Is the 1199 Hype?

I do see your point on this bike but some people do not buy bikes to be the best or fastes out there. Believe it or not some buy them because they like them. Everything is not about a race. There's always going to be better or faster. And as far as your price assessment you should look again. I picked up mine for 16,699 new. How much is a new BMW again? The BMW is a beautifull bike no doubt and I'm sure it will smoke the panigale. Who cares. I'm not trading in my busa cause some magazine says the zx14 is a much better bike. Buy a bike cause u like it not cause what everyone else says. Rant over.

If you like it, want it and can afford it it's worth it. :laugh:

Not sure if the 1199 has a dry clutch or not, but I couldn't spend a 350-500 mile day on bike making that noise :banghead: but some people enjoy the sound and I guess the performance of it..

It's the same story with super cars isn't it??? You may find one faster and cheaper than the one you like but it's not the one you like.:thumbsup:

The 1199 has a wet clutch. No more clacking just the sweet sound of the exhaust and as far as maintenance goes 600 miles is the first and all they do is go over the bike and change the ECU. Next service is not till 15,000. This isn't your old school Ducati. Not saying its perfect. Every bike has its issues and recalls.

WAR69 - good point on the ZX14. If all we did was go off the magezine reviews we would be ashamed to even admit to owning a Busa. I love my 2011 Busa, I loved my 2004 Busa and I am infatuated with my new Panigale 1199! At the end of the day, buy the bikes that stir your soul!!! I've ridden alot of Harleys (never owned one) and the one that was the most "fun" was a 1200 Sportster with drag bars. I rode a CBR 1000 and although it's a fabulous machine, very smooth and refined, I enjoyed myself more on a friends 1125 Buell.

IMAG0961.jpg

I own a 2011 Hayabusa I bought new (15,000 MILES NOW ON IT) and I purchased an 1199 base model for 16 grand new. Seeing it is cold and sh!!ty here in WI I only got to ride it once, put about 30 miles on it. I love it! I can't break 6000 rpm's for the 1st 600 miles so I can't even get into the power band. I have no intentions of getting rid of the Busa, that is my long haul cruiser. I've had other "crotch rocket" and although fun, they are not Ducati's. The Ducati is about fit & finsh, beauty and for some, an image thing. I am in love with the sound and engine characteristics!! Very happy with the purchase thus far. If the bike turns on me or I realize I dont love it, I'll ditch it after the warranty runs out - 2 years unlimited miles!!
update: I now have 20,000 miles on the busa and 6000 on the 1199. I love both bikes. The Ducati has been AWESOME so far.

The 1199 hasn't turned out to be all it was cracked up to be. I would take the BMW S1000 over the 1199 every day of the week even if they were both equal in price.

If I was going to spend that kind of money it would be on a MV F4rr. Pure beauty. JMHO.

Have to Say, I Miss Fallen, not been on the Board anymore, Had a great time meeting him at the Bash.

Back