Involved in a bad crash...

SmiLyPR4U

Registered
Hi everyone!

Sorry for being lost so long...many things going on at the same time.  Here's the story of what happened:

On Saturday 3/13/04 I went out for a ride with a friend of mine.  We had ridden the night before around town, this time we were going to visit my brother in Sanford, FL (from Kissimmee, FL).  He picked me up at the house and off we went.  Great weather, clear day, awesome to ride!  We stopped at the mall to check something.  Left the mall to take the Interstate towards Sanford.  We were going northbound in the center lane at about 30-35 mph, lots of traffic...when suddenly and unexpectedly a car hit us on the back really hard.  I flew off the bike, the car kept on going.  I got up as soon as I could fearing that a car was gonna run me over...luckily all traffic had stopped already.  Started looking around and all I could see was the bike, my friend was nowhere to be found.  The car had dragged him for 3/4 of a mile.  Thank God the police and ambulance got there between 5-10 mins from the time of the accident.  The driver had hit another car after hitting us, left the car and ran off.  Wasn't found that night...Florida Highway Patrol closed the case having all the car owner's info in hand.

I was the lucky one...3 really tiny minor scratches, one big bruise, one little one, no broken bones, messed up neck, back, knees and left ankle from the hit and fall.  

He had a severe road rash (no skin on back or left arm, and yes he was wearing a jacket but it gave in since he was dragged for so long), broken back, dead from waist down.  Unfortunately, he won't be able to walk again.  No head injuries thank God, none of us lost consciousness at any time...he remembers everything clearly.  Helmets saved me from a head injury, him from death.

Now we're fighting to see if they try to find whoever did this.  I ask you all to please pray for his recovery since it's long, and for this person to be found.

Thank you all for your support always, God Bless and ride safe!

Vanessa

<!--EDIT|SmiLyPR4U
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123177968 -->

I'm so sorry to hear this...glad you walked away with only minor injuries though Vanessa...

Your friend is in my thoughts...he's got a hell of a road ahead of him. Stories like this make us all realize how quickly life can change...I hope the driver of the car is found...

Stay strong for your friend. He's going to need all the support he can get...

That is just terrible, Vanessa! I am sorry for both of you and pissed off that someone would just drive off. Prayers go out to both you and your friend and hope he recovers well from this. Stay strong!

You and your friend will be in our prayers.

Hope they catch the SOB in the car. Let us know & we'll plan a road trip.

Feel better.

A hit and run with 2 bikes - OMFG !!! I sincerely hope you find that son of a bitch
mad.gif

That's terrrible - I'll say a prayer for both of you. I hope they catch the person!!! Banditoo - I think she was on the back of the bike - she was talking about buying one.

VERY SORRY MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU,YOUR FRIEND,AND YOUR FAMILY............HOPE THEY FIND THE SOAB WHO HIT YOU
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

Holy crap!! I hope they find that ba$tard and tar and feather him! I hope your recovery is quick and so is your friends.. This is terrible news. Glad you're both still alive.

Vanessa, I am so sorry you and your friend had to experience this. I am glad that the both of you are still alive.

I know it's only a matter of time before they find the person who did this to the two of you. I will pray for both you and your friend...as well as for the person who did this. I hope that he will be served swift justice...and that he be held accountable for his actions.

If you ever need an ear or someone to vent on, you know you can reach out to your family here. If anything, feel free to vent with me. I'm sure all of us would lend an ear.

I am truely glad that you were able to come home to us. Welcome back to both you and your friend.

Godspeed to the both of you.

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081207988 -->

Damn! Sorry to hear that. I have him in my prayers.Wow you were really lucky that was the only thing that happen to you.
Hope to GOD they find that bastard.

WTF is wrong with these people in cages.. Im so sorry to hear what happend. I pray that they find this individual and lay the justice that is deserved. You guys are in my prayers. God speed.

This is horrible! My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your friend. Hopes of a slow and painful death goes out to the (likely intoxicated) driver that took you guys out and continued on.
mad.gif

Vanessa -

Sorry to hear about the accident..And how badly your friend is hurt.. I will keep you in my prayers.

Ron

Vanessa,
So sorry to hear of your pain and your friends injuries. Thanks god you could walk away from the accident.

Vanessa, if they find him and you need help taking care of the SOB I have friends.

3ID_soldiers.JPG

Vanessa,

That is terrible news ... glad your injuries were not so bad and very sorry for your friend. My prayers are with you both.

DJ

I'm sorry to hear that, man how do I pray for someone like that. All I can pray is that God will be merciful. May your friend and yourself have a speedy recovery and may God touch his life in a special way. God is a healer and through Christ Jesus all things are possible. Tell your friend NOT to give up hope and maintain his FAITH. All things happen for the good of those who serve the Lord.

God bless you both,
BigDawg

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081221728 -->

banner_metalic.jpg

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I hope you both heal soon. Best wishes for you and your friend. I hope they find the guy that did this.

Back