Ideal Air/Fuel Ratio for dyno tune

hayabusapower

Registered
I'm getting my 2006 Hayabusa dyno tuned next week. My mods are Full TRS yoshimura exhaust, BMC raceair filter, airbox mod, short velocity stackand and Bazzaz ZFI. What is the best Air/Fuel Ratio target in my bazzaz software?

I'm getting my 2006 Hayabusa dyno tuned next week. My mods are Full TRS yoshimura exhaust, BMC raceair filter, airbox mod, short velocity stackand and Bazzaz ZFI. What is the best Air/Fuel Ratio target in my bazzaz software?
there is no magic number. some cells are going to want a different A/F than the cell next to it
the key is to make it run smooth.

the best example I can give on a Honda sportbike ( won't name type) it needed 9.5:1 in one cell and the cell next to it was 14.2:1

14.7:1 is optimum for a gasoline engine. In my experience with NA motors, you never tune to more than 12.5:1 or 13:1 max. Running lean is very bad and leads to knock. Those ratios give you a little slop to compensate for altitude and fuel changes.

With MAP turbo systems you can push it more because you largely take air density out of the equation.

Ya need to remember that the ram air effect will lean out the mixture some so ya need to tune slightly richer on the dyno to get the #'s ya want on the street...er, track :whistle:

Back