Hayabusa crash in Frederick, Maryland on 270 (6/29)

B00ST00

Registered
I was traveling northbound on 270 and just passed the exit for RT.80 (Urbana) when I saw a white/blue 09 busa crash. The rider slid to the median while his bike slid to the shoulder. He was up taking his jacket off almost immediatly after he stopped sliding. I believe he made contact with a stake body truck but there were about five cars in between us so im not exactly sure. I hope he realizes how lucky he was to be walking away from a crash on 270 and considers changing his riding style atleast around others. This individual had been lane splitting prior to the urbana exit where 270 is 3 lanes. I know this because I moved over in the lane I was traveling which was the far right lane to give him some room when I saw him using the lane and passing the car behind me before passing me. I know there are a few people who are local to this area and just wondering if anyone knows who it is.

Hope he's ok.

That whole area is a motorcycle nightmare. I don't miss one thing about drving that nasty 270 corridor. Good riddence to that and the 495 loop. :pullhair:

Don't know who it might've been.

Hope he's OK.

Hope he learned a lesson.

Tough enough to get home in one piece without "questionable" riding in the mix.

Anyone heard from Lycan? I think he just got an '09 white and he lives kind of in that area-ish.

Maybe I'll try ringing him up... :whistle:

Sorry to hear it. Have we heard from all of our Maryland brothas?

Anyone heard from Lycan? I think he just got an '09 white and he lives kind of in that area-ish.

Maybe I'll try ringing him up... :whistle:

Good call, Lycan did just get a white Busa, and I hope this rider is Okay, and not our Lycan!

Did you get in touch with him?

Bubba

Good call, Lycan did just get a white Busa, and I hope this rider is Okay, and not our Lycan!

Did you get in touch with him?

Bubba

Yep. I left a v/m at 4:15-ish (local) right after I posted here and he replied by text. Good to go.

Thanks for the update.
Glad it was not our Lycan.:beerchug:
Bubba

Yeah Im good Bubba, I don't know anyone else around here from the Org with a white 09 either...I checked on a few peeps myslerf last night and veryone I know of is ok:thumbsup:

A reminder of reality,,,caution,,,I have rode for better than 32 yrs,,im 04 in Richmond Va,,in 5 oclock traffic,,3 lanes everrone speeding..I wasnting splitting lanes,,but i was changeing lanes like I was playing a video game,,,,I quit splitting lanes 25 years ago,,it is reckless,,,,any way while coming home from work in Va,,3 lanes of traffic,,Im booking and monitoring traffic and timeing the lights to catch all greens,,,and out of no where,a guy coming the other way, makes a left hand turn in front of me and runs the light,,My light was green,,,,I teeboned his truck at the passenger door ,,i was on a 650lb v-max,,Happened so fast I last remember that I had to do the obvious,,lock up both front and back brakes to slow the impact,,,you cant avoid the wreck,,I was right on top of him doing 60 mph,I didnt even have time to let off the throttle nor hit the brakes,,thats how quick he came out of no where ,,,It put me in the trauma unit with multable boke bones everywhere,,,Case point,,,,drive like no one can see you,,,,It used to be very hard no to drive aggressive,,,But God spared me,and for the guy who recently wrecked and walked away,,,God was with him too,,,,,ps...After my wreck..i was layed up with a boat load of injuries,,in pain and hateing life,,,the guy had no insurance,,I lost my job,,I was busted up and my bike was toast,,,,The kid who ran the light ,,the cops informd me he had nothing,,broke,,,a wife and i think a new kid,,the beatup pick up with a camper shell that I cut in half is all he had,,I was mad,,but didnt go to court,,God touched my heart to let it go,,,,,point is,,a week after my wreck,,I saw on the Local news that a 19 yr old hit a mini van in the rear and it killed himon the spot,,,,,,,,,My gift was that God had spared my life once again,,,and it calmed me aggressive driveing skills down,,,I wasnt splittinng lanes,,but aggessive yes,,,I took for granted that everyone could see me,,all that skill I had meant nothing,,,,,Now I ride ,,slow down thru GREEN lights looking both ways,,,PS one of my main petpeeves is People who use cell phones while driveing,,theres been dozens of times that people have pulled right out in front of me while talking on the phone,,and the salt to this injury is,,,,They dont even throw up their hand to apologize when they see what they just did,,,,,,Too woried about their phone call than that they almost made me eat asphalt.........

DJ (sageronin) is in Frederick MD, but of all his toys, I don't think he has a blue/white '09...

I'll send him a quick msg though...

Back