just got a $100 ticket

scene of the crime. been parking there just like that for over two years.

crimescene.JPG

I got a verbal thrashing last week from my wife for refering to a busload of handicapped kids as "balloon holders".....or was it "window lickers"......??....I forget.....

you might check the legal definition of a handicap spot. In NC they can put signs up all they want but if the spot isn't painted blue its not a "legal" spot. I'm not sure about the "extra room" spots, but if its supposed to be painted white or blue and its yellow, maybe a technical snag. Something to check anyway. www.findlaw.com might have some info on it. Good luck with it, in the end its gonna cost you more to fight it than pay it
sad.gif

I got a verbal thrashing last week from my wife for refering to a busload of handicapped kids as "balloon holders".....or was it "window lickers"......??....I forget.....
I can't imagine why... I suppose if I had a "window licking" child I'd probably hafta smack a person in the mouth for saying it..

I can't imagine why...   I suppose if I had a "window licking" child I'd probably hafta smack a person in the  mouth for saying it..
which is why I'm glad she's around to keep me in check....sometimes trying to be funny can be crude.....but I always try to be respectful and kind. I remember that I had heard those expressions on the radio and found it amusing....but really it's not, and she reminded me of that.

Wasn't being cute, Ego....just admitting that we can all stand to watch what we say.

Maybe they wont fine you if you can prove YOUR handicapped.

Go into court, twitch and drool a little and have your lawyer explain you have “Busa Syndromeâ€￾.

He can tell the judge that:

Treatment can be very expensive
It can cause family problems
If not handled correctly it can cause serious injury
Can cause accelerated heartbeat and weakness of the knees
Is a life long problem
And is possibly genetic

You’ll be a shoe in!
laugh.gif

In order to issue a citation for a parking violation here (TN) the zone in this case Handicap must be properly marked...It must have a posted sign and must be properly marked on the lot...If both of those do not exist then a parking violation has not been commited...Check your area for these items...
evil.gif

In order to issue a citation for a parking violation here (TN) the zone in this case Handicap must be properly marked...It must have a posted sign and must be properly marked on the lot...If both of those do not exist then a parking violation has not been commited...Check your area for these items...  
evil.gif
Come on STUNNAH...you could have thrown a cheap shot in there somewhere.
laugh.gif

Sir, Yes Sir!

Here's the sad part:  because of this officer's handling of this with his efforts to "help" our handicapped citizens, the corporation that owns the building and land has evaluated that we have too many handicapped spaces per occupancy and will most likely REDUCE the number of spaces available to limpers in the immidate future.   maybe even turning it into CYCLE only parking.  Nice functional society here isn't it?  
smile.gif
Limpers??? Holy crap, here come the crusaders......you're on your own, buddy.......

PS: I never park in handicap areas, but don't hesitate to use the sidewalk.
BAH!  Fug Em'  Short Bus Window Lickers!!!!  Here Here!  All Hail The Water HEADS!   Now lets all feel real sorry for ourselves for being able bodied....  Fug Me...

I mean hell we all ride, we are all doing everything we can to Cripple ourselves, what the hell else do they want?

No Touchy feely Boo hooing about the FAT FUGGING BLOATED waste of space and air that Park in the Handicapped spaces.  To damn bloated to even walk to the door like a human!  

Or How about the punk ass kids driving the Fat fuggers vehicle around then hanging them special signs on the rear view so they can park close then jog into the store...  GIVE ME A BREAK!  Say about 5-10% of the porulation is actually physically handicapped, and need a decent parking spot.  The Rest?  Too old to be driving or TOO FAT to actually be allowed to park close... HELL They NEED the exercise...  
smile.gif

on another note, when I am running around the town, I'll park the Busa on Sidewalks right up against the building usually.  I usually try to find the bike racks, and I'll park at the end of those, just too be cute.   Going to my local Best Buy is fun though, it invilves a decent 100yrd dash down the sidewalk to the bike rack near their doors.  Haven't had a complaint yet...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094146564 -->

smile.gif

Dang Revlis, let it rip, man!! yer killin me lately!! hahaahaha

The 'parking spot' is clearly marked with a blig blue sign and the ground has a wheelchair symbol. I just didn't know the yellow striped area is actually PART of that spot or I would have never parked there. I cleared the parking with my HR department and fully believed I was not infringing on anything.

After further consideration, knowing I set the pace for the other motorcyclists here, if we end up paying anything in the end, I am going to pay the fine of my friend who was also cited yesterday.

Today I parked in the Visitors Parking directly in front of the main door. Much closer than where we used to park.
smile.gif

visitor.JPG

You know...I just thought of something.........

