KNOW ANY GOOD COPS?

OB_mbuehler

Registered
A few actually. Outside of Bellevue, WA. Hit a deserted, straight stretch of road and decided to "top it out" for a bit. Sustained 130~ mph for about 5 miles. Slowed back down to 80 and noticed a trooper bearing down on me. Pulled me over, asked how fast I was going "back there". I said near 80, and he replied "No, before that. I've been trying to catch up to you for nearly 4 miles, and I was really on it!" Could've nailed me to the wall, but instead talked to me for a bit and wrote me up for 10 over. Really nice guy, and hell, I deserved it :) If you don't endanger other people or be to flagarant, the police out here are very reasonable. They balance doing there jobs with being human quite nicely.

Was speeding, as usual, on my Honda CB360T in downtown Atlanta on I-20, circa 1976.
A motorcycle cop pulled up beside me in the next lane, startling me - initial reaction: throttle OFF.
He just nodded his head and proceeded quickly on his way.
I laughed my ass off, thankful for not getting a ticket.

What's the best thing a cop ever did for you while you were riding on a bike?

Here's mine: I was speeding with some other riders on a huge beach north of Toronto, Wasaga Beach, and I hydroplaned on a wave and went down. A cop in a car who had been driving fast after us to get rid of us walked into the water in his uniform and helped us pull the bike out.

No anger, no tickets, just a helping hand.

He didn't even give us a lecture. Just asked "Have you fellows had enough of riding on the beach now?"

We knew exactly what he meant and that was the last time we ever pulled that stunt.

Sunnyvale Cop 1983 pulled me over for speeding doing stupid stuff,came over looked in the car said something it's you Cisco,turned around threw his ticket book in his car and told me to get out of there.
1999 going to Laguna Seca races CHP on Hwy 101 came up on my friend and I when we were speeding 140/150+mph,flashed on his lights came next to us same speed 65mph then went to the off ramp didn't pull us over.Had more CHP give me breaks.Thanks CHP's,Like I said it's the Human behind the badge.

Yes, FC, a mix of good and bad as elsewhere.
You probably know something about our Metropolitan Toronto Police force, as they are well respected by other forces around the world.

FC: Looks like not too many Members know too many good cops. And not too much good shite beyond forgiving a ticket or two.

I mean...this thread's dyin'.

I must say though FC that I think you're getting less vehement even if you're not quite good yet.

How am I doin' Frank?

KawAbuser and I are in Anger Management classes. But not together. We'd kill each other.

When I rear-ended a Porsche on my GS1100E, a young CHP was the officer on the scene, and was really cool with me. No tickets or warnings even though I hit the Porsche, just wanted to make sure I was okay. Some wiring got sheared and my bike wouldn't start. He suggested before I have it towed that he help me try to bump start it. We did...he pushed me down the highway on my 1100! We just tried once and I said something was wrong with it, so we quit and I had it towed. Nice guy.

Another one, a Washington Stater pulled me over for going ten over on Interstate 5 (in my car). It was raining so he said to come sit in his patrol car while he ran my license. He asked me what I did, and I said I was a college student and worked as a security guard for Pinkerton's. Just then he got a radio call to respond to a shooting. He said, "I gotta go. Just watch your speed." I don't think he was going to cite me.

Well, I would assume my user name would give it away sooner or later so here goes.
I am really quite laxed on motorcyclists when they are, lets say," blowing out the carbon build up". If they aren't doing something really unsafe and have a clear road ahead, I can sometimes just give them the INDEX finger and kindly ask that they slow down a bit. Most are very thankful and ride off with a new attitude knowing I may have just saved their life or bank account.
However it is very well known that a bad temper or bad attitude will get ya a court date. Not all Cops are sugarbritches regardless of what some people think. Those that get tickets probably deserve them. It's all about being a responsible individual. I deserved the ones I've recieved and with owning a Hayabusa and a ZRX1100 I'm sure I'll be sending the court my share of fun filled fines. Some things just make it so hard to be good all the time.
Twist the throttle wisely, boy's.

Here's an article that illustrates yet another reason why we can't depend on cops. It may also explain the bizarre postings from FakoCop?

BOSTON, Sept. 10 (UPI) - Robert Jordan filed a federal lawsuit three years ago against the police department in New London, Conn., because his application to become a police officer was rejected.
The reason: He was too smart.
The rejection was upheld this week by U.S. District Court Judge Peter Dorsey. He said it was reasonable for the department to reject someone who scores too high on a screening test.
New London Police Chief Bruce Rinehart is hailing that decision. He says in today's Boston Globe that police work, "believe it or not, is a boring job." Rinehart says that "certain people" can't accept being involved in a boring occupation, and "either the day they come in they want to be chief of police, or they become very frustrated and leave."
Jordan, along with some 500 applicants, in 1996 took the so-called Wonderlic screening test, a 12-minute intelligence test that recommends minimum and maximum scoring levels for particular jobs. The acceptable range for police officers was a score between 20 and 27 out of a possible 50 points. Jordan scored 33, well above the
range.
Jordan, 48, of Waterford, who has worked as an insurance salesman, a security guard and at a prison, filed his federal lawsuit in 1997.
He said when he learned his application was rejected, he inquired why and was told, "'We don't like to hire people with too high an IQ to be cops in this town."'
Jordan said a city official told him that there was "nothing more boring than driving around in a police cruiser all day, and no one with any smarts would want to do the job."
It was not immediately known if Jordan would appeal further.

