Involved in a bad crash...

sorry to hear about what happened some people just have no respect for us on 2 wheels god bless you both and hopefully the bastids that did this are brought to justice in due time

Not trying to hijack this post, but phatjoe's comments reminded me that I just sat through a mandatory motorcycle refresher safety course. The first line in that hour long class was that most accidents are caused by vehicle drivers not aware of motorcyles in their area, but none of them are or were at the safety course! Again, sorry for the interrupt and my prayers go out to you Smily and your friend!

FUC*IN CAGERS!!!!
why cant they see us?
rock.gif

things like this really make me rethink the whole bike thing:(
your friend is in my prayers

Vanessa,

So sorry to hear about what happened!! Thank GOD you are both still alive... I pray for your friends recovery and that justice is served and they find the SOB's involved..

Stay strong Girl....

Lo

i also was hit from behind in 8/2/03 on my busa i had a broken back, broken wrist, road rash everywhere out cold for 30 min in hospital for about a week rare with "hmo" and 4 broken ribs busa was totaled """if i was'nt wearin a bucket i would be dead"""!!!!!! i was hit at a stop light at 45 mph she was on the cell phone i have gotten 90% better but took 8 mo so dont give up hope god bless you and your friend i will be gettin the new red L.E. busa soon.

Damn Vanessa. I don't quite have the right words for you or your friend right now because poop like this really pisses me off. I had the exact same thing happen to a friend of mine about a year and a half ago. He's O.K., but it still doesn't excuse idiots like this. My most heartfelt prayers go out to you and your friend. If you need anything and if I can help...just PM me.

Brian

down.gif
sad.gif
mad.gif
What everyone else said X2 ... sounds like a druggy or drunk hit u guyz. There is no punishment too strong.

I am terribly sorry to hear what happened! I hope your friend pulls through as best as he can. I know it isn't much but, I am at a loss of words. It angers me and hurts me to know this has happened and I really wish I could do more. The offer is open if there is ANYTHING I can do to help. Take care and send our well wishes.

Not much i can say either. I thank God that you are OK, and I pray for your friend. This type of accident does not seem like a case in which the driver didn't see you. It sounds like ther is much more to the story. The driver was on drugs, or running from something.

I hope they find them.

G

This is such a tragedy...We're thankful that the both of you are alive...I'm a sorry for the suffering that your friend will endure...But the both of you will be in my prayers...
evil.gif

Very sorry to hear about the accident, our prayers and thoughts are with you and for the doctors that will be involved in the recovery process.

Will alos pray for justice in the situation.

Really sorry to hear about this. I've seen this exact same thing happen to someone in a car. Drunks in a car tried to run me off the road then took out a woman and daughter in a rear-end collision at highway speeds, then kept going.

Really, really sorry.

Terrible news Vanessa......glad yer basically OK.
Very sad about yer friend.

<!--EDIT|monsterspeedfreak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081318109 -->

bad news... can you give us more details? were you two up on one bike or both riding seperate bikes? what do you mean "Florida Highway Patrol closed the case having all the car owner's info in hand"? can they actually have the identity of a vehicle involved in a hit and run felony and not begin an investigation to find the driver? either way the owner of that vehicle is liable in civil court, so at least find out who owns the vehicle and take them to civil court...

Sorry to hear about that Vanessa, I hope you and your friend get better quick.

First of all...thank you all for the support. Your prayers have been our blessings. I wish I could've replied to each of you individually, but circumstances are not the best ones and I haven't been able to do so. Within everything going on, he seems to be holding up good. Undergoing several surgeries, all with a positive result. I should be going to see him today, so I'll post more info on him tomorrow hopefully. As for me, I was so blessed that I don't even complain for the little I have...I've been doing great!

For those who asked for more specific details, here they are:
My friend (Nova) was driving a gixxer 600, I was his passenger. We were moving when we got hit from behind by a 1989 Lincoln. After I stopped tumbling, I got up quickly thinking that a car was going to run me over since I landed in the middle of the street. I looked for him, couldn't find him. Someone had seen the car dragging something, which I knew it wasn't the bike, since it was in front of me...at this point, I sincerely thought he was dead. Police/ambulances found him almost a mile down the street. The car that hit us was left there, but the driver took of. They did a search that night, but couldn't find him/her. Police never took a statement from me, and the trooper in charge never returned my voice mails. A week later when I recieved a copy of the report I found out that eventhough they ran a check on the car and had all the owner's information (which is on the copy of the report I got plus the car didn't appear stolen), the investigation was concluded. Of course, I'm very pissed at FHP and we're doing whatever we can for a follow up of the case for this person to be found.

As most of you said...we're alive, and that's what counts. It does make you re-think about many things and really realize that your life could be changed or gone in a second...without it even being your fault sometimes. I've also had some friends gone through accidents on bikes lately, not being their fault either...I've learned from their experiences and it's helped me grow, but never ever like being through it myself. As we all know, there's always a motive/reason for everything even if we don't understand it. I've always tried to look at situations in a positive way, and this has been no exception. I was there for a reason, my thinking...to save his life. Everyone thought I was alone on that bike...God knows maybe he wouldn't have survived if he wouldn't have been found so quickly since he had blood on his lungs. Seeing my family so concerned for my well being, and just thinking it could be them recieving those news it's very shocking. I really think I'm still in shock from the whole situation up to some point.

No, it didn't take riding out of my head. No, it didn't make me change my mind about getting a bike, we all know the risks and the inevitable situations like this one. I've always thought that in order to learn well how to ride, at some point you will go down...it's just a matter of learning from that experience and using it for your benefit in the future. My parents are not happy about me still wanting a bike, but they respect my decision. Haven't ridden again yet, and maybe won't for a while until my back is better. Many things I used to do, I can't for now...but I'm too hyper and stubborn to wait too long being that life is so short, so I will in a week or so. LOL!

Is there any big event coming up soon? Maybe we can start a Motorcycle Street Rider Awareness Group or something like that to help drivers realize that we are as important as they are on the streets and that they need to be more respectful towards us. It will be hard due to those doing stunts in the middle of the streets and highways putting everyone in danger...but it might be worth a try for the sake of all the innocents that have paid, are paying or will pay the price.

Well...I think that has been more than enough for now. Once again I thank you all and I gotta say I loved your signatures, this post is like my own collection of very unique and original signatures!
smile.gif

God Bless you all and ride safe!

Vanessa
smilypr4u@aol.com

This was the bike we were riding...will post the after picture of the crash whenever I get them:

vangsxr6.jpg

Back