Ironic Quote of the day!

They need to come up with a system to determine the lenght of what someone gets to stay on welfare or some of the other state assisted programs. I was at the store tonight and saw a couple in their shopping. They were on WIC with 2 kids already here and a third on the way. They both work by the look of the clothes they were wearing. Why is it that we are having to help support them and thier kids. Instead of paying for their groceries, want not just give people like this free condoms? Wait, I know the answer to this question. We can't do this because it is supposedly the government telling people that they can't have kids.

The majority of the country doensn't want this? 32% says it goes to far, 35% says it doesn't go far enough, 22% says about right. Unfortanetly for most polls, they add the 35% which says it doesn't go far enough to the 32% who says they dont like it.

You call it a bully when your not in the majority, but call it the greatest thing since sliced break when you are. You know, those bullies that told us it was ok to wire tap, to send our soldiers into an illegal war, trying to make changes to our tourture laws... ect.

Its amazing how easily everyone forgets.

55% Favor Repeal of Health Care Bill
Thursday, March 25, 2010

Just before the House of Representatives passed sweeping health care legislation last Sunday, 41% of voters nationwide favored the legislation while 54% were opposed. Now that President Obama has signed the legislation into law, most voters want to see it repealed.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey, conducted on the first two nights after the president signed the bill, shows that 55% favor repealing the legislation. Forty-two percent (42%) oppose repeal.

I believe every citizen of the US should have some type of health care, whether it's from their employer's health care plan or some type of government provided or subsidized care, depending on an individuals circumstance. I just don't know how it can, will, or should be paid for.

Does anyone have a good, clear, concise link to a non-partisan site that sheds some light on how this will be paid for? I really don't care to hear any party aligned blah blah.

Great...healthcare is not HEALTH INSURANCE. Anybody can go to the hospital
and get healthcare NOW...even illegals. My issue comes with the govt' taking
my money and my kids to pay for the worthless down the streets health INSURANCE
in case they go....

The following is a footnote to a CBO report issued on the budget proposal by the Obama administration. There is a lot of stuff to read on the CBO site.

2. The President’s budget does not contain details regarding the President’s proposal to expand health insurance coverage and make other changes to the health care system. Instead, the budget contains a placeholder calculated as the average of the effects estimated by CBO and JCT for the House passed bill and legislation similar to the Senate-passed bill. The Administration extrapolated those estimates for an additional year, through 2020. CBO has incorporated that placeholder in this analysis. The placeholder does not include the effects of four provisions contained in those bills
that the Administration shows separately in the budget.

Bear in mind the "prototype" healthcare program in Massachusetts has cost
4 TIMES the original estimate and is crippling the state (which is being propped up by the fed big time) and has several hospitals sueing the state/fed
and or CLOSING. Should we talk about California and how well the social programs work there...

Why people are content to sit on thier :moon: and let OR EVEN EXPECT the
govt' to take care of them is beyond me...:banghead:

Great...healthcare is not HEALTH INSURANCE. Anybody can go to the hospital
and get healthcare NOW...even illegals. My issue comes with the govt' taking
my money and my kids to pay for the worthless down the streets health INSURANCE
in case they go....

All I asked for was if anyone had a good source for information....not party slanted. You are already paying for other people's coverage, whether you call it healthcare or health insurance.

Bear in mind the "prototype" healthcare program in Massachusetts has cost
4 TIMES the original estimate and is crippling the state (which is being propped up by the fed big time) and has several hospitals sueing the state/fed
and or CLOSING. Should we talk about California and how well the social programs work there...

Why people are content to sit on thier :moon: and let OR EVEN EXPECT the
govt' to take care of them is beyond me...:banghead:

Again, I'm trying to post up useful information to help shed some light on what will be coming our way. There's a lot of social programs that don't work and some that do. How about some useful information?

All I asked for was if anyone had a good source for information....not party slanted. You are already paying for other people's coverage, whether you call it healthcare or health insurance.

Yes and no...

