved me when I went down. It has the removable armor, venting, removable liner and adjustable waist straps. When I went down, only a little scuff on the shoulder that you can't hardly even see. My pants are Teknics, Thunder Pants, I think. I don't know how they'd hold up in a spill, I wish I had them on when I went down, maybe save me the stitches in the knee.

They are both pretty comfortable except the pants do get a little warm in the summer. Both of them were reasonably priced.

If you want a good Jacket...one that has proven to have saved my hide. I would go with AGV Hayabusa Leather Jacket. Here is a pic of what was left of mine during my accident back in December.  
face7.gif
glad to hear it will save me if I bite it... cuz I have that jacket!!

Vanson or Dainese low collar so it is'nt jabbing you in the neck.Armor is a great thing to be able to add.CE approved.Personaly i like hard armor.

Back