Involved in a bad crash...

I'm glad to hear you and your friend are doing better, Van. As for the case being closed, I know you're gonna keep following up on this. If worse comes to worse, I would recommend getting all your info together, find out what the proper protocol is for handling cases like this, and if anything, take the FHP to court. That should get them movin their ass on what they need to do.

Yep...nothin like a Court Summons to get things moving. I would advise, however, that you find out first what exactly the FHP is doing to bring this case to justice. It looks to me like the driver could be charged with a felony hit and run with possible attempted manslaughter or at the very least felony reckless driving with aggravated assault.

I hope that these bastids are hit and hit hard.

i am saddened to know another rider has been injured by the hands of some careless,bastard. the progress of your friend and spirit you have are encouraging. when i see these threads i am somewhat uneasy about reading the thread, i think the reality of how defensless a cyclist against A cage sinks in my mind hard. i believe the attitude the police have shown is a few unthinking officers and not a collective attitude towrds motorcyclists in your area(i hope anyway).you and your friend need a good LAWYER though immediatly. time will hurt any investigation and your friend especially should go after this #######, unfortunatly because he is paying for anothers actions. please take care of yourself and tell your friend that many are praying for a full recovery.

dan

Hope you guys get well soon. I cant believe the police handled it that way. When I got hit my officer was excellent , came to see me in the hospital and called my wife for me. Also I found out he was a fellow rider so I guess thats a plus.

I am glad that Nova is having positive results with his surgeries. Tell him to keep his head up, it isn't over. I am glad you haven't changed your mind about riding and wanting a bike. I hate to admit it but, my accident has taught me lessons that no other expeience could have and I did learn from it so, it was not wasted. When it seems too much, turn to "Us" if you need, we will be strong for you. I will keep Nova in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you all again...get used to it cuz I won't stop saying so.
smile.gif

I already got a lawyer a week ago...hopefully by today will find out what's the status for now. Also will try to follow up with the State Attorney's office to see why the case wasn't followed up. I won't rest until this person is found, you can bet on that one!

I went to the hospital yesterday after work. I wasn't able to see Nova cuz he was still in surgery. He had a surgery on Monday on his back, they had to cover some bones that were showing...I believe they and to tuck them in behind muscle tissue. Yesterday's surgery was for skin draft. I spoke to his girlfriend for a while and she was telling me he's finally gotten to the point of realizing the situation and he's been depressed lately, they're giving him anti-depressants. Hi going through the beginning of one of the worst times I would think in all this process and needs as much support as possible. I'm very glad that his riding friends haven't forgotten him...they've been calling and visiting.

It will be some time, but I have no worries cuz I know God saved us then and will get us through it...and will all your support, prayers and blessings it will be easier and faster to do so. Believe me, it can be felt strongly and I thank you all for it!

God Bless you all!

Vanessa

PS: If anyone would like to send him a msg, e-card, or what not; do so to my regular e-mail (smilypr4u@aol.com) and I'll make sure he gets it.

Man my heart goes out for you and your buddy I'm PISSED now!If the police find this person I hope they hang.

I am so sorry to hear of this. Do you have this persons info? Was it a kid? Drunk? This shi@ makes me so fucki* mad!!! I pray for You and NOVA. I think had it been me and some other riders, The cager would be no more!! Damn!
mad.gif

Ya know I'm personally gettin really sick and friggin tired of the "I didn't see them" speech. I'm 32 years old, talked on cell phones while eating and passing gas and I've seen EVERY vehicle close enough to me. Fact of the matter is people are NOT paying attention. There is no reason why you should change lanes and almost side swipe me (happened a few times) and never see me especially if I'm not in you blind spot...TURN YOUR FAT NECK (Lord forgive me for that one). Until the government enacts stiffer pentalties this will be ongoing. Maybe we should lobby for the...I didn't seem them, but got 10 years bill! Be that would open some cage eyes.

Vanessa I've already expressed my prayer intentions, but I'll continue daily until a full recovery is made. Doctors may say one thing but Faith & prayer leads to things medicine cannot understand. Hebrews 11:1

Be blessed,
BigDawg

The police closed the case having all the car owner's info!!!    
mad.gif
didnt you say his was a hit and run? how can they close a felony hit and run? you need to contact the chief of police or county sherrif and tell them you will follow up with suit, also get the owners info and go after his insurance and any property he has... perhaps it was a cop that hit him and they want to cover it up?

speak with an attorney ASAP!!!

The police closed the case having all the car owner's info!!!    
mad.gif
didnt you say his was a hit and run? how can they close a felony hit and run? you need to contact the chief of police or county sherrif and tell them you will follow up with suit, also get the owners info and go after his insurance and any property he has... perhaps it was a cop that hit him and they want to cover it up?

speak with an attorney ASAP!!!
Sounds like a crock to me. You know the scenerio, car hits law breaking/speed demon/crotch rocket. Motorcycle must have been at fault. Justice will be served in this world or the next! That's a promise...what a man sews, so doth he reap!!!

It was a hit and run...the driver left the car and ran off. Wasn't found. My lawyer is already working on investigating the car owner and all that and following up with the police to see wtf they didn't follow up with the investigation. If it was their fault I'll be suing them too!!!!!
mad.gif

It was a hit and run...the driver left the car and ran off. Wasn't found. My lawyer is already working on investigating the car owner and all that and following up with the police to see wtf they didn't follow up with the investigation. If it was their fault I'll be suing them too!!!!!
mad.gif

Vanessa,
It is always a pleasure to see you smiling. Especialy nice to see you smiling after all you hav been through. God bless you my dear.

Coño...this is really messed up!

Another one of our friends went down in the past few days on a Busa. Luckily he's ok...some scrapes and stuff, but fine. Grrrrrr darn FL drivers!!!
mad.gif

Back