Summer is here

busa_bill

Life - tastes like chicken!
Donating Member
Registered
Okay, so who's staying with their leather gear for the summer? Be honest!

Near mid 90's here today, so I ditched my perf leather Vanson for the Joe Rocket Phoenix. A definate downgrade for safety, but helluva lot cooler.
The mildly perf'd leather bottoms are feeling mighty toasty too on my hour commute. Jeans got the call this morning.

Torn between sidelining the bike for awhile and running the risk of rash. I rode all last summer with low grade protection, but don't think I'll risk it this year.

Never owned leather, just a po azz. Stripped the JR Alter Ego out when I returned from the Gap.
super.gif

I thought the required Hayabusa riding gear was shorts, t-shirt, and sandals.

My sandals are leather. Does that count???
firedevil.gif

(Revvv @ Jun. 11 2007,18:57) I thought the required Hayabusa riding gear was shorts, t-shirt, and sandals.

firedevil.gif
free toenail trim through every twistie

jump9.gif

Ive only ridden once without my 05 Icon Neo Daytona jacket since I got it last year. (1/2 ride to the store for a 5th of Jack). It saved my skin during an accident last year. It has minor scrapes, but held up very very well. I'd rather wear my battle scars on my jacket instead of on my back...... I know it's hot, but it's better than rashed. Plus I sweat like a polar bear in the tropic anyway.

(Revvv @ Jun. 11 2007,18:57) I thought the required Hayabusa riding gear was shorts, t-shirt, and sandals.

firedevil.gif
A few days ago I saw a guy in shorts and flip flops. No shirt. No helmet. I was in awe.

(Revvv @ Jun. 11 2007,21:57) I thought the required Hayabusa riding gear was shorts, t-shirt, and sandals.

firedevil.gif
Muhahahahahaha
laugh.gif

(Rylinkus @ Jun. 11 2007,22:02) Ive only ridden once without my 05 Icon Neo Daytona jacket since I got it last year. (1/2 ride to the store for a 5th of Jack). It saved my skin during an accident last year. It has minor scrapes, but held up very very well. I'd rather wear my battle scars on my jacket instead of on my back...... I know it's hot, but it's better than rashed. Plus I sweat like a polar bear in the tropic anyway.

23_30_111.gif

(dadofthree @ Jun. 11 2007,19:06)
(Rylinkus @ Jun. 11 2007,22:02) Ive only ridden once without my 05 Icon Neo Daytona jacket since I got it last year. (1/2 ride to the store for a 5th of Jack). It saved my skin during an accident last year. It has minor scrapes, but held up very very well. I'd rather wear my battle scars on my jacket instead of on my back...... I know it's hot, but it's better than rashed. Plus I sweat like a polar bear in the tropic anyway.
I blame it on bad genetics......

23_30_111.gif

Maybe some of you guys don't have a full hour ride in the summer heat? Maybe some of you guys aren't at risk for a stroke?
laugh.gif

Amazing that you can go full leather regardless of the temp. I guess it depends on how bad you want it!?!?

I've had road rash as a youngster[14]hit pavement at 80mph.6 days in hospital in a whoolpool daily.3rd degree rash.Legs,butt & arms.A good pair of jeans and jeans jacket would have kept me out of the hospital.
Any leather or Textile type gear I would have walked away without a scratch.Helmet save my life,had chunk out of the back of it.A pair of draggin jeans would have kept the rash off my legs.
I just bought this jacket for summer,by Tour Master.Called the intake jacket.Very nice at 90 degrees.Cool to your arms at 70 degrees.Elbows and shoudlers has armor,back is padded.
In all black though................to each his own.

k5.jpg

(BusaWhipped @ Jun. 11 2007,18:32) Always wear full leather.  Sweat wipes off, road rash doesn't.
We all say it will never happen to us, but it happens to someone who said that every day. I vote for protection, full leathers I hate the heat, but rather have the heat than something else.

91 degrees today on the commute, 30 minutes or so. Joe Rocket 2.0 perf leather. If it's too hot for appropriate gear it's too hot to ride.

Just my thoughts.

(Spike @ Jun. 11 2007,19:28) 91 degrees today on the commute, 30 minutes or so. Joe Rocket 2.0 perf leather. If it's too hot for appropriate gear it's too hot to ride.

Just my thoughts.
beerchug.gif

(Spike @ Jun. 11 2007,22:28) 91 degrees today on the commute, 30 minutes or so.  Joe Rocket 2.0 perf leather.  If it's too hot for appropriate gear it's too hot to ride.

Just my thoughts.
I hadn't ridden in a couple of weeks and today I wanted to take a short, less than an hour, ride just to have some fun. At first I just grabbed my jacket and then stopped and thought better of it. Changed from my jeans to Joe Rocket perforated jacket and pants... put on my boots and felt better about the ride. It would be "just my luck" to crater it just going five minutes to the store. PROTECTION!
cool.gif

Last two days it's been 88 F (really nice) and today 93 F (kinda getting HOT) and Yep, I wore my perferated leathers. As long as I'am moving, I feel just fine. Of course when I'am stoped, no matter what I ware I get HOT  
firedevil.gif
. But then, that's just going out of town, through little towns and back into towns. But with leathers on, I feel alot more comfortabe since a potential get off for me, would be at speed  
beerchug.gif

Back