Impeachment inquiry against Donald Trump

the system we have now works great. Makes things fair. I don’t even know why they show the popular vote since it doesn’t really matter. Trump will both votes this time.
To my way of thinking you are wrong, and is against what this country was founded on . One person one vote, and the will of the majority, if I have no say in this I don’t feel bound by it’s decisions, might as well be a king!

960537_81_90771_DrdO3qFgW.gif

To my way of thinking you are wrong, and is against what this country was founded on . One person one vote, and the will of the majority, if I have no say in this I don’t feel bound by it’s decisions, might as well be a king!

Uh, the country wasn’t founded on one person, one vote. The founders set up the electoral college specifically so the will of the majority couldn’t rule the land to ensure all all states had a say, not just the high population states.

Last edited:

#DrainTheSwamp ~ #OurGovernmentIsCorrupt ~ #Sneaky ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
There is too much voter fraud and corruption in some of those high population states. We need the electoral college...

Dems complain about Russia interfering with our election but now want non citizens to vote.

It has been in place for well over two hundred years to give all states a say in elections.

Trump 2020!!! :thumbsup:
Republican control of house and senate by a vast majority of votes so no democrat votes are needed to pass any legislation 2020!!!:thumbsup:
Maybe a couple more Supreme Court judges!!! :thumbsup: Be careful of what you wish for , you might get it. I don’t want any one party to have total power, that is where true checks and balances lye.
:poke:

The electoral college was enacted somewhere around the 1780's with the bunch of amendments made to the constitution to ensure it's adoption by all the states. It's always sketchy to discuss the motives of the founders but the obvious rational seems logical: Smaller states were concerned about being made irrelevant by the larger states with bigger populations. More specifically the southern slave states were concerned the northern, more populated states would dominate the country's policies.

Personally, I haven't heard a good rationale for getting rid of the EC. Yes, sometimes a guy like Trump can get through even when loosing by 3 million votes, but I don't think that's the EC's fault. Hilary tried to cherry pick her campaigning efforts and she misjudged the electoral vote count. Also, Republicans have rigged so many voting districts to essentially make minority votes irrelevant. Those are the problems that make the EC not work and we get presidents the country didn't vote for by a majority. For example Obama ran a 50 state campaign and he cleaned up the popular and EC votes twice.

If we get rid of the EC, the results would be huge. It would be possible to win three or four states and be president. Smaller states would be ignored by candidates when they are running for election and after they are elected. Also the considerable campaign economy would all get spent in NY, CA, and maybe FL or TX.

For Dems, we just have to win state governments and work through the courts to stop the unlawful taking of voter rights from millions of minorities. For Reps, it doesn't look good as they are a minority that's getting smaller and smaller every day. Cheating and unamerican activities may be their only option.

Be careful of what you wish for , you might get it. I don’t want any one party to have total power, that is where true checks and balances lye.
:poke:

I too believe in what I call the pendulum theory. Back and forth, liberal and conservative leadership, with contrasting judicial and legislative representation. Checks and balances indeed. I don't know if you used lye instead of lie intentionally; I think politics are caustic so it fits quite well :)

The electoral college was enacted somewhere around the 1780's with the bunch of amendments made to the constitution to ensure it's adoption by all the states. It's always sketchy to discuss the motives of the founders but the obvious rational seems logical: Smaller states were concerned about being made irrelevant by the larger states with bigger populations. More specifically the southern slave states were concerned the northern, more populated states would dominate the country's policies.

Personally, I haven't heard a good rationale for getting rid of the EC. Yes, sometimes a guy like Trump can get through even when loosing by 3 million votes, but I don't think that's the EC's fault. Hilary tried to cherry pick her campaigning efforts and she misjudged the electoral vote count. Also, Republicans have rigged so many voting districts to essentially make minority votes irrelevant. Those are the problems that make the EC not work and we get presidents the country didn't vote for by a majority. For example Obama ran a 50 state campaign and he cleaned up the popular and EC votes twice.

If we get rid of the EC, the results would be huge. It would be possible to win three or four states and be president. Smaller states would be ignored by candidates when they are running for election and after they are elected. Also the considerable campaign economy would all get spent in NY, CA, and maybe FL or TX.

