is this a good deal for having my bike dyno-tuned, please read?

i called this place about a hour drive away from where i live because its has the only load equipped dyno anywhere near me, plus they're really good with fuel injection. i'm getting the stainless steel micron, bmc with airbox mod and a pc2. they said $475.00cnd (about $325.00us)to dyno tune it and set it up for these parts and mods. does this sound ok?

maniac

i just don't want to be taken to the cleaners i don't know too much about dyno tuning, i just need to know if this sounds ok to you that have had your bike worked on. these guys sound pretty good when i talked to them on the phone but there's no places to compare prices to around here, so if it sounds good or bad let me know please.

this place is great to get info, if not for this site and all you guys i wouldn't know where to turn and who to ask! thanks

maniac

You could probably save about half of that, if you install the pipe, and do airbox cut out, yourself. While you got the plastic off, you could throw in an oil change. After that, you can let the dyno guys do their thing.

Maniac are you saying that's the charge to install the parts then dyno tune it? If so that's probably an OK price but still steep if you ask me.

But if it's just for the dyno tuning it's outrageous. That setup is not complex to tune. Go to Jeff at Brampton Cycle in Brampton. He's very experienced with Busas in all stages of tune, charges $75 an hour for dyno tuning, and you can stand there with him for the whole process and make decisions with him.

You can use my graph there as a baseline. I bet he'll do it in 1 1/2 hours.

Back