You know the saying FC, "When guns are outlawed, only cops will own guns".
That's not a country I want to live in. I don't trust you guys any farther than I can throw you.

Good cop(s) in Central Florida:

(2) Volusia County Sheriff's deputies nailed me for 55 in a 35. Both were motorcycle cops. Not much of an offense, but it would have been a $147.00 ticket. Instead, they gave me a "failure to use eye protection" ticket for $30.00... Never mind that the full-face helmet was on, iridium, shield down.

Cop: "So, how fast does that thing go?"

Response: "Your Doppler radar gun doesn't produce a pitch that high."

Bad Cop(s):

DeLand,FL city cops (allegedly) screwing prostitutes, drinking beer, and video taping themselves during a "sting." Funny, the department took 30 days to begin an investigation in order to first find out if the officers had broken the law. (Yeah, you heard that right. Before the investigation.)

BTW: If you're local to the Orlando area, be on the lookout for a silver Grand Prix. It's unmarked, dark tint, normal license plates. Good cop story: pulled me over avoiding rush hour traffic in the emergency lane (75+) and just politely asked me to stop doing it.

I've had good luck with law enforcement for the most part. I think from now on I'd rather just not find out.

Todd,,even though you're a Complete Idiot,,no one should ever rely on the Police to protect You or be there in Time. shoot the punk yourself..but make it A Good Shoot.

BTW...Duty weapon Sig-226,,Off duty anything we Want & qualify with..Off duty Gun of the week is Sig-229 in .357 Sig

161 ®

[This message has been edited by FalconCOP161 (edited 10 September 1999).]

[This message has been edited by FalconCOP161 (edited 10 September 1999).]

We have a varied source of armaments to choose from including a S&W 9mm, S&W 10mm, Government 380, Beretta 380, 44 mag Desert Eagle, CAR-15, AK Bullpup and an HK-91(308)I gave my Winchester .22 semi-auto to my son but borrowed it long enough to pop an armadillo in my yard last Mon night. Most of these are overkill for the average low-life I may encounter but it never hurts to be prepared. My wife prefers the Beretta 380 and I prefer the S&W 9mm with high capacity mag on the road and the S&W 10mm (stainless!) at home. BTW - I've scored pretty well on IQ tests so the only complete idiot here would be the one who scored low enough to pass the entrance exam to be a cop.

ps - I hit 182 last night on my Busa with complete immunity. That's right NO cops. I checked the stretch beforehand and then I enjoyed a glorious full throttle romp through five gears and up to 180+ in 6th. Got about 3 quick miles in before I felt like slowing down again.

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 10 September 1999).]

I beg to differ, I have met Todd in person, he is a good guy. Don't know how you can pass judgement w/o every meeting a person. Not logical, not good thinking.

If you are after the spot left by CyberJose, you win, except I'm sure you don't look 1/2 as good. as her.

My opinion; cops need all the good PR they can get. A lot of people hate them, that's a fact. I'm not one.

When FC posts, "I speed all the time...cops don't get tickets", he isn't helping their image or his own. Everybody goes fast on these bikes, and cops probably do enjoy some slack. But cops have the public trust.

FC sounds arrogant enough to be willing to abuse that trust, and that rubs a lot of people the wrong way. That is taking FC's word that he is a cop, and not a cop-wannabe. I've known a few of those.

If I was walking on the street at night and saw a cop making a traffic stop, and he got rushed by a couple of hoodlums, I'd be the one person in a hundred to charge over and jump in to help the cop, FC.

And just so you are clear on things, I pay taxes. Those taxes make up your paycheck. When I need a cop, I'll call a cop, thank you. But how about "call 911, get an outlaw in a uniform"? My point is that there are enough bad apples in uniform that you don't have a lot of room to be cocky, even if you are a good one. You need to be an ambassador.

Damn FC, now your knee jerks again and you call Todd an idiot. Pull your head out.

FalconCop's nickname is Barney Fife.
FC, you really are a lightweight.

Mr.Bear Thats one of the "Dumbest",Most Idiotic Things I've Ever heard. Oh and who Gives a SH*t what you think.

Call an outlaw next time you need the police..and in your life time..you'll need the Cops at one point or another..Idiot ))

161 ®

Back