Fire Lane is for Fire Stuff

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
I'm getting really sick of people parking in the fire lanes. It's bad enough when people park there to return movies at Blockbuster or to wait for their wife who's shopping at the grocery store. It really ticks me off when trucks deliver in the fire lane. But this morning took the cake. I pulled up to McDonald's to get a bagel and there's a car in the drive thru lane, with a gap of 3 car lengths between her and the next vehicle. She's not moving at all. So I buzz around her and take my place in line. Next thing I know, she's getting out of the car and walking into the restaurant! She parked in the the drive thru lane!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Every time I think I've seen the worst of laziness and inconsiderate behavior, someone steps up and shows me that I ain't seen nothing yet!

Dude dont let that little stuff get your blood boiling, things like that is why we have karma.

about 3 years ago some tools (yes there was more then one) parked in a fire lane at the grocery store....store fire alarm goes off....fire dept. pushes all 3 vehicles out of the way with that 4 foot bumper on the front, and smashes them...cops come out and write tickets to all 3 while the cars where getting towed away...judge ruled city didnt have to pay for damages in law suit 3 mo later...and instead fined all 3 people 5k

but on the other hand..i find it funny when people pull over for emergency vehicles when they are driving on the other side of the road where there is an island or ditch that would prevent them from coming into our side of traffic flow..thus in no way would it be possible for you to be in their way

Last edited:
I know....I should just let it slide, but I see so much of it. ???

Spank your child in public 30 years ago and you were a good parent and your child turned out pretty decent typically. Do the same thing today and your going to get glares from everyone around you or on the evening news via surveillance camera and being sought.

These are the people that are either the product of that upbringing or are advocates for no corporal punishment.

:banghead:

I'm right there with you Vonderbach!

Spank your child in public 30 years ago and you were a good parent and your child turned out pretty decent typically. Do the same thing today and your going to get glares from everyone around you or on the evening news via surveillance camera and being sought.

These are the people that are either the product of that upbringing or are advocates for no corporal punishment.

:banghead:

I'm right there with you Vonderbach!

Good point, you know 150 years ago you could keep slaves also...man how times have changed.

law states in an emergency, if a car is parked in a area, dosent even have to be a fire lane the authorites police, fire what ever can use any means to position the emergency vehical where it needs to be to control the emergency.......no court will order payment for that

I know....I should just let it slide, but I see so much of it. ???

Maybe we should start raising heck about this kind of behavior !

I have no problem telling other rude drivers off.

They have gotten too used to getting away with everything and just don't care anymore.

Recently, an Ambulance was coming up the street and I went to the right and stopped (as is the law) and was almost hit by a guy in a huge truck because he did not want to stop completely. Yeah, he now knows how I feel about that!

I feel your pain bro. I can't stand people who feel the world is theirs for the taking.
Rant over,
Carry on,
Bubba

Last edited:
law states in an emergency, if a car is parked in a area, dosent even have to be a fire lane the authorites police, fire what ever can use any means to position the emergency vehical where it needs to be to control the emergency.......no court will order payment for that

About 5 years ago here in North Bama a fire truck ran over a car in fire lane. The owner of the car had to pay for damages to the fire truck.:laugh:

I got to many real gripes with cagers to complain about where they park... Hell! I wish they would all abandon their cars an park.

I have 0 empathy for someone parked in a fire lane, in fact I would encourage as much addtional damage as possible. People need to think about what they are doing, think like your family is inside, would you still be ok with some bone head blocking them in?

I'm getting really sick of people parking in the fire lanes. It's bad enough when people park there to return movies at Blockbuster or to wait for their wife who's shopping at the grocery store. It really ticks me off when trucks deliver in the fire lane. But this morning took the cake. I pulled up to McDonald's to get a bagel and there's a car in the drive thru lane, with a gap of 3 car lengths between her and the next vehicle. She's not moving at all. So I buzz around her and take my place in line. Next thing I know, she's getting out of the car and walking into the restaurant! She parked in the the drive thru lane!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Every time I think I've seen the worst of laziness and inconsiderate behavior, someone steps up and shows me that I ain't seen nothing yet!

I was a delivery driver for Pepsi for over 3 years, sometimes you're required to park in the fire lane to make deliveries, and sometimes you have no choice. You think a car parked there pisses you off, try having to change your whole route for the day or circle blocks because some a'hole is parked there out of laziness.
And no, we won't park futher away, we did enough walking throughout the day. And the cops allow it here. Cut the trucks a break, we move when we know fire/ems is coming, ticket everyone else.

Good point, you know 150 years ago you could keep slaves also...man how times have changed.

That is such a tired argument. It seems one cannot yearn for the old days without being labeled a racist. Why is that?

Seems there is a lot more inconsiderate ppl out there now. I just love it when they park like that and some fat ass gets out. I just think to my self..."thats why your so fat, your a lazy *&^%"
Also got to love it when a car is parked in front of the entrance with the radio blaring.......
I try to not let it get to me but I am weak............:beerchug:

Yes as a firefighter for the last 10 yrs I see this a lot:rulez: The building owners have to step up and report it, or anyone for that matter. For the most part we can do our job without that lane... but there just might be that one time we NEED to position there, that's when you take your 25 ton truck and do some pushing:whistle: On a serious note call your local cops, most places that will cost ya $150...

What kills me is the lardazz that parks right in front of the store, when there is a parking place 10 feet away and they are too 'special' to walk the extra 10 feet when they are perfectly capable of doing it.

On another subject, do u park ur bike in stiped spots in parking lots?

I always enjoy watching people circle the parking lot for 5-10 minutes waiting for a close spot to open up so they dont have to walk so far.

Back