Freedom....very dis-appointed.

afterhours

Registered
I am currently sitting here and I am very disappointed at the behaviour of my President, my Congress and pretty much everyone in Washington DC right now.

The people of Egypt, decided after 30 years of oppression they had had enough. They stood up and demanded a change.....what will come of it may not be truly known for years to come.

and thru the ordeal President Obama stood by with his hands in his pockets, and the "Land of the Free" had to shoulder the shame of supporting the Mubarak dictatorship, and decades of oppression.

Fast for to Lybia.....

The country of Lybia has been in revolution for nearly a month, there are men and women dieing as they fight for freedom against one of the biggest tyrants on the planet....

and the leader of the Free World does nothing. instead of leading he makes speeches. China is flying arms and supplies into Lybia, Ghadaffi is paying mercenaries $1000.00 a day to crush this rebellion.....

and the leader of the free world, is looking for France, and the Arab League or even the UN to enforce a "no-fly" zone.

as Barak Hussien Obama last week told Ghadaffi "we are watching you" all I could think about was....no wonder this country is in the dire straights it is. Look at who is running the country.

WE NEED A LEADER, NOT A COMMUNITY ORGANIZER.....

The uprising will stomped out shortly, and once again this country will have lost an opportunity to make a difference, to make change.

200+ years ago, we were just like Lybia and if not for the support of Louis XVI, King of France we would have not won our independance. Maybe the way to fight Muslim Extremists is and anti-American hatred is too actually do something to help the people of Egypt or Lybia.

oh, well......just just some thoughts.

I think there is far more going on in the middle east than any of this puppeted/propoganda media is showing us. It's far more than a rebellion for freedom. Ghadafi is crazy as hell but, the media is portraying everything the way that the elitists that run the world want them too. Pelocci even said that they control the media, stated it out loud in an interview and still people turn a blind eye. WHat we need is a real government of the people, for the people, and by the people not the government of the elite, by the elite, and for the elite that we have. Our freedoms days are numbered if we continue this path. Just my $.02.

This was going on a lot longer than Pres. Obama has been President.

You can't fix over night what's been going on for years. If you were to become a manager in a company that was in the red for years, your going to change it in the blink of an eye. Wish it was that easy.

I'm no Obama fan, but why is it his (our/US) job to police civil unrest in a dictator led country?? Maybe we should send 200,000 troops there also? ???

Well it kinda keeps it from spreading, like catching Cancer in its early stages before it takes over.

that's why the world hates us. so fk em. let em stew in it if they don't want US in THEIR business. because that's exactly what it is, THEIR business. we have far too much going on at home and in asscrackistan to be fussing with these other issues. now, you may agree or not agree with our presence in a-stan, but we're there, and we're not done yet. so we can't just leave (trying to avoid using "pull out" as a term) to uphold the next rebellion. do i think the people in those countries should have to live in a state of terror and oppression? hell no. of course not, no one should have to live like that. but do i believe that it's our place to step in? no. and do i believe (this is my opinion, not fact) that we have the resources to spare anyway? again, no.

It is their business until we run out of oil, then you will be complaining that we are paying $20 / gallon.

Why is it always the US to run to the aid?
China is the big Gorilla right now, let them lead for a while.
As long as we keep spending in other coutries, we will continue to hurt our own.

It is their business until we run out of oil, then you will be complaining that we are paying $20 / gallon.

I say let them do it. They way it will quit hanging over our head and we can deal with it.

Be careful about supporting these 'freedom fighters'....as we don't even know who they are - might be worse for the US strategically than who is in power now.

Remember, the Taliban now - were the Mujahaddin that we helped fight the Soviets. Lots of thanks we got out of that one...

It's not always true that "The enemy of the enemy is my friend" but more like "The enemy of my enemy is STILL my enemy"...

Sadly, the truth is that there are not any GOOD choices, but only various levels of bad choices.....

Geezzzzzzzzzzzzzz, and I thought after the World Appology Tour all the Muslim Countries were going to LOVE US :laugh:

This is what you get, when the person in the leadership position has NEVER lead anything but a Political Campaign (along with 70% of his advisors). I'll say this, he's a great campaigner, but NO LEADER. When he was informed of the Earthquake and it's destruction in Japan. What did he do, HE WENT FOR 18 HOLES on the Golf Course. What did he do when he was informed about the massive offensive in Libya with Aircraft ? He went to a Dinner Fund Raiser for his coming Pres Campaign :whistle: . That's NOT LEADERSHIP we can believe in. And as far as the NO FLY ZONE, what's the problem ? After several weeks, either DO IT, OR DON'T. And if your waiting on the UN, well Russia and China have said they will VETO any No Fly Zone resolution. So, either do it or back off. My opinion, Europe needs to handle this. With Air bases in Greece, Italy and Spain within short range, they need to step up for once. That is, if they want to do anything but MOUTH OFF about us.