For Dems, we just have to win state governments and work through the courts to stop the unlawful taking of voter rights from millions of minorities. For Reps, it doesn't look good as they are a minority that's getting smaller and smaller every day. Cheating and unamerican activities may be their only option.

Well said, though I think redistricting has been pushed by both parties to support their interests. If that has happened in places to make minority votes irrelevant, that’s a separate issue that should be rectified. I’ve only lived in California and Washington, so my experience has been seeing the Democrats use redistricting to minimize the voice of Republicans and that’s not right either. We’re all in trouble when our leadership is manipulating the system to retain or gain power.

You mention preventing the illegal taking of voter rights for minorities. I agree with that statement in principle, but I‘m curious what you mean. Voter ID laws come to mind, but perhaps not what you were referring to. Voter ID seems logical to me to prevent people voting more than once, non-citizen voting, votes being cast for deceased persons and other voter fraud. It seems condescending to me when I hear it suggested that this would descriminate against minorities, because they are every bit as intelligent and capable as anyone else. Some assistance might need implemented for the impoverished, but that could be addressed. Truly interested in your thoughts.

I too believe in what I call the pendulum theory. Back and forth, liberal and conservative leadership, with contrasting judicial and legislative representation. Checks and balances indeed. I don't know if you used lye instead of lie intentionally; I think politics are caustic so it fits quite well :)
The system was designed to be a pendulum. As conditions in the country call for a conserative or liberal response, those representatives would be voted power. But as the sides become more extreme, the pendulum is threatening to overturn. I believe this is the goal of the alt-right.

Well said, though I think redistricting has been pushed by both parties to support their interests. If that has happened in places to make minority votes irrelevant, that’s a separate issue that should be rectified. I’ve only lived in California and Washington, so my experience has been seeing the Democrats use redistricting to minimize the voice of Republicans and that’s not right either. We’re all in trouble when our leadership is manipulating the system to retain or gain power.

You mention preventing the illegal taking of voter rights for minorities. I agree with that statement in principle, but I‘m curious what you mean. Voter ID laws come to mind, but perhaps not what you were referring to. Voter ID seems logical to me to prevent people voting more than once, non-citizen voting, votes being cast for deceased persons and other voter fraud. It seems condescending to me when I hear it suggested that this would descriminate against minorities, because they are every bit as intelligent and capable as anyone else. Some assistance might need implemented for the impoverished, but that could be addressed. Truly interested in your thoughts.
A lot of people don't have a license and dont want one. Doesn't seem like a big ask on the part of the government but whatever. But you can't say we have a constitutional right to a gun but not a constitutional right to vote. Besides there is zero evidence of this sort of any significant fraud. On the other hand there is a lot of examples of peoplebeing scrubed from the roles simply based on their names sounding black or latino. That is what I was referring to.

HI. If this does not get him out. I will just have to tell Nancy Pelosi to start a new impeachment that will get him kicked for sure, this will not fail. Remember when he got 2 scopes of ice cream and every one only got 1. Well that was not fair at all. I am all for open borders. We need them to comet the crimes that Americans do not want comet. OH sorry I meant do the say do the jobs that Americans do not want to do. As they cross the border we could hire Vets to give them get out of jail free cards, free health care, free homes, free cars, free close , free money too, also voter I Ds. Remember vote Bernie Sanders and AOC for VP comrade. Then we can get rid of the constitution have no hate speech [free speech]. Keep us safe from our own guns [even if we have to kill you to do it].
You forgot one thing. With all that chaos we might also consider no posted speed restrictions for all motorcycles on country roads.

A lot of people don't have a license and dont want one. Doesn't seem like a big ask on the part of the government but whatever. But you can't say we have a constitutional right to a gun but not a constitutional right to vote. Besides there is zero evidence of this sort of any significant fraud. On the other hand there is a lot of examples of peoplebeing scrubed from the roles simply based on their names sounding black or latino. That is what I was referring to.
Where do you live? You make it sound terrible and full of racist. How many people do you know that don’t have a ID. You can’t live with out one. You can’t get a job, open a bank account, or even get welfare.

And yes I’m jealous of your bike.

Back