If we could just put aside our differences....

Black, brown, white, gays getting married, atheist, Muslim, Christian, Jew, straight, poor, rich, conservative, liberal, single mother on welfare, criminal, victim, child, the elderly, father, son, daughter, mother, black sheep, thin, fat, the healthy, sick, the beautiful and ugly are all deserving of our compassion and understanding.

Truth be told, it's a philosophy folks on the .Org could express more.

:laugh:

John 13:1-35

cheers
ken

I agree with Ken, but that doesn't mean we have to accept behavior that is unacceptable. Homosexuality is a behavior (even a choice) and to compare that to racism is wrong, and even dilutes the vileness of racism. Ken quotes chapter and verse from the Bible, and that is fine. But if you are going to use the Bible to make a point, you don't get to cherry pick scripture, because the Bible is very clear on homosexuality and sexual sin. All sin is bad, and we are to HATE THE SIN, but LOVE the SINNER. I could go on and on, but I think you get where I'm coming from.

I will say one thing on the debate about homosexuals marrying that concerns me. Frankly I disagree strongly with their lifestyle, but when it comes down to it, it's for them to workout with God. My concern is how their political group will continue to force their behavior down our throat. I foresee that if homosexual marriage becomes the law of the land, churches will be forced to marry them. Their argument will be that if the church refuses to marry them due to their beliefs a civil rights lawsuit/complaint will be filed against the church for that refusal. This law could really gut the church in this country.

On final note, I love how brilliant the homosexual community has been with their movement. Much like the frog in the cold water in the pot on the stove, and turning the heat up slowly over time and he is cooked to death without knowing what is happening. Over time we have gotten brainwashed and desensitized through the media, TV, movies, books, etc. how it really is OK for same sex relations. Perfect execution, and the sheep of the masses took it hook, line and sinker, bravo. I wonder if pedophiles will be successful with the same tactic? Both are behaviors. Both were considered a mental illness years ago. There is a movement in the liberal community, even the psychological community spinning that line of thought. I wonder what we will think about the vile behavior of pedophilia in 50 years?

Like judge Bjork's book, "slouching towards gommorrah" we really have become a amoral country.

Human nature is the same, its how we act on that nature. Everyone of us have a human nature, and that nature is the same for all of us. We pick and choose how we act and behave. Some of us pick the same way as others and some dont.

Everyone of us have the ability:

to hate
to love
to kill
to sneer
to care
"ect"

Its what we choose that builds are character that other people see.

We would see we are all really the same !

:beerchug:

Your premise is ridiculas and very very naive.

First point, people as a whole generally SUCK. We're selfish, greedy, uncaring,
etc., etc.,. Yes individuals can and do rise above it. I aspire to be one of them
daily, but read the paper, watch the news, even look at our so called leaders
in Washington, we're basically one level above slime and just as dumb (again
look at the people we elected in Washington, and we're the evolved civilized
country beacon of light so to speak). So your term of "good people" is a certain
minority segment unto itself.

Point 2, our beliefs which include (but not limited to) political, religion, and
our sense of moral values, much of wich are exact polar opposites of another's,
shapes us WHO WE ARE.

Now I suppose if I were (being a conservitive) were dropped on an island with
a staunch Obama supporter with no chance of rescue...everything else would
drop away and survival being primary goal, I'm sure we would work together, etc.
So what...what's the point?

Drop 20 or 100 on the island and I'm sure you'll get groups maybe even establish
territories and start fighting....ta da...people suck it's our nature (original sin).

Last edited:
Fundamentally, Blanca Busa may well be right ....

We all start out the same and have the same basic desires referenced in this nation's declaration of independence ... I think it's safe to believe that everyone wants: to live, to be free, to be happy. It's how we define and pursue those common goals that begins to unite or separate us.

Last edited:
Fundamentally, Blanca Busa may well be right ....

We all start out the same and have the same basic desires referenced in this nation's declaration of independence ... I think it's safe to believe that everyone wants: to live, to be free, to be happy. It's how we define and pursue those common goals that begins to unite or separate us.

Sorry, IMHO dead wrong...

Politically the Progressive/Liberals don't want freedom, they want a huge govt
with a large Nanny State that provides for them with they assume zero responsibility.
Shredding the constitution in the process justifies the ends. How on earth is that
the same.