Health insurance...Yes I have health insurance at work and everyone in the program
PAYS INTO the program. Now if a large amount of the programs members have
expensive issues, my rate goes up next year. It's actually gone down 3 years
in a row. The insurance is not a requirement and MY CHOICE, I may chose to
keep my money and pay nothing.

HealthCare...I understand the uninsured go to the hospital and walk out for free, similar
to shoplifting and the rest that pay have to foot the bill (if we indeed shop at
the store that year) but we are not instantly paying for the millions that aren't
going (just in case they do, which is what insurance is)

The left lie to you and would have believe that the bill is about "quality healthcare for all"
and pray on your charitable humanitarian spirit all the while they reach
around with their hand in your pocket.

The two are not the same and you need to seperate the two issues in your mind
and deal with them seperately.

Remember Congress and the President are not in on this plan, they have their own...this is for the rest of us.

I'm in the navy, so I can't talk bad about my boss :whistle:, but my wife told me a couple days ago. That my generation (I'm 30) will not get social security when it retirement time. So y in the :devil: i'm paying for it now. not cool

There is a reason I usually don't get involved with political discussions. It's because most people let their emotions speak.

An example will be the poster who states "the left lie to you"......as if the "right" does not. Give me a break. He is obviously aligned with the "right". I haven't seen any concise information on what this will entail, only emotional rhetoric and opinions. Interpretations by people that have no inside information or analytical expertise. Usual stuff......

The CBO(Congressional Budget Office) has a lot of information but it's almost like reading a medical journal, if your not a Doctor! Ehh whatever.....

I'm in the navy, so I can't talk bad about my boss :whistle:, but my wife told me a couple days ago. That my generation (I'm 30) will not get social security when it retirement time. So y in the :devil: i'm paying for it now. not cool

Your paying now to keep the current retirees in the green. That's why you should encourage young people to stay in school and get a great education. That way they will get decent jobs and will be able to pay into the system so you can draw SS.

Before you just start posting what you hear on the TV and radio, do some research about which party spends what, and then also do some research about how the current administration added in the Iraq, and afghan war to the budget where the previous administration left it out on purpose. Also do some research on this current recession. If people aren't working, there aren’t any taxes coming in which leads to a deficit. You could also read about the tax cuts from the previous administration and how they weren't paid for.

Thats just a start. This way your comments could have some facts, or statistics and hold a bit more water, rather then just opinion.
:poke::rulez: that was a bit harsh...amd america is bankrupt china owns more of us then we do

There is a reason I usually don't get involved with political discussions. It's because most people let their emotions speak.

An example will be the poster who states "the left lie to you"......as if the "right" does not. Give me a break. He is obviously aligned with the "right". I haven't seen any concise information on what this will entail, only emotional rhetoric and opinions. Interpretations by people that have no inside information or analytical expertise. Usual stuff......

The CBO(Congressional Budget Office) has a lot of information but it's almost like reading a medical journal, if your not a Doctor! Ehh whatever.....

your right, just forget about it...

There is nothing emotional about what I was saying, it was concept desinged
to the way you think and interpet the facts.

and...just because it's not numerical or just a number does not negate that it's
a fact...like healthcare and health insurance are seperate issues...

but that's all right, nevermind...like i said your right...forget about it, it's best
that you don't get involved in political arguments.

your right, just forget about it...

There is nothing emotional about what I was saying, it was concept desinged
to the way you think and interpet the facts.

and...just because it's not numerical or just a number does not negate that it's
a fact...like healthcare and health insurance are seperate issues...

but that's all right, nevermind...like i said your right...forget about it, it's best
that you don't get involved in political arguments.

I called it political discussions, you call it political arguments....my point exactly. Your really not making much sense to the point at hand plus you are starting to push the drama and I'm just not interested!

I called it political discussions, you call it political arguments....my point exactly. Your really not making much sense to the point at hand plus you are starting to push the drama and I'm just not interested!

nevermind...

Back