Cabins on Fire!

That is sad, I remember a few years ago when my uncles house caught on fire. He called the Fire department and it took them 30 minutes to get there and then they ran out of water. Needless to he lost his house and everything in it. I remember seeing these cabin's the last time I was there and was telling my wife we should book one of them the nest time we come back. I sure hope things work out for you and will send you a prayer. :please:

That is sad, I remember a few years ago when my uncles house caught on fire. He called the Fire department and it took them 30 minutes to get there and then they ran out of water. Needless to he lost his house and everything in it. I remember seeing these cabin's the last time I was there and was telling my wife we should book one of them the nest time we come back. I sure hope things work out for you and will send you a prayer. :please:

Just let me know if you come down this way. I can line you up.

You were the first person I thought of when I heard this on the news this morning. Hopefully, your damage is minimal!

The news is reporting at least 30 large vacation cabins have been destroyed and the fire is at least 200 acres now. They said Blackhawk helicopters are coming in the help dump water on it. There's a noticeable layer of smoke in Knoxville this morning. Maybe from the same fire?

I hate to see this happen up there. Hopefully all those cabins were not yours?

The numbers I'm seeing now are even bigger than what I posted earlier. They're saying at least 35 cabins and up to 300 acres burned so far. Wow...

Sorry to hear. You can get everything from the dispatch center call times, radio transmissions, and phone transmissions. I'm gonna guess that you are somewhat remote and the Fire Department is volunteer. When you rebuild think about adding a Fire Sprinkler System.

I've been crazy busy. I haven't had time to post. It was a little over 60 cabins that burnt. 160 acres. We only lost 1 cabin, but the community is screwed. No one will want to rent a cabin in the middle of a burnt area. Sucks for the owners that didn't burn.

Meanwhile. I gave the notice to my boss and I am moving forward with the co ownership of the new cabin rental company. April 1st.

best of luck on the new job, hope it treats you better than the last :beerchug:

MoNoXiDe I wish you the best. I saw this on the net and it looked bad. I hope everything works out for all. Did they ever find out what started it? Maybe I missed it

Good luck with your new beginning! I'm glad to hear that the acreage numbers I saw before were on the high side.

MoNoXiDe I wish you the best. I saw this on the net and it looked bad. I hope everything works out for all. Did they ever find out what started it? Maybe I missed it

There not positive. Think someone threw out some hit coals from a grill down the hill side. Idiots!

Back