Aethists are not content with just not believing in God, they want to make sure
you (rhetorically speaking) don't either. They even worry about a cross on federal
land in the middle of THE MOJAVE DESERT :banghead:.

Wont even address the moral issues...

If I don't like something on TV I change the channel and move on, if "they" don't
like something on TV...they feel the need to get it off the air. They are not
content with living free but control control control, making govt' huge and
regulations out the wahzoo.

These are fundamental differences that go down to the core being.

So I guess to your point...if you remove all the differences and the thngs that
makes us different...then I guess we're the same :wtf: ???

Like judge Bjork's book, "slouching towards gommorrah" we really have become a amoral country.
omg its gammorahhhh
Gamera1.jpg

when a child is born...his mind is clean.

however, he is raised by parents that corupt that mind with thier prejudices.....

I happen to believe that my parents taught me the difference between right and wrong not corruption. I would instead think the LACK of good parenting is worse.

Awesome post Ghillie.

Whatever you want to call it, when you are taught to hate a person or a group of people that have done nothing to you...it is wrong.

You can hide behind your religion, you can hide behind morality or any other basis....but in the end it is just hate.

I see lots of anger and hate on this board at times, and I have to wonder why?

So two men want to get married...why does that threaten you?

If your children can corupted by the sight of gay people, maybe you are not living the upstanding life you think you are.

PS: Homosexualty is not a choice, its how god makes some people. If god hates Homo's so much....why does he keep making them?

Last edited:
Your premise is ridiculas and very very naive.

First point, people as a whole generally SUCK. We're selfish, greedy, uncaring,
etc., etc.,. Yes individuals can and do rise above it. I aspire to be one of them
daily, but read the paper, watch the news, even look at our so called leaders
in Washington,
we're basically one level above slime and just as dumb (again
look at the people we elected in Washington, and we're the evolved civilized
country beacon of light so to speak). So your term of "good people" is a certain
minority segment unto itself.

Point 2, our beliefs which include (but not limited to) political, religion, and
our sense of moral values, much of wich are exact polar opposites of another's,
shapes us WHO WE ARE.

Now I suppose if I were (being a conservitive) were dropped on an island with
a staunch Obama supporter with no chance of rescue...everything else would
drop away and survival being primary goal, I'm sure we would work together, etc.
So what...what's the point?

Drop 20 or 100 on the island and I'm sure you'll get groups maybe even establish
territories and start fighting....ta da...people suck it's our nature (original sin).

Turn off the TV, put down that alarmist negative newspaper and stop thinking an incalculably small percentage of the population (our leaders) reflects the populace as a whole ! The majority of folks are good honest hard working people all with same desires no matter what country they live in .
Sad that only negativity and blood, guts and violence drive and control the media these days . When was last time you saw an hours worth of good news ? Never ! Imagine how attitudes and people on a whole would change is the media broadcast a more positive side of things instead of same ole 'if it bleeds it leads' ? Imagine if for just one generation we could learn to leave 'hate' out of the conversation and our behavior ? Things would change for the better .

Ghillie your post makes good sense philosophically but I think the topic and that thread was closed . I do many things others don't like and others do many things I don't like . Some way somehow we have to learn to all rise above it and get along .
Do little green men from mars have to attack the earth to make us unite as a race or what ?

PS: Homosexualty is not a choice, its how god makes some people. If god hates Homo's so much....why does he keep making them?

God gave man free will. But that doesn't mean it doesn't have it's consequences....

Try to stay on my 'random thought' and not direct this thread toward a singular arguement please guys .
If we get off on one topic and begin to argue again this discussion will be closed by the overseers and rightfully so .

My thought included ALL people and made the basic premise that deep down without predjudice we are all the same .
Red blood , two eyes, two ears, two arms , two legs.....you get the pic.
Let's not single anyone out again .

Just because a person disagrees with a lifestyle, doesn't mean they hate. That is a common tactic of late from the left side of the political spectrum. When they have no argument, or know their argument is weak they resort to name calling.

As far as the point that "God makes homosexuals that way" is unproven. They still have not located the "gay gene". There is no doubt in my mind there are lots of pro-gay geneticists looking very hard for that bad boy.

Blanca,

Yeah that thread was closed before I commented and assumed you were alluding to it with this thread. If I hijacked your thread sorry.

