Freedom....very dis-appointed.

Maybe the way to fight Muslim Extremists is and anti-American hatred is too actually do something to help the people of Egypt or Lybia.

That's a wonderful sentiment...and completely naive. I recall seeing an interview on CNN, where a fairly senior official from Pakistan (I think) was talking about how America would have to deal with the Taliban. (This was right before the US invaded.) He said, "You cannot reason with them, you cannot argue with them, you cannot bribe them, you cannot win them over to your way of thinking. The only way to stop them is to kill them all." - I reiterate: this was said by a Muslim, talking about other Muslims!

So in your opinion what should we do about Libya ?
Help them? Send troops there? Fly our planes over them?
Why ?
So we can get embroiled into another worthless conflict ?
The Libyans are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves.

I'm Fn tired of driving by vets with homeless signs in their hands all the while we give $ and support to foreigners?
Why ?

Until every man, woman and child in America has food , clothes and a home the world can go F itself!

You speak Obamas middle name like because it is what it is this is the reason he doesn't want to help Libya?

That's a wonderful sentiment...and completely naive. I recall seeing an interview on CNN, where a fairly senior official from Pakistan (I think) was talking about how America would have to deal with the Taliban. (This was right before the US invaded.) He said, "You cannot reason with them, you cannot argue with them, you cannot bribe them, you cannot win them over to your way of thinking. The only way to stop them is to kill them all." - I reiterate: this was said by a Muslim, talking about other Muslims!

That was a Muslim talking about Taliban , a very small percentage of the overall total of Muslims in the world .

It's funny how quickly we forget history.

Overview of World War II

I'm not saying this is a perfect article but the points are well made. Many complex events lead us to war and some of the same events that led us into WWII are already happening
* Revolution
* Worldwide economic downturn
* Totalitarianism growing - think Venezuela and a few other small countries

During all this the US was in a non-intervention mode. Coming out of WWI the popular thought was to keep our troops at home and not intervene. It is a very closed minded approach and akin to an ostrich sticking it's head in the sand and thinking it's invisible.

Today more than ever we live in a global economy. Like it or not, we are dependent on imports. Industry has moved the actual manufacturing of goods overseas and if we close our borders and go into full isolation mode, we will not be able to maintain the quality of life we enjoy now.

There is no short-term fix. The long-term right thing to do for everyone would be to get manufacturing facilities here working again. I don't know why we don't offer tax breaks for manufacturers to spur the internal investment. Instead we're letting other countries have it and shipping our raw materials to them.

Our country is now a consumer rather than a producer and that puts us at the producer's mercy when they decide to stop producing.

Are you serious? Let China led the world. That's pathetic.

How many years, lives and dollars have we spent trying to prevent that?

Why do you think we are trying to prevent China from taking the forefront?

Why do you think we are trying to prevent China from taking the forefront?

That's our seat. The driver's seat. I see no reason to put Communism behind the wheel and crawl in to the back seat. I can't imagine that's going to be a ride I'd enjoy. Remember Korea, Vietnam? I say keep China squarely in front of the car, high beams on and the bumper an inch off their a$$.

The only way to effect the outcome of world events is to be involved. Isolationism did not work in the past and it will not work in the future.

Some of you want to compare Lybia to Afgh. and it does not wash. They are different. Radicals and extremists use poverty,oppression and hatred to manipulate people with without hope. They use force and violence to control that would fight back.

The key to keeping the Taliban, Muslim Brotherhood out of Lybia, Egypt or any other country on the planet is with the people. You have people that want freedom, want to live in a modern society...they are opposed to fndamentalist views. Those are the people you help.

you cannot force people to be "american"....but you can protect them from violent extremists, and let them choose for themselves a better path.

That's our seat. The driver's seat. I see no reason to put Communism behind the wheel and crawl in to the back seat. I can't imagine that's going to be a ride I'd enjoy. Remember Korea, Vietnam? I say keep China squarely in front of the car, high beams on and the bumper an inch off their a$$.

to be fair, i like the chinese people, just not so much the government.

I am currently sitting here and I am very disappointed at the behaviour of my President, my Congress and pretty much everyone in Washington DC right now.

The people of Egypt, decided after 30 years of oppression they had had enough. They stood up and demanded a change.....what will come of it may not be truly known for years to come.

and thru the ordeal President Obama stood by with his hands in his pockets, and the "Land of the Free" had to shoulder the shame of supporting the Mubarak dictatorship, and decades of oppression.

Fast for to Lybia.....

The country of Lybia has been in revolution for nearly a month, there are men and women dieing as they fight for freedom against one of the biggest tyrants on the planet....

and the leader of the Free World does nothing. instead of leading he makes speeches. China is flying arms and supplies into Lybia, Ghadaffi is paying mercenaries $1000.00 a day to crush this rebellion.....

and the leader of the free world, is looking for France, and the Arab League or even the UN to enforce a "no-fly" zone.

as Barak Hussien Obama last week told Ghadaffi "we are watching you" all I could think about was....no wonder this country is in the dire straights it is. Look at who is running the country.

WE NEED A LEADER, NOT A COMMUNITY ORGANIZER.....

The uprising will stomped out shortly, and once again this country will have lost an opportunity to make a difference, to make change.

200+ years ago, we were just like Lybia and if not for the support of Louis XVI, King of France we would have not won our independance. Maybe the way to fight Muslim Extremists is and anti-American hatred is too actually do something to help the people of Egypt or Lybia.

oh, well......just just some thoughts.

Obama expressed the opinion of the US.
The US is part of the UN, so is France, so is China.
The UN is now active in Lybia doing the right thing, that is what they stand for.

If you were the President, how would you approach this?

The UN is now active in Lybia doing the right thing, that is what they stand for.
No, they are not doing the right thing. The UN is going to give aid to Islamic supremacists - a very foolish move vis-a-vis stability in that region.

So in your opinion what should we do about Libya ?
Help them? Send troops there? Fly our planes over them?
Why ?
So we can get embroiled into another worthless conflict ?
The Libyans are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves.

I'm Fn tired of driving by vets with homeless signs in their hands all the while we give $ and support to foreigners?
Why ?

Until every man, woman and child in America has food , clothes and a home the world can go F itself!

You speak Obamas middle name like because it is what it is this is the reason he doesn't want to help Libya?

well said

First i wanna say obama is an idiot...plan and simple...a worthless piece of garbage i am imbarrassed to say he "runs" our country. he was not elected by the people...he was elected by the stupid politicians.

it is repeated over and over we should stay out and mind our own business...I keep reading this....le me say one thing PEARL HARBOUR.....Thats what happens when we stay out and mind our own business. Freedom comes at a cost. You cant stand by idle and watch things happen and expect it to go our 'way'. To all the watchers in this world they dont get sh!t done. Its the doers that are productive members of society. If we just sit and watch and mind our own business i garantee you the war will be brought to our home soil. Then all you pansies who wanna just stay out of it will have to get their pretty little hands dirt finally if they are alive to do so. You dont become a super power by standing around with your thumb up your ass. With power comes responsibility and that task isnt just to watch and ponder.

Back