Really, you know it's bad when FRANCE takes the lead !!!

But, in the end, whatever happens I'am sure will become ALL OUR FAULT :laugh:

We should contract a fee for all this help we do....run this place like a business versus a charity.

that's why the world hates us. so fk em. let em stew in it if they don't want US in THEIR business. because that's exactly what it is, THEIR business. we have far too much going on at home and in asscrackistan to be fussing with these other issues. now, you may agree or not agree with our presence in a-stan, but we're there, and we're not done yet. so we can't just leave (trying to avoid using "pull out" as a term) to uphold the next rebellion. do i think the people in those countries should have to live in a state of terror and oppression? hell no. of course not, no one should have to live like that. but do i believe that it's our place to step in? no. and do i believe (this is my opinion, not fact) that we have the resources to spare anyway? again, no.

bring the troops home...shut the borders...watch the world burn. sick of being the worlds police force and biggest jerks at the same time...screw them!

I'm no Obama fan, but why is it his (our/US) job to police civil unrest in a dictator led country?? Maybe we should send 200,000 troops there also? ???

exactly. Why can't the US just sit back and let these things work themselves out on their own more often? Instead, we use our tax dollars and resources attempting to bring order so we can be the "good guys."

I understand the Iraq and Afgh. comparisons.....

but both those cases are different than Egypt or Lybia. stopping aid to foriegn countries will not bring jobs back, it would not have stopped the the financial crisis or the the home loan fiasco.

Well, I'm going to chime in with my opinion:

Many people seem to be falling for the media's portrayal of recent Middle East/North African affairs as being a simple case of "the people" wanting freedom and democracy. IMO, this is utterly untrue and the mainstream media are being extremely disingenuous with how they are "reporting" these stories.

I believe that what is really happening is that Islamic extremist groups such as The Muslim Brotherhood are deliberately stoking the fires of rebellion in order to overthrow secularized governments, after which they will impose Sharia Law. These are people who have for decades made no secret of their intention to recreate the Caliphate, yet the media will not address this. - In fact, the media act like willing stooges, as if they don't realise that they'd be the very first ones to be silenced, should the extremists ever take over.

I mean, come on, does no-one but me remember what happened in Iran? (Unsurprisingly while a Democrat was in the White House...)

Mubarak was undoubtedly plundering his own country but at least he wasn't vehemently antagonistic toward the Western world. If Egypt has open elections, I assure you all that some very, very dangerous people will end up winning. It'll be the Taliban all over again.
As for Libya, well, Gaddafi is a lunatic but at least his lunacy keeps people worse than him in check. I'm certain that the real reason for the rebellion in that country is because the fundamentalists have a long-range goal of controlling all oil production in that region, and Libya has the largest reserves in North Africa.
Ponder this: if the POTUS won't let oil companies drill for US oil, where will you get all of your supply from? And if a well organised, militant group whose stated goal was to bring the entire world under Islamic law controlled that supply, what lengths would people in the West go to in order to be able to heat their homes and feed their families?

I'm sure there will be many who'll disagree with me, but I hold the opinion that a country in which the majority of people are illiterate, and the majority of "spiritual leaders" are calling for the complete destruction of Israel/America/Western values, has no business holding elections. - Many of those people are too ignorant to be allowed to vote. (I use "ignorant" in the true sense of the word, i.e. they are lacking in knowledge/education.)

EDIT: I wish someone would do something about Iran. - I've known a few Iranians and they are a very intelligent people. (One of the most brilliant mathematicians I know is Iranian.) Iran has a young, well educated population who are actively trying to get out from under the yoke of Sharia law, yet the ayatollahs/clerics/Ahmadinejad completely ignore them, even murdering dissidents when they think they can get away with it.

Why is it always the US to run to the aid?
China is the big Gorilla right now, let them lead for a while.
As long as we keep spending in other coutries, we will continue to hurt our own.

Are you serious? Let China led the world. That's pathetic.

How many years, lives and dollars have we spent trying to prevent that?

Back