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Why are you trusting the HR people ? ? ?</span></span>

laugh.gif

BAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA good point. They know the building and company policy, I thought

I park there all the time at dept. stores etc. to prevent parking too far from view. Guess I'm due for one then, because I'll cont to park there as long as I'm not blocking the ramp. Sorry bro.

I can't imagine why...   I suppose if I had a "window licking" child I'd probably hafta smack a person in the  mouth for saying it..
which is why I'm glad she's around to keep me in check....sometimes trying to be funny can be crude.....but I always try to be respectful and kind. I remember that I had heard those expressions on the radio and found it amusing....but really it's not, and she reminded me of that.

Wasn't being cute, Ego....just admitting that we can all stand to watch what we say.
oh that didn't go over right.. I didn't mean to be pointing fingers or whatnot.

haha. I meant for it to be like.. yup, you should listen to the wife. ..

sorry.

Oh and I am just bitching.... Heck, Park up on the sidewalk bro...

oh that didn't go over right.. I didn't mean to be pointing fingers or whatnot.

haha. I meant for it to be like.. yup, you should listen to the wife.    ..

sorry.
like the song said....."communication breakdown".......it's all good, Ego....

Now then, whats a TRE??

Dang Revlis, let it rip, man!! yer killin me lately!! hahaahaha

The 'parking spot' is clearly marked with a blig blue sign and the ground has a wheelchair symbol. I just didn't know the yellow striped area is actually PART of that spot or I would have never parked there. I cleared the parking with my HR department and fully believed I was not infringing on anything.

After further consideration, knowing I set the pace for the other motorcyclists here, if we end up paying anything in the end, I am going to pay the fine of my friend who was also cited yesterday.

Today I parked in the Visitors Parking directly in front of the main door. Much closer than where we used to park.
smile.gif
I was just curious to what you thought the yellow marks were for?

Alien spacecraft landing zone? You should see the fine for parking on one of those!
laugh.gif

I never really considered the area NEXT to handicapped parking spaces. Why not just make the SPACE itself much larger? I thought it was a don't park here part of normal parking lot spacing and since we'd reallocated the other handicapped spots up front to visitors but not changed the yellow lines parts, firgured it was part of that her in our private building parking lot. I KNOW I am wrong NOW, And feel bad about it. I just wish he would have warned us first.

It's really hard for regular, nice citizens to know abosultelty every angle of every law. I totally thought I [we] were just fine. Like I keep saying, I NEVER would think about EVER parking in a handicapped spot. I respect those and it irks me when I see peeps with no sticker WALKING right in.

Oh well.

In VA, this ticket costs you an automatic $250 (if my memory serves me correct) and can be higher.
I think it is still $250. This state likes to make money, they don't care about the residents and their safety when you're on the interstate and some ass runs you off the road because they didn't have the sense to get their butt out the door 5 min sooner!  
rant.gif

Whew, feels good to get that out!  
tounge.gif

the majority of the time people are taking advantage of the handicap spots anyway and doctors hand them out like vitamins! Besides I would rather pay a ticket sometimes then worrying about some fukknutt parking over my bike!

Oh well...

When I parked my gixxer in a fire lane for about one minute to drop of a blockbuster video when I was walking in the cop was walking out... I managed to get back to my bike before he even got a chance to come to my bike... When I was putting my helmet on he pulled up and flashed his lights. So I turned and looked at him after I took my helmet back off. He motioned me to come here so I walked up to his window.

"Is that your bike?" he said

thinking to myself "naw I stole it tard what do you think?" but I said "yes sir"

"youre lucky I was just about to write you a $45 dollar ticket for parking in a fire zone!"

I said "Oh, well I apologize sir I just dont like parking in regular parking spots because I have a friend who had is bike ran over by someone!" ( true story )

then he pointed at the sign and said "does that sign say 'NO PARKING EXCEPT MOTORCYCLES' buddy?"

I said "no it doesnt I get the point sorry" and started to walk away.

" HEY! WHERE YOU GOING?"

So i came back.

"Either ya get the lecture or ya get the $45 dollar ticket!"

Then I got annoyed because I was being polite to this guy and he was talking to me like I was his 13 year old son or something!

So i said "Look officer you might as well just go ahead and right the ticket and ill go sit on my bike and wait because I would rather fork over $45 for a parking ticket that wont effect my insurance than worry about some crackhead that you cant keep off the street running over my $8k motorcycle! I dont need a lecture, so either ya give me the ticket or just say 'hey guy dont park their' and leave it at that! Besides what are you doing stopping at a blockbuster in the middle of a shift anyway? So go ahead and waste your time and write a meesly parking ticket while a drug deal goes down or someone gets SHOT!"

Now I must a struck a chord with this guy or he realized that he was just being a bobo! But... he said

"fine just dont park here again got it?"

"yes sir"

biggrin.gif

Besides even if there was a fire it would take more than a few minutes for the fire folks to get there!

Back