Is this retarded or am I???

Wait...you argued the point with someone at their DMV? :rofl:

Um...I'm thinking it'd be (if posed here in Cali) left of center. None of the other riders should pass the slow moving vehicle until they can regain their place in the staggered formation... Indeed, until there is enough room between the lead bike and the vehicle being overtaken, they should stay behind the SMV but take the #1 position, left of center.

Ergo: Rider #2 should not pass the SMV until he could take right-of-center, his rightful place in (Cali's) riding rules of the road.

But that's here. :whistle:

Read the whole question Scar, it was posed as the other riders pass with you, doesn't waiting in place or not. they make it sound as if the other riders go with

Last edited:
... as I, the lead bike begins the pass, the others will fall in suit right behind me,...

They are not supposed to pass or follow you, UNTILL they are sure you have passed "safely" and you stay in that lane so they can see that.

By others following the leader into a passing lane, this is how bikers get killed every year. Cagers get scared when mutable bikes pull out and pass like you described. Then they pull out thinking you guys are going to surround them.

You should not pass, until YOU know it is safe. The best way to know when it is safe is when you see that lead bike in the lane and advancing.

If you are the lead and you pass another vehicle and don't realize you need to get far enough ahead of the slower vehicle to allow your group to get safely out of the passing lane you have no business leading a group of riders.

If you are the lead and you pass another vehicle and don't realize you need to get far enough ahead of the slower vehicle to allow your group to get safely out of the passing lane you have no business leading a group of riders.

I agree. Not all experienced riders are good leaders.

Read the whole question Scar, it was posed as the other riders pass with you, doesn't waiting in place or not. they make it sound as if the other riders go with

Sure, they say all riders pass, but it doesn't say they all pass at the same time...which may be where the trick lies.

They are not supposed to pass or follow you, UNTILL they are sure you have passed "safely" and you stay in that lane so they can see that.

By others following the leader into a passing lane, this is how bikers get killed every year. Cagers get scared when mutable bikes pull out and pass like you described. Then they pull out thinking you guys are going to surround them.

You should not pass, until YOU know it is safe. The best way to know when it is safe is when you see that lead bike in the lane and advancing.

Very intersting theory and I could concur with that.

No pun intended....FYI....."mutable", multiple:laugh:

Right! But, we are talking about Illinois...:laugh:

Sure, they say all riders pass, but it doesn't say they all pass at the same time...which may be where the trick lies.

Exactly, this was one of my arguments with them. The whole question was to open ended for any number of answers.

I'm with this guy. I take left of center, leaving room behind me for other riders to get back in line.

And we ride Busas. Aren't all other vehicles "slower Vehicles".:laugh::poke:

Exactly, this was one of my arguments with them. The whole question was to open ended for any number of answers.

Assuming you worded it exactly as it was on the test I think it is fine. It says slower vehicle. That implies slower than the posted speed not slower than you. As the lead rider you must consider your group when you think about passing so you better be able to get far enough ahead to give your group room to pass as well. You want to be left of center to be visible to both your group and on comming traffic.

so now we need to know, did you pass the test? or was this the one that put you over the edge of a fail?

WOW, thanks for the phuckin vote of confidence. As it would be, this is the ONLY question I got wrong. But I ain't done yet, not to fear you all will know what the correct answer (according to IL) is by tomorrow at the latest. I've got few C's, and a few A's, I just want to get a few more and see where we end up. The bottom line to this STUPID AZZ question tho is gonna be that it CANNOT be properly answered (IMO) without more facts of the "situation" at hand!!!

They LOVE to phuck with your head. that is what it is about.

Do you know what they call the doctor who grad at the bottom of the class?

doctor. who cares how many you got wrong, as long as you pass!!!
I did not grad at top of my fire academy, but I can still save your azz from a burning house.

They LOVE to phuck with your head. that is what it is about.

Do you know what they call the doctor who grad at the bottom of the class?

doctor. who cares how many you got wrong, as long as you pass!!!
I did not grad at top of my fire academy, but I can still save your azz from a burning house.

where the hell were you when I burned my parents house down in '88????:laugh:

I'd like to solve the puzzle Alex.

"Dont try to figure out Govt logic........"

Whooooo Hoooooo.....:cheerleader::cheerleader:

Back