Last edited:
You are right Said, I'm getting drawn back into a thread that I started and has already been closed (because I suggested it) and I need to stop. I'm not going to change anyone's mind just as much as noone is going to change mine.

You cause and original premise is a noble one and for that you get a :beerchug:

Ghillie and Skydivr no need to apologize as i was just trying to point out a simple point .
Least I thought it was ?

Let me ask you something in an American sense . Bringing it back home and just regarding the USA .

Let's say tomorrow a larger more powerful country or 'force' invaded and started rounding up groups of other Americans whose behaviors and mannerisms you yourself have most of your life not agreed with .
What would you do ?
Watch them get shipped off or stand up for your fellow American ?
I think we would all unite overnight ?
Why can't we do that before the worst happens ?
Imagine no parties in congress , no dems no repubs ?
Just getting things done .
Imagine a country without division ?
Imagine all colors and beliefs working together to make a better place instead of arguing over how to build it ?
How strong would that country be ?

Turn off the TV, put down that alarmist negative newspaper and stop thinking an incalculably small percentage of the population (our leaders) reflects the populace as a whole ! The majority of folks are good honest hard working people all with same desires no matter what country they live in .
Sad that only negativity and blood, guts and violence drive and control the media these days . When was last time you saw an hours worth of good news ? Never ! Imagine how attitudes and people on a whole would change is the media broadcast a more positive side of things instead of same ole 'if it bleeds it leads' ? Imagine if for just one generation we could learn to leave 'hate' out of the conversation and our behavior ? Things would change for the better .

Oh :bs: land of rainbows and unicorns...

It's not only on the news and tv...I see it everyday all around me. Divorce is
rampant because it's all about the "me" generation and instant gratification.
Hard working...I see laziness all around as well as honest stupidity.

My God man, my father passed and left his half of the family house to my
brother and myself. The other half owned by my mother who still lived in
the house. My mother and I were SUED by my brother (tenants in common)
for money..cause he wanted his "share" now and couldn't wait for mom to die.
The judge could rule the home be sold at auction on the courthouse steps for
next to nothing leaving mom homeless.

One of a thousand stories...yes there are good people out there, many on the
org.board and I can appreciate your optimism...but by and large people suck
and suck HARD...and that's MOST OF THEM.

Once again...Original Sin.

Ghillie and Skydivr no need to apologize as i was just trying to point out a simple point .
Least I thought it was ?

Let me ask you something in an American sense . Bringing it back home and just regarding the USA .

Let's say tomorrow a larger more powerful country or 'force' invaded and started rounding up groups of other Americans whose behaviors and mannerisms you yourself have most of your life not agreed with .
What would you do ?
Watch them get shipped off or stand up for your fellow American ?
I think we would all unite overnight ?
Why can't we do that before the worst happens ?
Imagine no parties in congress , no dems no repubs ?
Just getting things done .
Imagine a country without division ?
Imagine all colors and beliefs working together to make a better place instead of arguing over how to build it ?
How strong would that country be ?

Very strong country. Not going to happen here.

Oh :bs: land of rainbows and unicorns...

It's not only on the news and tv...I see it everyday all around me. Divorce is
rampant because it's all about the "me" generation and instant gratification.
Hard working...I see laziness all around as well as honest stupidity.

My God man, my father passed and left his half of the family house to my
brother and myself. The other half owned by my mother who still lived in
the house. My mother and I were SUED by my brother (tenants in common)
for money..cause he wanted his "share" now and couldn't wait for mom to die.
The judge could rule the home be sold at auction on the courthouse steps for
next to nothing leaving mom homeless.

One of a thousand stories...yes there are good people out there, many on the
org.board and I can appreciate your optimism...but by and large people suck
and suck HARD...and that's MOST OF THEM.

Once again...Original Sin.

We see what we want to see and how we want to see it .
Try to see the glass half full a little more often .
If you try you will see more good than bad .
The world around you is what you make of it .

We see what we want to see and how we want to see it .
Try to see the glass half full a little more often .
If you try you will see more good than bad .
The world around you is what you make of it .

Sorry, I'm cursed (or blessed). Rose colored glasses never worked on me.
I see things as they are, no sugar coating.

That's why I label myself in my signature the pessimistic optimist.

I see what they could be but also as they are and know they will never be
because of human nature.

Back